Ended
Watch

(Sacramento Noir) The A-Team

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    P
    Peter Baldwin

Sir Baldwin was seated at the head of the table in the appointed Meeting Room at Nox. Before him were three manila folders. Each contained a set of the information that he had put together. Documents, pictures, receipts - everything that Spinoza had managed to put together in copy form for his new potential team members. He had called in the Domain's new Harpy, Velma Star , and Aileen MacFarlane. He did not know Ms. MacFarlane, but if the Seneschal trusted her, then Baldwin would at least give her a chance to demonstrate the traits which had generated such faith from Villiers.

How a business investigation had become the territory of a Knight of the Thorned Wreath was beyond him, but even Kindred needed to adapt to survive. Enemies were no longer faced on open battlefields. No, they were fought in boardrooms and back alleys, with weapons varying from a computer to a pen to a knife.

This is why, for the plan to come together, he needed the right people. This would be a start.

The Nosferatu awaited the ladies patiently, his fingers folded into a latticework before him on the polished table.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

()Wink Spent
    PRE

Velma was already at the Nox starting to sort things in her new office… being the Harpy meant she had a nifty office just for her in the Elysium underground, which also meant she had to spend some time buying furniture for it as well.

She actually enjoyed it.

At the appointed time the Succubus moved to the appointed meeting room. She couldn’t help but smirk when she saw Peter seating across the table… too much time in the company of Invictus and I might start to give importance to stuff like seating at the head of a table.

”Sir Baldwin, I’m so happy to see you! I was hoping to have spoken with you on a previous occasion… but things have truly been hectic for me lately.” There was a hint of an apologetic tone to her voice, she was sure Peter would understand what it meant.

Then the songstress went ahead and suggested.
    ”After we finish this maybe we will find time for us both...”
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

3. Likes Cayce liked this post
    P
    Peter Baldwin

Baldwin rose as the Harpy entered, giving her a polite bow. It wasn't as low as he would have for the Prince or the Seneschal, but Star had risen. The appropriate respect would be afforded. "Madame Harpy," Sir Baldwin said pleasantly, remaining on his feet. "It is good to see you as well. I read the Proclamation - congratulations on your new appointment!"

Her suggestion that maybe they find time to chat later? "I am always just a Call away." He offered her a polite smile. It was, as always, twisted with tension and looming violence as the Menace insidiously oozed through his very being, but offered it was nonetheless. The Knight took up a thick file, making to hand it to her. "May I offer you a file? There are a lot of materials, but I think you'll find what I've interrupted you with tonight very interesting."

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Aïleen wasn't used to getting called upon for anything, and had been extremely puzzled by the nature of the letter she had received. A business clique ? And the Grand Wyrm would have vouched for her ?

Again, her own low self-esteem made her doubt her capabilities, but she couldn't let her actions, or inaction, stain Ms Villiers's reputation. The Shadow felt complied to at least attend, and offer any help she could. Perhaps it would even be enough...

Walking into the Nox, she traced the familiar path that lead to Elysium, and didn't even have to think to reach the appointed meeting room. She had chosen a very simple black dress, and on her back was her laptop, complete with a secured web access, and a notepad for show.

"Good evening. I am Aïleen McFarlane." she started with toward the two Invictus Kindred that were attending, giving each a small curtsy. They were perhaps a little bit longer than expected, but it never hurt to show respect, and it also gave her time to rue in Sobek, who wanted to leap forward and jaw the weaklings's heads off.

"Is this the meeting about the business expansion ?" she asked, though Ms Star's presence already made it clear it was so.

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

”Thank you Sir Baldwin.” there is a gentle nod at the man’s recognition, her fellow first estate member seemed to have nothing to add for now to whatever had been left unsaid in the Reeve’s office.

Velma reaches for the file and then sits at Baldwyn’s right hand. Not like anyone is actually noticing where people sit, right?

She opens it and her eyes move over the first few words until the inconspicuous shadow comes in. Aileen McFarlane, was it today she would hear the women’s voice for the second time in so many time.

“Miss McFarlane, good evening.” Velma smiles apparently amused with something. Her eyes seem to have noticed something funny.

”You are in the right place. Sir Baldwyn, I think, is about to brief us on the mission in hands and his findings.”

"I trust you have met Sir Baldwyn? Knight of the Thorned Wreath?" Velma waits a moment to look to Peter. "And this is Miss McFarlane who I've met in my first official court here in Sacramento..." She says, introducing both to one another.
    Velma Star*

P
    Peter Baldwin

Baldwin nodded back to the Harpy. They had had their differences that one Court, but ultimately, Baldwin was smart enough to know what was going on there. Daeva shit. Shit he didn't need to concern himself with. Saito was a big girl. If she needed help, she'd ask for it. As far as he was concerned, what had happened had happened and that was that. Star's value to the Domain had been proven by the Prince's appointment of her as His Harpy.

Now, the pair of them would be tested in the crucible of danger to the Domain's interests. As she sat down at his right hand, the Knight handed over the file and placed the other aside for MacFarlane. He'd sat at the head of the table for one simple reason - this was his operation. The Order had discovered it, and until the situation had proven not to be a threat to the interests of the First Estate, he would investigate it with all due diligence.

He wondered if she would prove herself as adept in the field as she had in Elysium. Undoubtedly, if Villiers was inclined to recommend her, then she had to have value, right?

The menacing Haunt turned as the unobtrusive Mekhet glided in, barely noticing her until she spoke. Velma Star simply took up that much attention with her very being. He turned to face her and nodded as she asked if she was in the right place. "Thank you, Madame Harpy. Good evening, Ms. McFarlane. It's a pleasure to meet you. Please, join us. There is much to discuss tonight. May I offer you a folder with the necessary materials?"

It was thick. There was a lot to go through.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Aïleen shook her head in denegation as the Harpy introduced Sir Baldwyn, and barely hid a puzzled hook. Knight of the Thorned Wreath ? Sounded like some important rank in the Invictus, probably.... she wasn't about to ask to the menacing Haunt without a reason, though. With a quick word of thanks to the Daeva, she greeted the Nosferatu with another nod and a "How do you do ?". Better safe than sorry.

She then silently took the folder handed by Baldwyn, and noticed its thickness. She alas doubted he would have made informatic files of it... it would be the old way, then.

"Thank you. Should we start reading in earnest, or do you intend to give us a brief outline first, please ?" she asked very politely.

PRE

It took Josephine some time to find the meeting room. Not the Nox itself, of course, that would have been ridiculous, but she had never stepped through the threshold of the building before, let alone tread into its bowels where the court lay and thus it took her a few moments longer to appear. The urge to delay just a few moments longer and familiarize herself with the building wasn't insubstantial, but she had taken enough of a vacation from the investigation at present. The time had come to uncover just what sort of shadows were creeping into Sacramento, and the first order of business was to connect with the other Damned seeking those same answers so she made her way to the meeting.

A pale, dead hand knocked softly at the door to the meeting room before Josephine opened the portal and stepped inside, her entrance briefly interrupting Baldwin's reply. A night black pant suit covered her form, enhancing the stark quality of her ermine white flesh and the severity of her expression. Similarly black eyes stared at the Damned in the room, acknowledging their condemned souls with a flat, reptilian stare that flickered with hatred. After a moment, that stare softened, and she spoke.

"Good evening, ladies. Good evening, Mr. Baldwin. I will be joining you all for the discussion of the Khan Affair, this evening. I am Josephine, for those that I have not had the pleasure of meeting yet." She glided around the table and took an empty seat, carefully placing a leather satchel upon the table. A notebook was produced, as were several fountain pens. "Would anyone care for a writing instrument?"

11. Likes Yumyumcrow, Wod.Infant liked this post

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Velma reclined a bit in her chair, trying to find the most comfortable position to rest while the inevitable never-ending retell of details and past events would unfold, but it didn’t. Not before they were interrupted.

Someone new, the Daeva’s beast protested, the woman’s eyes widened for a moment… she would tear her open and rip her heart…no no no, not now, not today. Such things were better accomplished in the privacy of one’s haven when the victim was already staked. It was easier to think of what she could accomplish with this new piece in her board... yes, focus.

Velma opted to return the compliment.

”Good evening Miss Josephine.” First name basis, now here is something that would make Daniella Sage irate.

The thought of it actually made the songstress smile.

”I believe Sir Baldwin was about to start to explain.” She informed. Let someone else do the presentations, she had already done her part to those who had arrived on time…
    Velma Star*

13. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    C
    Cross

I have not forgotten this thread - am working up a briefing post that is somewhat lengthy. Will have it out tomorrow.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.