(Private) Manners & Etiquette

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

The Ballo Della Notte, a beautiful piece of architecture, sits quietly that evening. The outside boasts an old structure that had been renovated years ago. While updated, it still retains it old world feel.

The lobby is a breathtaking arc. There are concession stands here and there, but it does not diminish the feeling that you have just stepped back in time. Everything from the plush, rich velvets, the marble floor, to the hand carved woodwork on the walls, and pillars that extended to the ceiling brings one back centuries. The theater doors at each end of the arc are currently closed, and the lights are comfortably dim.

In the lobby stands Daniella, having setup a meeting with Juan. That evening she wore a simple, yet well-tailored dark gray dress. A simple belt cinched her tiny waist and her long dark hair was down and swept to the side.

She emits no Beast.
    Juan Carlos
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

J
    Juan Cordoba

The Toreador calmly walked into the theater, dressed in a three-piece gray suit. His eyes were looking everywhere, admiring the beauty of the architecture. "Marvelous, simply marvelous," he commented in a low voice.

As his head centered upon Daniella, he smiled cheerfully. Simply marvelous... he thought to himself regarding the appearance of the British Kindred.

Having no Beast gauge his perception of her standing, he stepped within a polite distance of her. Not too close to intimidate, yet not too far away to be distant and rude. "Good evening Lady Au Pair Sage. It is delightful to see you once again," he greeted cordially. "I am ever-so grateful for you taking the time to educate me."

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

A friendly smile spreads across her lips as she feels the approach of Juan. Her Beast pulls and fights against its chains, demanding the chance to rend and tear apart the challenger where he stood.

As her sensitive ears picked up his compliment, she briefly looks about the lobby. It was a beautiful and marvelous building.

“A good evening to you as well Mister Garreta de Cordoba. Welcome to the Ballo Della Notte." She replied with an open hand gesture. “If I may, that is quite a handsome suit!" she says, her compliment genuine. "It was a pleasure to set aside the time to meet with you!” she says with a nod of her head.

“If you will follow me, we can talk more openly in my office.”
    And if he agrees, she will lead him through a set of doors that leads to a small hallway.

She had selected a good sized office, making sure she left Twists office as it was. Opening the door, she gestures for Juan to enter, before following behind him and closing the door. A few lamps let off a comfortable glow of light, and allowed one to view the space. A desk sat in the corner, a lap top open and glowing on it, a bamboo plant on the other side of the lap top and books and binders lined the walls behind it. On one wall hung a framed copy of a painting, The Young Martyr. A small seating area was off to the side with an elegant, yet comfortable couch and two arm chairs. Soft music played from speakers, though their exact location remained unknown. There was also the soft scent of Japanese cherry blooms in the air, perhaps Daniellas perfume?

“Please, have a seat.” She says gesturing to the couch and arm chairs. “How have you been since we last spoke?” she asked.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

J
    Juan Cordoba

"Why thank you Lady Sage," he returned, "Your fashion sense is most elegant."

The Toreador followed at an even paced, surveying the surroundings. As they arrived at the office, the dedication to art excited his senses. The plant drew his attention first. Perhaps Lady Saito might be interested in this. The music's first lyrics, "Holy water won't help you," raised a coy smirk. That's right, oh Kine singer, that's right. The Young Martyr he commented on, "Delaroche," he said to the Au Pair, "You have exquisite taste."

The scent of the cherry blossoms eased him into the seat. "I have been magnificent," the man replies with a wide smile. "I have been welcomed with open arms. Sacramento has been the friendliest I have encountered." His tone was sincere complacency. "I am most pleased to state I am now an Acknowledged member of the Domain."

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Well, that was a first. Her fashion sense had never been described as elegant.

“Thank you Mister Garreta de Cordoba, that is very sweet of you to say.” She said with a soft smile.

At the mention of the prints artist, she looks to Juan with mild surprise. “Are you a fan of his work?” she asked, “Not many Kindred recognize his art.” She replied lowing herself into the other seat. Her legs were crossed at the ankles and tucked off to the side.

“Why thank you! What are your views and opinion on this particular piece?” she asked, genuinely curious.

“I have been trying to add to my collection of art over the years.” She replied.

“That is great to hear! I know the Kindred and Officials here go out of their way to be welcoming.” Those that didn’t were usually avoided.

“Ah, I take it you met with the remarkable Seneschal Villiers?” she asked with an easy smile. “Have you had a chance to meet with your Priscus as well?”

J
    Juan Cordoba

Juan placed a hand on his heart, "I would be remiss if I could not recognize a wide variety of art." Looking to the painting once more, "Oil paintings such as that take a remarkable amount of time to work," it was such a beautiful piece. "It speaks volumes of the persecutions Christians faced in their early days. I am of the opinion that it is a sunset, not a sunrise." He pointed toward the portion, "The two Kine embracing one another are grieving for the fallen. The Martyr appears dead from a layman's perspective, yet there is still that blush of life that remains clinging."

Turning his face the Au Pair with a congenial smile, "I am an artist. If you wish to add to works to your collection, by all means, please let me know."

With regards to meeting his Priscus, "Yes. I happened upon Madame Priscus and now Harpy Star. She gave me temporary Acknowledgement prior to meeting with the Seneschal."

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Her dark eyes turn to the painting as she listens to Juan. He seemed to share some of her views and thoughts on the piece.

“You are very observant, I haven’t spoken with someone with such a fascinating view on the piece before.” Granted she had just put it up, but it had been mentioned in previous conversations. She leaned forward slightly, “A sunset you say? He certainly leaves that detail open to whomever is viewing it. But a sunset would make sense, as the light of a young womans life has been put out, and her family is grieving. What I have always found interesting, is how the water around her head lights up with the light of the halo.” She again glances to the painting, “Perhaps that glow is the blush of life you say remains clinging?”

She then laughs lightly, “You’ll have to excuse me, I could discuss this all evening if you let me.”

Her eyes seem to light up, “An artist? That is simply wonderful! Such talent artists have. And I may just take you up on that offer.”

A soft nod of her head, “Splendid, Madame Star is a truly noteworthy and impressive Kindred of Quality.” She praised the Daeva.

J
    Juan Cordoba

The Priscus of Shadows definitely had an artistic sense - a trait he appreciated. He like her could talk endlessly on the symbolical meanings behind the piece.

It appeared that his Priscus was just as well respected as he expected. "Yes, she most certainly is. I am quite fond of her as well. I received a very hospitable welcoming to the Domain." Now it was time to get to the heart of the matter in which they both agreed to speak of.

Politely he asked, "Lady Sage, may I request your wisdom and enlightenment on local customs and etiquette?"

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

She was a little disappointed by the change of topic, she rarely seemed to have meetings where they could discuss something besides Domain business. Oh well, the duties of being a Domain Official and Au Pair.

A slight nod and smile appear, “Of course!” She replied. “If I may, you seem to have excellent manners from the times I have spoken with you.” She praised with honesty. “Is there a specific custom or etiquette that has you concerned?” she asked, “Or are you looking for more of a general overview of what is and is not acceptable among the Kindred of the Domain? It may seem like an odd question, but you answer lets me know where to begin and what to focus on.”

J
    Juan Cordoba

A gentleman's smile reflected to Daniella's compliment, "I do my best," a brief pause followed before articulating his request to the Au Pair. "I do not find it to be an odd question," he reassured her. "I believe a general overview would be the best place to begin."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread