Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(private) Bookstore coffee and Apologies.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Aurum Yog-Sothoth

Pepper was at a bookstore - one of those generic large ones with a coffeeshop in a corner - not doing much at this point. Well, she was using the seating and coffee to do some extra editing on a particular manuscript for work, but that was rather sedentary, other than the trip back to the counter every half hour for another cup.

It was going to be a nice weekend afternoon, and she'd pick up some books on her way out just for the heck of it.

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

Today she was dressed as usual, but a little toned down for everyday outings. She had her cyberlocks and goggles, long-sleeved shirt, cargo pants, and boots as standard attire. The color scheme was black and blue with mid-length bright blue hair...she was the epitome of subtle.

Aurum finished her purchase at the coffee counter and carried her large Frappuccino and book with her to a table. She wanted to do a little reading and kill some time when she spotted Pepper. She didn't know much about this woman. However, since she was the only person the goth knew she thought it would be a good idea to see what was up.

"Hey, 'sup,"
    the cybergoth said with a nod as she slowed to a stop by the woman's table.
    Fisher: Shaman of The Adamatine Arrow,
    5'8", tan, lean with long black hair and brown eyes. ||Presence: 2
    Supernal Vision / Organic Resilience, and Mana 5/11, WP 5/5.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Pepper looked up from her sheaf of papers, not expecting to meet anyone. Aurum's fashion sense was unmistakable though, so she gestured to a free chair nearby and smiled politely before scribbling the time on the margins of the paper. "Hey, sorry again about not saying hi at the Rage. I didn't realize I'd done that before you pointed it out..." She shrugged off what she was going to continue with might just seem like more excuses. "Did you have fun with the Karaoke?"

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

"Hey don't worry about it," Aurum said with a shrug. "I've already forgotten it. Shit happens."

The Moros sat down in the indicated chair and set down her book and her drink. Then popped the top of the drink and took a sip.

"It was interesting,"
    she began after setting down her drink. "All in all I enjoyed it, you can't ask for much more than that. So what you up to, anything interesting?"

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper arched an eyebrow at that, because really, Aurum had seemed pretty upset with the first attempt at and apology. The Acanthus just had to figure that the cybergoth was one of those people who had tempers that flashed in the pan and dissipated just as quickly. Best to let that alone, then, and trust it wouldn't come back to bite her.

"Just reading over some work stuff, right now. Wouldn't mind a break though. There's only so many times you can read over the same thing before you start to hate it."

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

"I hear ya," Aurum said in agreement. "I can get bored of the same thing all the time too. It is nice to get out for a change of pace when you run into a roadblock on research, work, or whatever. Taking a break lets you come back with a fresh perspective."

The goth took another gulp of her drink and considered the other woman. She didn't know much about her, and she appeared to have ties to that Zoey girl.

"What kind of work do you do?" she asked conversationally while setting down her bottle.

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Truth, thankfully it was less roadblock and more... this was the tenth time reading this particular manuscript this week. She was going to be dreaming this story tonight. Again. "I work in a publishing company." Pepper hesitated a moment, the stack of papers weighing heavy with responsibility for a moment, before she tucked them into her bag. She didn't need to show them - couldn't, really.

"We've got a cool story focus, publishing authors who sometimes get passed up despite excellent works, or sometimes get told that their character cast is too diverse, and so on. I tend to find that keeping the cast as the writer intended adds a lot of depth and emphasis to pieces of the story, so helping get stories like that published is... Well, it's pretty awesome, and something I believe in." Because it was really cool to help get stories where Pepper could see herself in the characters on the shelves. Bit selfish, but that's how things went, sometimes.

"What about you? how do you make your living?"

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

Aurum listened with genuine interest at Pepper's occupation and continued to sip her drink. The work the other woman did sounded pretty interesting and her passion for her work really shown through.

"That sounds pretty interesting working with people like that. Getting involved in the creative process and helping promising writers get published sounds like it can be rewarding. I can appreciate the drive to create."

The goth shrugged dismissively at the question about her own occupation.

"I'm just working my way through school right now so I'm not really doing anything special, so mainly student. I'm studying civil engineering most likely focusing on structural engineering. I also like working with my hands or drawing so I'll see where things take me. It lets me get creative and design so it keeps me interested."

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper nodded at Aurum's basic assessment of her job. Yeah, the drive to create was definitely part of it, but there were other aspects to her loving her job that wasn't straight up editing. If it was, burn out from jealousy might have been a thing. Still, bringing those parts into sharper focus felt like setting up argument traps sometimes.

But hearing Aurum's major had her chuckling. "That makes you the third person I know in this city who's gone to school for Engineering. Though one of them - my sister and roommate - is a grad student right now, though... she's Mechanical Engineering."

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

"Nice," Aurum said with a grin. "I didn't know it was so popular. That was the plan, but things change and I'm not so sure anymore. I've got a few different things I'm focusing on so I have options. But, I don't like looking at something and not knowing how it works when it comes to the physical world. Of course I've been thinking about developing more an artistic focus instead of engineering cause I like the drawing and working with my hands. Regardless, either one could be bent into community improvement."

The goth shrugged noncommittally before she leaned forward interested in Pepper and her situation.

"That must be pretty neat being close to family like that. I have my family out east so it is both good and bad. Since you're living as roommates, you two are close I take it?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread