Ended
Watch

Pipeworks: Hanging Around

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan was having a ball. She'd wished she'd visited the Pipeworks more regularly then she did. This place was great, it was like going on the kiddey rides! Well, at least until she got to the more advanced walls. The harness thing was a little annoying. Sadly it was a requirement to use the place. That still didn't stop Morgan from climbing everywhere like a monkey on caffeine.

The staff seemed content to leave Morgan to herself when it came to the climbing. Not even complaining when she often hung from her feet to check out the room below her.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

ooc: Sorry, -1 Glamour to Harden the Mask.

Miach

PRE

Team sports were all good and fine, but Miach was at heart much more self-focused when going for physical exertion. The Pipework was a usual hang-out for him, and today was no different. Except for the brunette that seemed to climb the walls - even the advanced ones - as if they were stairs, that is...

His two feet firmly planted, Miach was hanging by his left hand while his right was wiping sweat from his forehead. He couldn't resist talking at the woman. She was so... natural.

"How the heck do you even do that ?" he exclaimed, flabbergasted by her antics.

4. Likes Origins liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan wasn't expecting that outburst and lost her footing on one of the holds, her arms windmilling. She didn't (blindly) panic. Her arms made one rotation to help her bend forward, grasping some holds with her hands. She removed her foot before turning herself around upon the wall, putting her hands and feet into more "normal" position with new climbing holds.

It would have been nerve wracking to watch, if it hadn't taken less then a minute. Climbing was a natural activity for the Steepscrambler. Hand holds were a lot easier for her then building exteriors.

With that Morgan turned to the handsome blonde that had surprised her, freeing one hand to wave hello with, "Sup? Sorry, you surprised me, heh-heh. Oh, its lots easier with these," she tapped one of the plastic hand holds in the wall, "then it is with brick walls, heh. How you doing with it?"

Miach

PRE

"Watch out !" couldn't help but exclaim as the wiry brunette seemed about to lose her grasp on the wall, his left hand darting forth reflexively while his right one gripped even further the hold. It was obviously futile, she could have been playing on a sandy beach for all she seemed worried.

"Sorry..." the tall Acanthus blurted in quick apologies. He had evidently been the one to startle her. "Easier, easier... it's easier said than done !" he said with a laugh. "I'm doing well enough, I guess, though I'm worlds apart from you... street training got you that amazing skill ?" did he ask when Morgan mentioned the brick walls.

7. Likes Origins liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan chuckled. Street training had helped her fine tune it, to start to see "the flow" as traceurs called it. Climbing the cliffs and the jungle, often whilst carrying someone, whilst pursued by things with lots of teeth was what made her so a "skilled" climber.

Not that she could say that without sounding crazy. Well, if she tried saracasm she could come off as a bitch, but she'd still be violating her Oath so no.

Instead, she just smiled and nodded her head quickly, "Oooh totally street and rooftops too, heh-heh. Started as fun then got work with it, heh-heh. Do what you love and you won't work a day in you life they say...mostly," she grimaced. Getting packages from A to B was fun, the folks she had to meet with were sometimes not.

Well, didn't matter right now. She clambered up to make her way over to Miach, it'd take some time climb the arch in the way.

"Heh, you are doing okay though, heh. Seem to know your stuff for hand-hold climbs...cooould give you advice on handling falls, heh-heh." At the arch she had a problem with height. She had to kick up to the hand holds that would let her reach from one side of the arch to the other.

Looking down at Miach, she smiled, "Be over there in a minute, sorry for wait. I am NOT trying to hop this with a harness again, nuh-uh no." She had tried jumping beneath the arch once already, but the harness had made the landing from that attempt go funny. It'd been unpleasant and she didn't want to do it again.

9. Likes Chrisie liked this post

Miach

PRE

"I need must try that street thing, then !" the Mage said emphatically. "But I totally can get behind what you said about loving your work. I'm a doctor, and I love every minute of it." he said with a firm nod indeed.

As the young woman displayed once again her amazing ease while maneuvering to come and talk with him, Miach humbly stood where he was. "I... would rather not ever try to learn how to fall. Learning to climb like you, though..." he said, smiling at her while watching her climb.

"I'm Jon. Pleased to meet you..."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Doctor? Uh-oh, that meant he was WAY smarter then her. Hopefully she didn't say anything that made her sound stupid. Well, she was more agile, right? Considering she was actually facing head first towards the ground as she climbed down to his level, she probably was. "Doctor? Heh, that's great job," she spoke as she climbed, "helping and healing folks must be really nice, heh."

A little above him she stopped and turned herself around. It took a little time to reorient herself on the wall so her feet were pointing towards the ground and not the ceilng anymore. It wasn't something she usually did on parkour runs. She did laugh lightly at his reluctance to learn the harder aspects of parkour. His loss for safety if he ever tried leaping between tall buildings in a single bound. She stopped and got a thoughtful look, Huh? Guess you can only do it in a single jump-bound anyway, right? She shrugged.

"Eh, suit yourself. Safety trick though, heh. Aaaand find it a good shortcut method, heh-heh." Well it did work. Leaning back she waved a hand hello, "Right, manners! Hiya Jon, I'm Morgan! What is up? Uh-heh-heh, aside from me that is, heh."

Miach

PRE

"Nice meeting you, Morgan." Miach said to the Beast. His smile never left his face as she talked about handling falls, and he replied in kind.

"Well, obviously you're the expert, not I, so I should probably be listening to you... but still... is there really a trick to falling ? I mean, gravity does all the job for you, right ?" did he reply with a wink.

"As for what's up, well... nothing more than a hard day's workout. And what about you ? What's your job that you need this skillset ? You're a mountaineer, or a climbing teacher ? Cause I could use classes to be half as skilled as you !" he said as she readjusted to his level as if it were nothing. He would have fallen thrice already just by trying half of it !

13. Likes Origins liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

She laughed at the gravity joke. Then shook her head no, "Coure there's a trick! Fall right 10 stories is a light bruise. Fall wrong 1 floor is a broken leg, heh. I done former, not latter. Best to learn how to roll with landing, it, uh..." What was the word? Kinetic-something or other getting dispersed through the momentous roll? That sounded wrong. She chuckled, waving her hand, "Eeeh not sure right phrases here-heh-heh. But rolling takes a lot of oomph out of the fall. Yeeeah, that's it."

Morgan looked unhappy at the mention of mountain climbing. More impressive was her using both hands to wave no, and somehow not falling, "No-no-no-no-no, not wilder places for me, urban!" She pointed at him with both fingers at the last word for emphasis. Gravity finally started to assert itself but she had more then enough time to grab a hand hold. She'd had enough of the "great outdoors" in Arcadia. "Parkour and courier, heh. Quicker delivery then a car in a city, proven too." She had a smug smile as she nodded her head and gave a thumbs up. That had been a fun race, especially the look on the driver's face when she'd spotted Morgan waiting for her. "Not really a trainer, or, uh, not professional at any rate," a single class of knife-throwing probably didn't count, "but I could give you some pointers if you want, heh."

15. Likes Bigpaw liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread