Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Character Concepts (Read 1st Post)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 19 of 21 First ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Last
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Street, Clubs)
    Primal Urge
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Rhodes

Rhodes Scenes

Angular features, pointed ears. His jet-black hair bursts into bright red flowers and fine dark leaves about his ears forming a wreath of firey foliage that trailed just below his shoulders. Thin woody vines broached and twined across his milky-white skin, with leaves and budding flowers breaking into bloom at his cuffs.

Hedgespun coat - darkest thunderclouds, broiling and writhing, occasionally flashing as if lighting was happening on the other
    Phoenyx

Phoenyx Scenes

Nimbus: Scarlet flames rising out from her like giant sperading wings, and the sound of an eagle's screech.

HI Jake T . Always good to see new Arrow designs. One thing I will point out - as the Mage venue has no ST at the minute I don't know how much chance you'll have to flex wolverine claws outside of Player-ran plots. Just be careful that walking around with weapons is suspicious, even in the World of Darkness, so you might want to look into Status: Gun Permit for your character as well.
    Damaged Goods , we're a little thin on guardians at the moment, but a lot of characters have arrived as apostates/courtless/etc and joined Orders/clans/courts in play, so that's an option. You might also want to consider some dots in Mentor as a Guardian teacher or something like that to fold into your character, which would be useful for glimpses.
    "Why? Why? Why? WHY?"
    "Four excellent questions!"
    Martin Kreefe and Douglas Richardson, Cabin Pressure

2. Likes Damaged Goods, Ruach liked this post

So, I've been reading a lot on MtA and I think I've settled in on a Moros Mysterium member. (Shockingly original I know. )

I'm thinking that he will invest heavily in Death, Mind, and eventually need to wheel and deal to get some Spirit. His study will revolve around the interplay of the various realms of existence and gathering knowledge from across each to cross reference and categorize the various tales. He hopes to piece together the lost past by combining the various sources.

He prefers to deal with the other non-corporeal entities out of habit at this point, so he's a little socially awkward.

Thoughts and suggestions welcome!

Rythis I love this idea. We can always use more Moros and I am sure Corn would welcome another Mysterium member. My character also chose to embrace death. Eulogy is currently the Moros Councilor so your character would have access to his name and be able to contact him. Eulogy owns a little Chapel with a graveyard in the city.

Assuming that you are approved, I would be happy to help you in any way I can. I just want to give you a quick out of character heads up that I have just started a new career and I am currently strapped for time but I will make Eulogy available for your character to do an introduction if you want.
    I am like a fine cheese. Old and smelly and usually best when accompanied by wine.

Assuming that you are approved, I would be happy to help you in any way I can. I just want to give you a quick out of character heads up that I have just started a new career and I am currently strapped for time but I will make Eulogy available for your character to do an introduction if you want.
    I appreciate that! Fingers crossed I get approved.

I'm thinking that he will invest heavily in Death, Mind, and eventually need to wheel and deal to get some Spirit.
    Side note: I'm replacing Mind with Time - reviewing some of the spells and conjunctions that are available.

X

Twist Scenes

Hi, Id like to join with an Acanthus Silver Ladder mage, with a rags-to-riches eccentric country boy who needed a reality check theme. For the 3rd starting arcana its a toss-up between life and mind. Seeing as this is my first character and 3rd post on nwod, any thoughts?

Puck Scenes

Sounds neat!

If you want to post a more detailed version before submission we can vet it here. Otherwise, feel free to submit and we'll go through it together and get you in play.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

Twist

Hound, Lady Viscount, Invictus
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks •• (Alluring)
    Public Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Sand

Striking Looks •• (Curvy)

Hi, Id like to join with an Acanthus Silver Ladder mage, with a rags-to-riches eccentric country boy who needed a reality check theme. For the 3rd starting arcana its a toss-up between life and mind. Seeing as this is my first character and 3rd post on nwod, any thoughts?
    Echoing Xander - feel free to flesh out more here if you want. It sounds like you have a concept enough to throw dots on a page though.

I know that with my first mage the question more experienced players asked was why on the Order. I won't lie that I definitely struggled and it ultimately helped me understand the game better when I went back to re-read the book. So maybe make sure you have a solid "why" for Silver Ladder?

10. Likes Xander liked this post
    X

Twist Scenes

So, Id like my character to have attributes mental>physical>social and skills physical>mental>social. He will grow up in rural California on the border to Nevada, and physically be really good in shooting and athletics, while slightly worse in meelee and survival with a little stealth as well. His mental skills are very focused on just a few fields(academics and science). With the last 2 dots Im not sure whether occult is important enough to warrant a split with computer as part of the silver ladder persona. The social skills are also not completely clear either. The only real certainty there is expression and a 2-dot+specialty in subterfuge with last dot either animal ken or streetwise. Keep in mind the above is all pre-template

To come back to the main question of the previous post of why silver ladder, short answer it fit best . Longer answer: it gives my character another layer of personal conflict to balance his rule-breaking, devious and mischievous personality side with his need to feel in control by being part of a structured society to effect change. As far as I see it, silver ladder also has some similarities with the seers in that it has a sort of corporate vibe to their philosophy of ascension, and thus reflects his personality clashes and his corporate job and lifestyle. In that sense, he also has some similarities with seers in terms of ideology but ultimately is on the "good side" if such a side exists in the world of darkness.

I hope this post is not too long, and apropriate to this thread.

12. Likes Xander liked this post

Puck Scenes

Post is entirely acceptable in length! Be as long or short as you feel you need to, just keep it to a summary and not a full autobiography (You can write glimpses for that after you enter play).

Some things to bear in mind.

First remember that mage armor exists in mage. So if you want to be able to do anything in combat, you need a pool that can get a success with a base -5 penalty. I don't normally recommend min-maxxing, but just bear in mind that if you have only 2 dots in a combat skill you probably won't be able to hit anything awakened or using the spirit/ghost rules.

Second, if you're looking for a corporate vibe the Ladder isn't the only option. The Free Council has a subfaction called the T.E.L.M. Trust that focuses on rigging stocks and stacking investments to siphon financial resources from the Seers into the assembly and assembly friendly hands. If you're character is a more anti-authority type, it might make more sense to go to the FC then the Silver Ladder, who are the judges and spiritual advisors of the awakened (i.e. default authority figures). Not saying the Ladder won't fit your character, but just giving an option that some people tend to overlook if you want an anti-authority type character.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

Page 19 of 21 First ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Last
+ Reply to Thread