Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Over at the comic shop...

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

"Miss Sage!" Edwin grinned, still holding the comic in his hand as he turned to address her. It was always weird calling people by their title but last thing he needed was to be pulled up on his manners. At her question, he chuckled, a husky sound that reverberated in his chest. "I really have no clue. I was looking for ideas for a fast approaching costume party to do with superheroes and villains, when all I know are movies that have been released. Gotta say though," Edwin stated as he looked down at the comic before him, flicking through some of the pages, "this Nightwing guy seems pretty cool."

Closing the book and placing it back on the shelf, Edwin looked back to the alluring keeper. "How about yourself? Keeping well, I hope?"
    Scenes

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Pepper looked up from her crouch with a

"Several, yeah. I do tend to follow a lot of the Gotham associated ones. Always been a huge fan of Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain, but recently Marvel's been winning me over with what they've done to make Carol Danvers Captain Marvel and giving her old moniker to Kamala Khan. Kamala especially is a lot of fun to read, but the Captain Marvel runs are super quotable. I've been finding myself branching out into Image comics too. They've got some great runs with Saga, Rat Queens, and right now I'm looking for the first issue of Death Vigil."

3. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha blinks. Wide eyed and impressed. She trembles with glee as she realizes she's in the presence of an expert and, better yet, an expert eager to share knowledge.

"Goodness me!" she exclaims in a very British, very excited, manner, "...Rat Queens...Death Vigil?" she asks, seeking information.

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

She laughs when he said he had no clue. “Don’t feel bad,” she says with a reassuring smile, then leans in slightly, “I sorta have no clue either, learning as I am going. Though I do hope the costume party serves to be a fun time, unlike our previous parties.”

Her eyes look down to the comic in his hands, “He certainly has a great costume!” she exclaimed with a nod. “Which would make for a fun evening.” What she exactly she meant by it, she didn’t say.

She shifts her graphic novels and comics to her other hand, “Doing quite well! I’m also looking for costume ideas. There are so many interesting and great heros and villains!” she said with a grin. "Though secretly,” she says, lowering her voice, “I am kinda wondering if I can get away with using a character from a video game.” Did that mean the Au Pair played video games?!
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

No. Fucking. Way...

"Please, are you wishing to confess to being a video game addict, Miss Sage?" Edwin grinned, leaning forward conspiratorially. "Because, if so, then that makes two of us." Laughing, he threw the Keeper a wink, obviously trying to be as friendly as possible. "Hel, to be honest, if that was the case, I'd throw on some denim dungarees, a red sweater and a bushy mustache, and go eat a glade of mushrooms."

Although, he would definitely look better in green.

He placed the comic book back on the shelf, still smiling. "Although, there are some awesome characters from the Mass Effect series. I reckon you would make an impressive Grunt," Edwin said, deadpan. Obviously, the grin was ever present.
    Scenes

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper nodded, and, spotting some copies of Death Vigil, picked two up before giving a quick glance around for an issue of Rat Queens - no immediat luck on that, so she stood. "Death Vigil is by a... Romanian? Croatian? Artist who's name I couldn't say if I tried, but it's had a fair bit of buzz online. It only just released the first issue, so now's the time!" As for how to explain it.... "Death Vigil has a fair bit of mythos to it, but basically, dead people and animals become the Vigil sometimes, and they use their un-dead powers to fight eldritch abominations from beyond. Which is, uh, well, it's a pretty shoddy explanation from what I've heard." She offered one to the tiny englishwomen with a smile, and leaned against the shelves.

"As for Rat Queens... it follows the adventures of the eponymous all-female band of mercenaries in a Dungeons and Dragons like world - or Tolkien I guess, DnD derives from Tolkien anyway - wrecking shit and killing problems."

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

The smile widens into a grin, and her cheeks flushed slightly, “Well, I wouldn’t say I was an addict per say. But I do enjoy playing video games every now and again when time allows. I found it can be a great way to let off a little steam or stress.” She admitted.

She laughs at his description of Mario, “Ah, that was a great game! And to be honest, still is. There is an idea! If you could get enough people together, you could all dress up as the classic Mario Bros crew.” That would certainly be a sight at Court. Then again, Kindred cosplaying would prove for a fun night.

At his comment about her making an impressive Grunt, she smirks. It took her a few seconds to recall which character it was.

Playing along, “Not sure I have the height to back it up.” She said, bringing a delicate finger to her lip as she pondered, eying Edwin. Then a coy smile appears, “In all fairness, and taking into account your coloring, you could make an impressive Nariko. And come on, who wouldn’t want to walk around with such awesome swords?!” she played, clearly joking, and adds in a wink of her own.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Martha Villiers

PRE

Pepper was talking and supplying lots of information...a lot! Martha, always eager to listen to an expert, watched attentively and with a grateful smile, accepted the chance to look through a copy of Death Vigil.

Nodding as she studied the art. She couldn't decide if it had a retro-90's feel by design but she could see there was real skill in the draftsmanship, even if she found the overall panel layout a little busy.

"Eldritch abomination? This is remarkable!" As Pepper relaxed and explained Rat Queens Martha blinked, actually gasping as Pepper explored Rat Queens; "That...that sounds incredible! Is...it well received? Is it self-aware in a Post-Modernist sense...or are the Rat Queens operating in a state of Post-Modern innocence?" she asks, clearly fascinated.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper raised an eyebrow at those terms. Martha was very book literate, and clearly knew how to discuss them. That would help... "Post-mordern awareness is very evident in the method of the story telling, but no, the characters aren't Deadpool, they don't address the audience directly, or talk about their medium. What is there is a lot of taking apart the most prolific storytelling devices associated with that kind of fantasy, but rather than leaving them in pure shambles, reconstructs them and shows why they work, and are really very tried and true." She paused there, scanning the shelves again - there had to be an issue somewhere - and oh, uh...

"I'm not handing you issue 6 though. So many spoilers. But the story plays freely with deconstruction and reconstructing the kinds of things that would happen in Dungeons and Dragons games, for the most part. It's excellent, but deals with a lot of violence. Definitely would not be okayed under the Hayes code."

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Edwin laughed. Out loud. It was a hearty, pleasing sound where even his husky tone seeped into. He'd never thought he would find a trip to the comic shop so much fun.

Maybe being a geek was cool. Thug-geek? Is that such a thang?

"Awesome swords? Then you have to be talking about Cloud or Sephiroth! Hel, I'll even take a gunblade that was the focus in Final Fantasy Eight!"

Even if that character was two-dimensional, a gunblade was pretty epic.

"However, as much as I'd love to go as Mario and Princess Peach," he grinned, "I'm not too sure they are counted as superheroes. I may have to do some more research. What would you recommend, Miss Sage?"
    Scenes

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread