Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
A Day in the Life

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

It was just another afternoon at the community center. Asp lead her class as she had been for weeks, but one student in particular had been off since the start. Though he had been attending for weeks, he had never really struggled with the movements like the others. Every student had a learning curve, they watched, they fucked up, they learned, they got better, and then they finally got this shit right.

This kid had no learning curve.

He watched Asp's every move, then mirrored it with perfect grace. He was built like a toothpick, yet held his ground with a grace and speed the others couldn't touch. It was almost unbelievable. Except tonight made it perfectly believable. Tonight the lights of willworking danced before Asp's Supernal Vision as the student made his moves. If this had been the case before it was cloaked pretty damn well, and it might've been the case given his abilities themselves didn't seem to change. The kid seemed proud of himself, more so then ever.

Through the lesson he maintained a smug smile, which he maintained afterwards as the other students began to go home for the night. He lingered, he went to the bathroom 3 times, got a drink twice, checked his phone a few times, then finally they were alone.

The student
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

A
    Asp

Asp smiled at the student who lingered after class, recalling the comforting weight of her baton resting on her hip, precisely where it belonged at the end of a lesson. "Good work today, Jonathon," she said to the young man, who undoubtedly had been hiding certain things from her. She chuckled, giving him an appraising as she folded up one of the mats.

After all, he'd stayed to speak with her. She peered at him, the twinkle of spellwork there to be seen. She held off on investigating him just yet. It wouldn't do to scrutinize him right away - she could look later if that became necessary. Asp had the distinct sense that he wanted to be seen. A signal, as it were.

"So, what's up?"

Now that she saw the spellwork, it made perfect sense. If he wasn't Honed or augmented in some way, she wasn't an Obrimos.

spellwork

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thanks!" The kid gave Asp a nod. He knew he was good, that's why he was the one here tonight."I just wanted to talk for a bit."

Slowly he turned, and his feet began to progress slowly into the building. "So you've been doing this for a while huh? Teaching women and kids self defense?"

A
    Asp

"For a few years, yep. It's a good cause, I think," she said. Since she was about sixteen, actually. She cocked her head a little bit to the side, curious. "What brought you to this class, of all the options? It's for beginners. There's gotta be more advanced ones for you to take." Asp smiled.

"Unless it was me you came to see. Where you from, Jonathan?"

She was always a little suspicious. It was part of what kept her alive.

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Cool." He smiled and nodded, though stopped when he noticed Asp wasn't following. "Yeah, not many classes I need to take still. This was more reconnaissance."

The kid gave a head bob down the hallway before looking over to a pair of windows on the opposite walls, indicating more clearly the kids desire to find somewhere else to talk. "Oh, and I'm from the same place as you I hear. Y'know, someplace Sharp." The emphasis widened his grin ever so slightly.

A
    Asp

"Yeah, I figured," she said with a chuckle at the whole class thing. Her eyes tracked down the hallway, to the windows - yeah, okay, there were probably better places to talk.

And when he told Asp where he was from? She smiled broadly. Another from Sin City? Awesome.

"Well then! Welcome to Sacramento." Her mentor. He was like a second father to her. "There's an office just down the way. Good and quiet. Wanna sit down?" It was the rec office. She was the only one running a class at this time of the day. It'd do, especially with a quick bit of Forces to cover their words.

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thanks, and definitely." Jon continues his smile "Lead the way."

A wide gesture and step to the side give Asp the lead to the office. "So have you ever done much with katas and yoga?" Small talk on the way, but important to him at least.

A
    Asp

"Sure," Asp said in reply to his question as she led the way to the office. It wasn't far at all. Not a big community center, that one. "Yoga's good for a lot of stuff. Flexibility. Strength. And of course, it's peaceful. I enjoy it. Katas, for practicing form, muscle memory and technique." She opened the door for him and let him in. "'sec, gonna make it so we can talk..." It was a brief warning so he wouldn't be surprised by the spellcasting that came next, a little cantrip keeping their conversation between them.

"There we go," she said with a nod. They were clear to speak. "Make yourself at home."

There were even a couple of comfy-looking office chairs.

Influence Sound active
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-25 01:23:56 Asp rolls 4 to Influence Sound (10 Again) 5, 4, 8, 7 1 success

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jon walks into the office and moves towards one of the seats. Before Asp says anything else he was already making his way towards one of the chairs. He starts to spin around to sit, and as he does the layer of willworking dissipates. Muscles bulge forth and fill what used to be fairly baggy clothing, and by the time Jonathon was in the seat it looked like an entirely different person was sitting in front of her.

"So here's the shtick." He wasn't really waiting for the change to register. "It's my understanding that Sacramento is fairly fucked. The physical abilities of the Perfected Adepts can help alleviate that to some degree, but I'm here to make sure you can do more then just beat people up. If you are interested in joining our legacy, I will instruct you in our traditions and beliefs, and in exchange you will be stationed here in Sacramento to initiate others into the legacy and grow our numbers if and when you can find interested parties."

A pause and he leans back in his chair. "So Aspen, are you in fact interested?"

A
    Asp

Asp grinned. So that was it. He had degraded his form. Very clever bit of disguise-work, that. He didn't wait for the change to register, and Asp didn't need him to; when people bulked up before you, you tended to pay attention to what was going on. Especially when it came to talk about something that very, very much interested her.

Her mentor, Sharp, had been a Perfected Adept. His philosophy, his Legacy, it was always of interest to her. And now, this Mage was here to test her.

"You bet," she said with a firm, certain nod as she looked him straight in the eye. "It'd be a pleasure."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread