Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Character Concepts (Read 1st Post)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

This thread is for discussing character concepts with others; perhaps hammering out problems, or finding better fits.

This is a place to discuss:
    - concepts
    - settings
    - history
    - Clans, Paths, and Seemings
    - Kiths
    - Covenants, Courts, and Orders
    - Bloodlines, Entitlements, and Legacies
    - skills/merits/etc to validate concept

This is not a place to discuss:
    - min/maxing
    - learning to play NWOD

This also isn't the place for your short stories. A concept is just that -- a concept. It's a not a 1000 word fictional accounting/narrative of an Abduction/Awakening/Embrace. That's what Glimpses (after approval) are for. Most of your ideas will be vetted by other players and of course are still subject to final approval by the venue's Head StoryTeller when the character is submitted
    Once you're ready to submit and fill out the form, your submission can be found here:
    Main Forum > Out of Character > Character Sheets

This is where the Storyteller will post feedback and work with you on the submission, by replying to the thread.

Once the submission is approved, this will become your character sheet, where you will find your XP awards, and where you can post expenditure requests. Only you can see your sheet, but on the Storyteller can edit it. All XP expenditures or other interaction should be posted as replies to the sheet.

This should be a base submission. Your character creation XP will be added once this is approved.

Thanks!
    Last edited by West; Apr 27th, 2017 at 08:41 AM.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Because I would have to agree with at least one other forum member, I'm not a huge fan of *pop* "A wild mage appeared" type of character insertion. Not that that's not an interesting idea, but I would prefer to have some ties to Sacramento for a character before she just waltzes in.

Also I could always use some help with my current character concept; I have no issue if the idea evolves, I'm a Writer I can deal with that.

~~~~~~
    Current thoughts:

Emily Gideon "Vaeltia", a college level art student with a heart for justice, truth and a little vigilante-ism. Brought up with comics, particularly Batman to fuel her young mind with imagery of justice and the Catholic Church to guard her virtues she made her way from the sandbox on with the attitude of a protector, so long as the one in need of protection was innocent. Soon enough those she had at one point in time deemed innocent were also accused, and she was shunned.

~~~~~~

My thoughts keep pushing me towards the Obrimios path, I have the picture of Vaeltia awakening while sitting in a confessional or under a stained glass window. But I'm not sure if it fits with the background that I have started. I feel as if I need a little input before anything gets finalized.

Also if she seems interesting enough, I'm also up for plotting if/when she gets approved.

~
    Key
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

**Double post because of date difference**

I think I've refined Vaeltia a little bit, I have her still as an art student, but not necessarily as a major. I'm thinking of having her with very heavy ties to the Catholic Church. And I've gone with her father as a Cop, who had a one night stand with a girl who later became a nun. I'm pulling back a little on the Vigilantism, but I'm giving her a mind towards protecting woman, even to the point of sometimes acting like the man in a situation.

Her Vice will probably be Lust or Wrath, and her Virtue either Faith or Justice; I'm feeling more solidly towards the Arrows but the Ladder is still in my view. And I understand that technically she could fit into either one (Depending on how she is presented but I'm still feeling wishy-washy about it all).

I'm thinking she was Awakened somewhere between 17 and 19 and is somewhere between 19 and 21 now; however I'm not sure if that would be considered too young.

~~~~

I'm still open to backgrounding, seeing as I haven't gotten anything substantial down except for a name and a path. Any and all comments are welcome.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Key , I wouldn't mind batting some ideas around; it's been awhile since my Mage's Legacy (Awakening Gambit) has come up...
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Hmmm. Interesting. I'm claming this as my tenth post, and we can continue thoughts and stuff through PM; if there are any other thoughts though?

Dillon Connery
    Ixidor
    Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Potency •••••
    Protean • (Down in Elysium)
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good Looks)
    Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

Gnosis ••
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)
    Striking •• (Eccentric)
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Silver Ladder ••
    Sacramento ••

So, the concept of this Mage sprang into my mind so fully-formed that I have got to throw him at you guys. Everything up to the Mage template I'm pretty positive on, but I'm still learning the ins and outs of the MtA system, so I'd greatly appreciate any assistance/ideas/suggestions of the more experienced WoD spellslingers.

Here we go:

Adrian Isaacs is a man of great talent and intellect forever restricted by his own indulgence. He could have been a doctor of nearly anything; arts, medicine, mathematics, philosophy, theology... but instead went the direction of the Geo-Astronomer (Rock Star, lol). For his love of creativity is surpassed only by his weakness for excess. If it weren't for his Awakening, he may have already perished due to years of poisoning his own body.

As such, he's a victim of enjoying his own success, which is tempered only by his insatiable thirst for knowledge. That is the fire awakened in him. As a Willworker, he realized all that was previously unknowable in the universe is now only a possible discovery away, and he intends to learn it all.

So, among the sleepers, he operates as a musician of some fame. That he isn't A-list is probably due more to lack of motivation than ability, but it pays the bills, and gives him good flexibility in roaming around the world to study the Arcana.
    --

Alright, from a roleplaying standpoint, he is mental/social primary, with good potential hooks for crossover ("Want me for your party or event? I'm in SacTown for an extended stay "). Not that I will avoid conflict or combat, he just may be reduced to the comic relief for such scenes. I'm totally cool with that.

My first instinct is Acanthus Silver Ladder. Acanthus due mostly to its stereotype's alignment with Adrian's personality, but the Arcana of Fate seems pretty appropriate. Kinda sad about Forces as the Inferior, but I don't see him needing to master it, anyway. Silver Ladder is attractive because of the social Rote Specialties; Adrian has the potential to lead and inspire, whether he sees it or not.

So, thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? Anyone actually wanna see this guy?

Dillon Connery
    Ixidor
    Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Potency •••••
    Protean • (Down in Elysium)
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good Looks)
    Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

Gnosis ••
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)
    Striking •• (Eccentric)
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Silver Ladder ••
    Sacramento ••

Obrimos was my second pick, actually. However Moros is looking more and more attractive. A Necromancer would seem to fit the overly-tattooed, jewelry-laden, substance-abusing rock personality pretty well, wouldn't it?

I'm still pretty confident about my choice of Silver Ladder, though. The Rote Specialties were just kind of icing on the cake. But, the Mysterium could possibly work, as their three philosophies in the Core book line up with Adrian just as well as the attitudes of the Ladder.

So! I have a mage idea! It probably needs a lot of work so I'm counting on you, wonderful community, to help! Mainly I am needing to work on my Destiny and it's Bane. You can find some info in the Background. Let me know what you think!

Stats

Background

Puck Scenes

Three things strike me first.

One, have you considered the Embarrassing Secret flaw? Criminal background and a history of mental illness can be an issue for the sleepers to deal with, more so if any cop toons come back.

Two, you might want to start with a lower Wisdom then 7. While she might have found clarity after, this stuff is kinda mind blowing.

Third, have you checked the wiki for established backgrounds? Chicago and New Orleans have established backgrounds.

Finally your bane. Think about what you would want the penalty applied to that would make sense. Maybe she's destined to save the Concilium from madness, but is also destined to fall to it herself. As a result she takes the bane penalty to mind altering substances and powers. Just a thought there. A thought at 2 am.

Okay four things...
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

Excellent points, except perhaps point three! The Embarrassing Secret Flaw would be ideal (and probably required).

As for point two, I thought it would be interesting to explore the whole wisdom replacing morality scale. Originally Avis was low morality with many derangements but the Awakening to the Truth of the world was potent enough to wipe the slate clean! Or at least that was my idea.

As for point three, I did see the Wiki, that's why I chose those cities. Didn't think I infringed on them too much, but correct me if I'm wrong (the cult wasn't supposed to be a huge thing, just one of the many things the guardians/arrows probably took care of).

As for point four, I like your idea! Could I do something like say her bane is "The Moon" (as in the tarot card)? Which, according to wikipedia deals with "illuminating our animal nature, types of which are represented below—the dog, the wolf, and that which comes up out of the deeps, the nameless and hideous tendency which is lower even than the savage beast." So maybe Thyrsus (ouch) or actual animals, or, potentially, the mind affecting powers and substances would trigger the bane.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread