It was a beautiful afternoon in Sacramento, and Faye had decided to take full advantage of it. She wandered around the city, no real place in mind, just letting her feet and Fate guide her.

There were a few locations that caught her eye as a great place for a show, and she makes notes on her cell phone. Nothing too elaborate, name of the location, businesses nearby whom she may need to contact and general size.

But as she rounded a corner, she found herself coming to a complete stop. In front of her was a used car dealership, no biggie. But it was the car that stopped her. And not any car…HER car…her dream car! A 2006 Pontiac GTO, red with tinted windows and lights!

“No way!”
she muttered to herself as she felt her feet moving her in the direction of the car. When she reached it, her hand reached out to gently touch the smooth hood. While the hood hot beneath her fingers, a shiver of excitement ran through her. A quick glance in the window showed it had the six-speed Tremec T56 manual transmission. Perfect!

“Hello there!” a deep male voice called from behind her. Turning, she spotted a salesman approaching her, waving.

Smiling, “Hi yourself.” She said with a wave of her own, one hand still on the car. Though once she remembered the hot hood, she quickly removed her hand. “Lets talk about me driving home with this.” She replied.

A huge smile spread across his face, “Well now, nice to see a woman who knows what she wants.” His voice oozed charm. “Nice little car isn’t she? Got her in a couple days ago.” He said, sizing her up, probably wondering if she could actually afford it. He motions to the building, “Why don’t you follow me inside and we can talk prices.”

She followed him, knowing she could afford the payments on the car. Any racing tickets she might acquire would be a different story, but that was for later. “I’ve had my eye on one of those for some time.” She responded as the icy breath of the air conditioner hit her face. It was a welcome relief from the heat of the sun.

She spent about an hour haggling with the salesman who was hell bent on making it a better deal for himself. It was all worth it when Faye found herself shifting the car into first and smiling as she felt the force from the four hundred horse power engine.

Oh yeah, life was good! Now, to find a mechanic to help get some more horse power from the engine.