Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Character Concepts (Read 1st Post)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 11 of 21 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... Last

Sup magey peoples! The time has come to torment you once again! So, please take a look at my current offering and bring the full power of your scrutiny to bear! May it shine with the force of one thousand suns!

Concept: Woman in Black
    Short Bio:
    Crane came from a jingoistic family from Montana, went ROTC, Army Military Intelligence, and then served a brief stint with the CIA. Disillusioned after her service, she went "private sector", though little did she realize that this was her Grey Veil. She awakened, etc, and joined the guardians.
    Name: {Redacted}
    Shadow Name: Crane
    Path: Obrimos
    Order: GotV

Stats: Phys, Ment, Soc.
    Int: 3
    Wits: 2
    Res: 3 (+1 path)
    Str: 2
    Dex: 4
    Sta: 2
    Pres: 1
    Manip: 3
    Comp: 2

Skills:
    Computers: 3
    Investigation: 2
    Science: 2

Athletics: 1
    Firearms: 4
    Larceny: 3
    Stealth: 3

Subterfuge: 3
    Empathy: 1

Merits:
    Language: Arabic (1)
    (-6 for +2 Gnosis)

Allies: Arms Dealers 4 (20xp)
    Resources 4 (20xp)

Arcana: Forces 3, Prime 2, Matter 1
    Gnos: 3
    Wisdom: 5

2. Likes Kelreth, Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Looks okay to me

So, I've checked the Wiki and I cannot find the answer (even though I should know it), so I must ask!

Is the first dot of Order Status free?

If it is NOT free, can you still be part of an order without a dot (and still gain free High Speech)?

0 Scenes

I don't think the first Order dot's free, but I think you can be a part of an Order without the first dot, but you're not really initiated. I think you'd be more of a half member, not privy to any real Order secrets, so with that I'm assuming that you wouldn't get High Speech for free.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

Saber Sloth is spot on as far as I can remember. I'm pretty sure you do not get High Speech for free, if you aren't a member why invest that much time in you?

Fair warning though, 0 dots in an Order's status pretty much makes you a hanger-on. You aren't part of the club and no one in the club really has to accept you into it unless you put a good case forwards.

Z
    Zyl

According to our Mage Submission sheet "Requires Status 1 (Order) for High Speech Merit."

So not only must you be in an order (not an Apostate) but have a min of status one in that Order.

Thank you all very much for the answers! You are marvelous!

So very well! Goodbye Arabic! You shall be missed!

S
    Stretch

Salute All! based on the above format I will try to briefly follow suit

Concept: Lawman
    Short Bio:
    Bhhaahhb (Bob) was a young masonic member in Sacramento, he was Awakened when an Actual Abyssal came into the world. He grew up enjoying cowboy movies and decided to later become a Lawman.
    Name: Marshall Marshall
    Shadow Name Bhhaahhb
    Path: Mastigos
    Order: The Adamantine Arrow

Stats: Phys, Ment, Soc.
    Int: 2
    Wits: 2
    Res: 4 (+1 path)
    Str: 2
    Dex: 2
    Sta: 3
    Pres: 2
    Manip: 2
    Comp: 2

Skills:
    Academics 1
    Computer 1
    Crafts 2 (spec Cowboy)
    Investigation 1
    Medicine 1
    Occult 1 (spec Masonic)(rote Spec)
    Politics 3
    Science 1

Athletics: 1 spec rope tricks rote spec
    Brawl 1
    Drive 1
    Weaponry 1

Animal Ken 2
    Empathy: 1
    Expression 1
    Intimidation 1 rote Spec
    Persuasion 1
    Streetwise 1

Merits:
    Mentor 1(see exp) Sacramento County Sheriff
    Resources 4
    Status 2 Masonic Lodge

Firearms 1 3xp, Sworn Officer 2xp, Mentor +1 4xp (Mage), Sworn Officer +1 4xp, Mentor +1 6xp (Legacy Uncrowned Kings),
    Status 2 6xp Sacramento Sheriffs Department Deputy Sheriff Mounted Officer
    Status 1 2xp Mastigos, Status 1 2xp The Adamantine Arrow

Arcana: Space 3, Mind 2, Matter 1
    Gnosis: 1
    Wisdom: 7

Rotes: New Threads (Space 3), Detect Substance (Matter 1) Third eye (mind 1) Ballistic Targeting (Space 1)

0 Scenes

Look at the Silver Ladder too if you're interested in the judicial aspects of the legal system
    Some corrections: Generally we don't accept characters that were living in Sacramento at the time of their Awakening. If you want to play a local, usually the background adjustment is that they've left the city to only recently return.
    That's because FOB (fresh out of boat) characters are not allowed unless you can pre-arrange a mentorship ingame.

Assuming Phys/Int/Soc

Allocation is 5/4/3
    Str: 2, Dex: 2, Sta: 3 = 1+ 1 +2 = 4 - You forgot to allocate a point
    Int: 2, Wits: 2, Res: 4 = 1 +1 + 2 + 1 [path] = 5 - It's alright
    Pres: 2, Manip: 2, Comp: 2 1 + 1 + 1 = 3 - Alright

Skills are 11/7/4
    Mentals is at 11
    Socials is at 7
    Physicals is at 4

Specialties are mostly good, but Cowboy to craft is a bit too general, you'll probably be asked to explain what exactly that means.Rote Specialties for AAs are: Athletics, Intimidation and Medicine. However there is a merit which allows you to preselect your own specialties eventually filling the gap by picking the last ones from your own order roster. It's a 3dots merit for 3 specialties.
    nWod chargen is frontloaded, you have an incentive to rack up dots at creation and fill the blanks thereafter, rather than start with a wide allocation of skills and talents (which is why the merit Sworn Officer is a bit iffy). You want to start at least with gnosis 2, it's painful not to.
    You've picked an NPC mentor, keep in mind that you should speak with the ST first, since there are no recurring NPCs in play atm (ie: if the Sacramento County sheriff was a mage, our PCs would have known it already). Also , just in case you were wondering about joining the UK, AFAIK only PC can teach legacies ingame to out of order/out of path player characters.
    Path Status is earned ingame, that should save you 2xp, you got a total residue of 3xp.
    Keep in mind that your first submission should be vanilla, the bonus 30xp are spent after the sheet has been approved.

S
    Stretch

ahh is indeed medicine eyes jumped no matter still keeping the same specialties.

Cowboy is explained as special intrest in cowboy related items, but a general know how about jury rig fixing anything. Cowboys do alot of odd jobs.

Probably put the extra in stamina thinking Fortitude for virtue and pride for vice. My WOD sheet says 5/4/3 oh wait thats not adding the +1 so look at that as resolve 5. using the Path +1 for the 5th dot.

According the the RL website the Sacremento Sheriffs department only requires you to have insurance and a drivers licence as well as pass certain physicals to enter the Sheriffs academy. Backstory was supposed to be left for Glimpses. but in General Sheriff is an elected position, theres a new sheriff in town an NPC Mage. Marshall came along with him from another city and is a recognized mounted officer.

Sworn officer requires Firearms so first expendeture at mentor 1, then Sworn officer first oath, better mentorship, then dedication to the path for citywide Sworn officer 2 and therefore a full Deputy sheriff. So earned Mentor 3. Sheriffs can bring in their own deputies so long as they qualify. Its bought with exp so ST can guide me there and point is I am not close to the first attainment until Gnosis 3.

A far as Legacies didn't see any UK's. So cant learn that from a PC. So I made a mentor and spent the points for it. Sheriffs department is big on legacy of the department. It will be part of the Glimpse is you look at the spend I had to jump through hoops to earn the level of mentorship, take binding oaths, etc.. I will await the STs rulling

Gnosis of 1 is not necesarily FOB. I realize it might be harder, gives more ability to good roleplay and dont forget there are two types of exp. General and Arcane at Gnosis 1 I am more likely to pick up arcane exp from swimming in deep waters so to speak. Gnosis of 1 has other advantages, Lessened Nimbus for starters. Lessened Paradox for another. it's also well reflective of my general knowledge of the New world. I am used to Gnosis as a werewolf stat and Arete' as a mage, and definitely not 10 freaking spheres (Arcana)

Page 11 of 21 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread