Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Character Concepts (Read 1st Post)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 18 of 21 First ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Last

Twist Scenes

Equipment: Can I my character use matter to erase permanently the markings of his pistol? If yes, do I need to buy it as a magic item? I understand that in-game that would require some serious craft rolls once you soften the gun to do it with a big chance to harm the weapon. But then, you can repair it with matter and start again.
    I will totally find something cool to put here - eventually.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

You can roll to your heart's content (and possibly consequences) in Glimpses.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

3. Likes Ruach, , Fedup liked this post

Twist Scenes

You can roll to your heart's content (and possibly consequences) in Glimpses.
    O_O
    Really? That's awesome to know. I know we're not supposed to suggest stuff before we're months in the site, but I would take the liberty to suggest this to be added in the character creation PM I was sent when I joined, that after approval, XP, normal equipment and all, we can roll to our heart's content in the Glimpses.

Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra

If you look up Glimpse on the Wiki, it will outline them. And listed under 'Rules' it speaks of Glimpses and what they are used for.

6. Likes Ruach, liked this post

Twist Scenes

A few days ago, I read in one of the pages that I now can't find (I sincerely apologize, the material is extensive) that in order to have access to something, you need to have it in your equipment. My question is, during character question, how I would mark something as in "This is in my character's hallow" / "this can be found in the trunk of his car" / "this can be found in his pockets"?
    For example, I was thinking that my character would have a pistol, but he doesn't walk around with a pistol, he has it at his home. There's duct tape in his car but usually not in his pockets. Perhaps (haven't decided yet) he has a can of pepper spray in the glove compartment of his car. etc.

- Should I mention these as "in the car" or "in the sanctum" during character creation? Or simply mention them in the equipment request?

Specific equipment questions now:
    1) A basic alarm system, nothing spectacular, just the usual annoying Eowww-Eowwww-Eowwww alarm for my character's apartment should be considered "Sanctum security"? It doesn't raise durability or lock difficulty.
    2) Are mages aware of the properties of a Kilrian Camera? I.e. that Kirlian photography actually works? I don't want one such camera as it seems expensive but I would like to know what my character knows about it and since I am asking about equipment, this seems the place to ask. If this is not the place to ask for this, I apologize.

Jennifer Hazelton

I want to clarify that I have no authority in mage character creation. Yet part of your submission is including equipment that your resources cover. For my hacker character, I included equipment like computer and equipment that makes hacking easier. This is part of character submission.
    For your ' this is where this is', a glimpse could be made setting up. I made a glimpse setting up a spot for my character to study and detailed what she was studying and what was present, for example.
    That can be posted in submission. If it's in your equipment, you have it. You don't need to constantly update where it is. When you join a scene, the ST might say " post equipment". This is what your character has brought to the scene and has access to.

1-Have you read the resources section in world of darkness rule book? 2- searched for Kirlian in the books? It likely would cover it.

9. Likes Fedup, , Ruach, Sanityawol liked this post

Twist Scenes

Thank you. Most helpful. However, I don't have Armory. Also, since it is a book for Hunters/mortals, I doubt it would cover what Mages are aware of.

I am pondering an Obrimos Adamantine Arrow. A sort of one-half Wolverine one-half samurai monster hunter type concept. Probably heavy into prime and life, magical gun of some kind. Anything to be aware of with that?

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Hi,

I was thinking of playing a character interested in protecting Magic from Mages with some very real personal demons.

I would like to understand if it would be common practice to induce a character in an order during roleplay - in this case the guardians of the veil.

I read the no fresh of the boat rule so the character would probably be an apostate (who knows about Mage society) that had a change of heart and is running through the grey veil when it had to change city, ending up in Sacramento - probably even as part of joining the GotV and their machinations.

I also realise this requires the GotV currently established players being OK with this and wanting to put the effort in this - I also know I'm new so there is risk that all of this is just a waste of time for some of you and you probably get this a lot...

With that said, anyone up for it? We can talk.

Thank you

Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

I am pondering an Obrimos Adamantine Arrow. A sort of one-half Wolverine one-half samurai monster hunter type concept. Probably heavy into prime and life, magical gun of some kind. Anything to be aware of with that?
    Should be okay! One thing you should know, my mage may have given katana wielding a bad name...sorry!

(DiD) Deals in Darkness (nwod.org)

Page 18 of 21 First ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Last
+ Reply to Thread