Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Ack: Ashley Cohen

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Katsuro Tomori

The Nox Populi was, for tonight anyway quiet. Court was not being held, no gatherings were to be had. As the Icarian walked down through the star signs and into the meeting room he normally used he smiled and inhaled the scent of bluebells. He had been keeping them here for clan meetings and the like, something to spruce up the place. He now knew the flowers had a deeper meaning than even he had realized. Constance. A good trait for any Ventrue, but one that was dearest to his family line in particular.

He looked at his clock, and took a seat. He still had some time before Ashley Cohen was to arrive and that meant he had time to work on other things. Pulling his briefcase out he began writing something down on a few sheets of paper, and going through a business binder of some sort.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    (Fashionable / Piercing Blue Eyes)
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

[ri]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bVGJCpa9dW8/UtbXZxfnUtI/AAAAAAAAJsg/vWj5yJ_N5RM/s800/Avril_Lavigne_Brazil.jpg[/ri]A light knock upon the door of the meeting room signaled Ashley's arrival. As her eyes landed upon her cousin, her mind plunged into the clutches of her beast. It tinted her thoughts with a driving desire to control and subvert the lesser predator. Ashley could not shake the feeling, but she would be damned if she would let it control her.

"Good evening, Priscus Galloway." Ashley said sweetly with a added curtsy for a measure of respect.

"I greatly appreciate your time this evening." She paused in the threshold, waiting the be invited in.
    "Don't be pretentious, I am the truth."

Social Combat
    WP ••••• | Dominance Modifier ••••• | Guile •• | Nerve [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Katsuro Tomori

August looks up, the strong will of Icarius' blood being thrown against the beast that writhes in his cage. He's still not got all his willpower back though, and it takes a moment before he stands and beckons his Family in. Still though, his face seemed all smiles, save for his eyes that look weary. Tired.

"Ah, Miss Cohen, do come in! Please, have a seat." he offers with a wave of his hand and then waits for her to sit before he retakes his own seat at the head of the table.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley gives a gracious nod and moves to settle into the seat. Her eyes remain fixed upon her cousin as she tries to gauge him while showing a friendly smile. "Thank you kindly." Her eyes momentarily drift down to the paperwork and binder, before rising back to him. "How strangely do we diminish a thing as soon as we try to express it in words."

"All the same, thank you for taking time to see me."

"We can plunge to the heart of the matter, if you are pressed for time..."

"Or, if you are free, we can converse over a myriad of subjects."

Social Combat

Katsuro Tomori

"I generally enjoy a bit of small talk before getting down to business. Context is key and you can't have the right kind without knowing someone at least a little." he said slowly in that southern drawl of his.

As Ashley looks to the paperwork on the desk, it seems to be a map though the key itself isn't readily apparent. There's 5 numbers marked, but the Priscus shuffles them around and puts them away as he notices her eyes drifting. "Just a bit of busy work, never enough time in the night so I try and not allow myself much downtime."

"You mentioned you were abroad? Tell me a little about that, I'm a native of Georgia m'self. I don't hear nearly enough news from outside the Domain of Sacramento." Galloway said pleasantly in a conversational tone.

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley smiles softly, pleased that the formal affair was going to take on a hint of intrigue. "The District of Columbia mostly." She leans forward in her chair as her hands come to rest upon the table.

"Georgia you say? I have passed through Atlanta in the past." Ashley glances up as she tries to recall exactly when, it felt like a flicker of a moment with the amount of nights she has seen pass. Much like her time in Sacramento, though it had the benefit of being more recent. She ceased the needless recollection, leaning back in the chair. "It was lovely. I found the people enjoyable."

Social Combat

Katsuro Tomori

August nodded appreciatively of the compliment to his home state.

"Indeed, Southern Hospitality, can't do better." his tone was equally appreciative. "Atlanta's nice, but I prefer Savannah my self. Big enough to hunt, small enough to be quaint and pleasant. Plus the beach is close by..." he said waxing nostalgic.

"And what brings you back to Sacramento? I'm a bit of a busy body, always looking for ways to help the Family. The more I know the more I can try and work my connections to the Families favor. For instance I'm helping a cousin of ours set up a security firm currently that will be in the employ of the Clan." The Diplomat was quite upfront about offering help, genuine even.

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

A smile slowly permeates her lips. "I can say I regret never having the pleasure of being able to visit Savanah. My leave from Sacramento was only a temporary vacation. With that said and done I returned." Ashley cared little to talk about the Movement, as her agenda was squarely aligned with August on family. She just had to take care in its introduction.

"I take it that we still keep the teachings of the sanguine voice within the safety of family?"

Social Combat

Katsuro Tomori

"If you ever venture out that way, let me know. I can give you the best places to find a bite." he gave a playful grin, before moving onto the more serious notions of the Voice.

"I have been enforcing such, yes. Exceptions can be made, but I ask all my cousins to run it by me first to make sure it's a move that's in our best interests." August noted she was guiding the conversation toward official talk once more.

"How can I best help you get caught up with current events in your absence Miss Cohen? Where do your interests lie?"

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley nods at the offer of Hospitality and also finds the new Priscus' stance issue exchange of knowledge a bit relieving.

"Well..." Ashley clasped her hands together. "I am able to teach resistance to the sanguine voice to our family..." She tilts her head to the side. "Or at least the family members you approve of..."

"I am sure the Priscus from other families take similar stances, for fear that the their powers would be turned against them. Yet they may be more inclined if they think they are getting equal leverage." She felt little need to tell the implication it imposed if they removed that fear from the Lords by giving them resistance. It would always tilt exchanges in favor of the Lords...

Social Combat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread