Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(C Tears) Calling the Prince's Ghoul

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    P
    Peter Baldwin

Their downed Kindred secure, Sir Baldwin placed a telephone call to Cozette .

The Prince's Ghoul
    The Prince's Ghoul
    This Mortal Coil

After a few rings, the call connects.

"Bonsoir."

The voice is distinctly Cozette; soft, deferential, and French. In the background, the faint throb of music can be heard.

P
    Peter Baldwin

"Good evening, Ms. Muriel," Baldwin said quietly, stepping aside from the group. "This is Baldwin. I was called in by Ms. Hazelton and Mr. Galloway to assist them with the drug investigation," he said by way of introduction. After all, while the Knight met Cozette before in his arrangements with the Prince, he hadn't been at the initial meeting. "I trust you are well this evening?"

Politeness to property was always interesting. If the property was owned by one lower than oneself, it mattered, but less than one might expect. But when it was the Prince's property?

One treated it nicely.

The Prince's Ghoul
    The Prince's Ghoul
    This Mortal Coil

"An honor, les chevalier. All is well, thank you. One hopes the same can be said for yourself and your companions?"

The music gradually faded, then disappeared entirely. Either it had been turned off, or she had moved.

P
    Peter Baldwin

"Mr. Galloway and I are well, and the investigation has come a long way. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for Ms. Hazelton, or Ms. Saito," he said, heavy meaning in his words. "They are secure, but unconscious. Has Mr. Clarke provided instructions for these circumstances, or will we need to set an appointment to see him?"

The Prince's Ghoul
    The Prince's Ghoul
    This Mortal Coil

There was a long pause.

"I see. That is very unfortunate. Where are they?"

Very. Unfortunate.

P
    Peter Baldwin

That was neither the answer to the question he had asked, nor what he had expected to be asked in return.

"Is there a reason you need their location, Ms. Muriel?" he asked, curious and always security-conscious. A secure location was only secure so long as it was kept quiet, and while he trusted Asa Clarke, he did not implicitly trust his Ghouls. Human thralls were jealous creatures, and while he would like to think that keeping them alive was in Clarke's best interest, his ghoul might see things differently.

Mortals on the Blood were interesting, indeed.

The Prince's Ghoul
    The Prince's Ghoul
    This Mortal Coil

The pause was longer than the first.

"My apologies for being intrusive, les chevalier. I only endeavor to be thorough. As I have no such instructions regarding this very unexpected turn of events, I will of course relay your information, and simply hope that Mr. Clarke is forgiving of my ignorance and understanding that the attempt was made."

"May I be of any further assistance?"

9. Likes Dark Passenger liked this post
    P
    Peter Baldwin

Of course.

Baldwin nodded, though she couldn't see it. "I understand. For the moment, they are secured at the funeral home run by Dr. French. This may change if circumstances require it." He scratched at the side of his head, his lips tightening with the stress of the situation. This night had not gone anywhere close to according to plan.

"That is all, Ms. Muriel. I will look forward to hearing from you soon."

Time to go to work...

The Prince's Ghoul
    The Prince's Ghoul
    This Mortal Coil

"I see. Dr. French is well regarded, but I cannot say that I have had the pleasure of her acquaintance. I will immediately inform Mr. Clarke. Bonsoir."

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.