Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
51 - 60
DISPLAYED
Adam Chen & Macgrueder Scene 5

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 6 of 7 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

"Plenty," Jo responded quietly as she remembered that she was, in fact, 'Jenkins'. She sighed a little as she worked on cutting her pants into cut-offs. A rifle, huh? She was still a better shot with a pistol, but... not at that distance. Fine.

"Things that spark, things that go boom, things that create smoke clouds, things that shoot out a variety of colours..." she listed off, managing to get rid of the lower halves of each pant leg. Shoot. Seeing that leg entirely uncovered it... wasn't looking so good. "Firecrackers... not much that's gonna cause harm unless you're an idiot and holding onto it when it goes off, but plenty of things that can be rigged for distraction purposes. I can take the van back a bit and set up a few of these to go off on a trigger, if you'd like, so if you have need of a distraction elsewhere, I can make that happen..."

Focus, Jo. Be useful, here. Her own voice lecturing her while her body ached as it did was only furthering her state of displeasure with herself. Maybe she shouldn't have come along? It wasn't like she'd come expecting things to head to battle, but...

Her gaze settled on the floor for a moment as she tried to fight through her self-doubt. She was here. That was the point. She was here, there was nothing she could do about that, even if the instructions she was given felt a little more like Alistair was trying to get her out of the way so that she wouldn't be a hinderance than anything...

Not bothering to wait on Sam, she moved to gather a dufflebag from the back of the van, setting it down in a slightly more accessible place. "... be careful with them. They still, technically, go boom... and could cause the user harm if not used properly," she warned. "They're not grenades, but... some of them function similarly, just... not quite so lethal. They're meant more for special effects than anything... I was just developing a couple others to, coincidentally, drive off dogs..."

Once the bag was out, she sought out the disinfectant and gauze from her medical kit. She managed to disinfect it easily enough, though she bit hard at her lip before she set the gauze in place and attempted to bandage the wound. First the gauze slipped out of place, leaving her to fumble a bit to try and gather the gauze back up, then she managed to twist the bandaging around her wrists while trying to put it around her leg, and the whole attempt was really just a rather pathetic mess.

It wasn't like she knew how to do this stuff. Seriously. She was really good, generally speaking, at not getting hurt... but right now she did hurt. Her hands were shaking. She was working hard on staying focused, staying useful to the group... they didn't have time to fuss with her bandages, she needed to do it herself, Alistair was in a pointed hurry. She'd be fine. She'd handle her part on her own, out of the way.

Failure to Bandage
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-03 19:43:26 Jodie Hollins rolls 1 to Bandage Self (Dex-3 for untrained medicine, +1 for medical kit) (10 Again) 5 failure
    Former Player of:
    Zodiac Sinead Lovekin Jodie Hollins

Tal
    Tal

Tal sighed inwardly. She'd been looking forward to getting to use a rifle on a hunt, but apparently it would just be her and the knife again. Well, and a gas bomb. That could make things interesting.

"I've handled things like this before," she said, nodding to Jodie. "Don't worry. And don't worry about my leg. Some disinfectant and a bandage will be fine. The most pressing issue is getting to Diane. If she's in the Gulag, I think that's all we need to no about. That and who might be showing up there."
    Tal, Soldier, Union, Presence 3 (Steady), Status 2 (Concealed Carry)

Jennifer Hazelton

As Jodie works on her leg, she notices that the blood begins to flow more freely for a moment. After she disinfects, the blood begins to flow off down her leg. As it does so, something inexplicable happens. The liquid forms a word down the side of her leg under her injury.

The word is 'Get out'. Sam and Tal, near enough to accept things from Jodie, can get a good look at this phenomenon.

ST roll

"You need to beware of D'Angelo, Deputy and the Sheriff. As for the Gulag - I don't know much about it." MacGrueder shrugs at Alistair. "The lone man was probably D'angelo. I never see the Deputy or the Sheriff alone. Where were they going? Straight or away from us at sort of a slope?"

"I was extorted to help with transportation and to facilitate with the buyers. I don't like seeing the girls and I don't like whats done to them."

His mouth twists.
    "The worst... the worst of all of this horror happens at the Gulag. That's where D'angelo keeps the girls and he's in charge of the Gulag. It would be that way..."

Macgrueder turns and points at the road that you had driven in on. "About sixteen yards back give or take is a dirt road. You go down that road and it leads you really deep into the woods around here. There is a concrete building there and thats your Gulag. No one can hear them scream out there. I know that there is a dirt path that runs here to there, but I've never found it. I know the dogs run it; and I stay off of it."

His mouth twisted into another disgusted grimace.

"The dogs... have been going off for awhile. They seemed like obediant, good dogs when I first got here. Then about four years ago, they got more and more creepy. Seems like..."
    His voice takes on a more slow cadence, some sort of suspicion in his eyes.

" ... like it was about the time that D'angelo took over everything around here. As for the cold, thats happened a few times. Normally around the hotel room 6 - or the Gulug.. or D'angelo's farm house."

He states quite clearly.

"I don't know where D'angelo's farm house is. I've made a great point to stay the hell away from that son of a bitch. Something is wrong with him. I'd stay the fuck away from him and that damned house if you can. Or call in ten or more of your buddies before you go near."

Cayce Cross Justin Djinn

With all the fuss she'd been having, it was a calm stare that occurred as she looked to her leg, before finally looking at the others. She was done being shocked. How much more shocked could she really get? First the ghost in the mirror, then the freaky dogs, and now this...?

"... you're trying to warn me, aren't you? You aren't threatening me, you're warning me..." she finally inquired, as she watched the letters on her leg, reaching to her phone to take a quick picture of the words. Maybe there was something more. Maybe something else had been caught. "... about this... Gulag? About Diane? They did something to you there, didn't they?"

Maybe she'd gone into shock. Or maybe it was a moment in which she felt entirely clear-thinking. Entirely rational. She didn't know, and in that instance she didn't care, either. The answer to their questions... maybe it really was actually right here. "... is it me you're trying to warn? Just me? Or specifically me, for some reason?" she inquired of the entity, as though it could, perhaps, hear her. Maybe, then, it could answer her.

She didn't know a damned thing about ghosts beyond random shit she'd heard on the media, and random crazy things about ouiji boards and that ilk. What she did know was that some weird shit happened with her phone, there was a voice on the breeze, and... now her blood was talking to her. At this point? Go with the flow. There was little else she could do... especially because if whatever this entity was had targetted her in specific, she didn't really know if going off on her own was the best idea. Of course, she also didn't know if hanging around would be a good idea. She was being warned, and now she was hurt pretty bad.

esux - totally unphased
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-04 01:17:00 Jodie Hollins rolls 9 to Don't Freak Out (Res+Comp+Indom) (10 Again) 8, 1, 6, 10, 3, 10, 8, 5, 4, 10, 10, 1, 8 7 successes
    Former Player of:
    Zodiac Sinead Lovekin Jodie Hollins

Tal
    Tal

"It's marking you," Tal said, grabbing extra gauze from the med kit. She crouched down next to Jodie and started wiping the blood of her leg, or as best as she could. After what Macgrueder had said, about the barn and the Gulag, about them trafficking women. Now that infernal cold, those fucking dogs, and the strange voices was starting to make sense.

"It's a dybbuk," she explained, looking up so her sunglass clad gaze was meeting Jodie's eyes. "It's the left over life energy of someone who's dead, and it's bent towards one final task. I'm guessing it's one of their victims," she continued, transferring her gaze to Macgrueder, her mouth twisting into a frown. "Honestly, I don't care what that task is. We have our own to deal with. We get Diane and we put the people that took her down. Just like those dogs. The dybbuk will probably try and get in the way of that, and I think it likes you a bit too much."
    Tal, Soldier, Union, Presence 3 (Steady), Status 2 (Concealed Carry)

Jennifer Hazelton

There is no reply from the dybbuk as Jodie and Tal converse. There is a moment of utter silence, of watching the vapors of their breath rise. Then the cold chill lifts and the pressing heat of the noon day sun reasserts itself. The cell stands in the gravel parking lot, surrounded by the corpses of three guard dogs. Jodie's leg and the puncture in her side continue to bleed. Having made his statement, McGrueder waits patiently by Alistair for a moment. Then he starts to look at the corpses of the dogs, drifting away to crouch by them.

"Have a wheelbarrow around back." He mutters. "...can move them to the woods..."

The area remains very quiet. The occasional chirp of a bird sounds. There's no sound of a vehicle. If Alistair is still trying to use his binoculars, he notes that the car is making good time. Soon, he will lose it completely.

Djinn Cayce Cross Justin

C
    Cross

"Looks like they're going away at sort of a curve," Alistair answered. "Where does that lead? It sounds like we need to get away from here and hit the Gulag in quick order. If she's there, we might be able to head this off and get it taken care of. Let's get the dogs tossed and get moving..."

He considered Tal's words, at Jodie's words and frowned. "He's mine, that's what I heard. 'D'Angelo's mine.' A dybbuk who is claiming him adds something to the mix. Let's stay on target. If you have any solutions, let me know."

Strangely enough, he didn't think it weird that Jodie was talking to thin air. No, little about this mission was going to surprise him where spirits were involved. He moved to help MacGreuder clean up. The heat came back, the cold banished -- had the dybbuk been satisfied? "Harris, give us a hand, would you?"

Justin - where are you?

Jennifer Hazelton

Has any one made a medical roll for helping Jodie with her two wounds? I'm going to need to see the roll posted ASAP

"They're headed back to one of thier homes." Macgrueder replies to Alistair. "That road hooks into a little side route and the mobile home park where the guys and I live. The psychopath has a house somewhere out there, but I haven't been to it. Real dense woods out there."

The man goes and fetches a wheel barrow. He heaves the heavy dogs into it and crates it off, unceremoniously dumping them off in the woods behind the treeline. Blood, entrails and fragments of bone and other gore litter the ground and floor of the room that Jodie had been standing in. The gravel is deeply stained with pools of blood. The signs of violence are clear for any sighted person. Macgrueder moves out of sight into the woods, tossing the bodies. He is studying the dirt path that leads off to the Gulag, leaving the cell alone for a moment.

The room at the end of the motel suddenly creaks open.
    "The hell are you doing out here?" Mr. Walker bellows. He holds a .45 in his hand. Upon seeing Alistair, he clicks the safety back on.
    "You all O.K., agent?" The older man ambles out on the porch. Upon seeing the blood and entrails on the gravel, he mutters a prayer to the Lord above for protection.

Where do we go from here?

Djinn Tal Alistair Smith Justin

J
    Justin

Sam nods to Walker as he moves to help Alistair clean up. Lacking combat experience and medical know-how, he was at a bit of a loss of what to do--this was a far cry from libraries and clubs.

"We'll have to deal with him one way or another," Sam added to the conversation with Macgrueder. "I say we get to the house, find our girl, and then burn the place to the ground." Sam's mouth twisted with distaste at the state of affairs.

The idea that a human being could be responsible for all of this...makes me wonder if I'm not fighting the right kind of monster to begin with.

C
    Cross

Alistair nodded in acknowledgment of MacGreuder's point. "Let's get these dogs away and hit the Gulag quick, then, before they can get organized."

As the old man came out, the Englishman had an idea. None of them were medical, but perhaps an old handiman might know a thing or two about first aid. "Mr. Walker, you happen to know any first aid? Got a couple of wounded from these dogs that could use a quick tending to, if you do." He nodded over at the ladies.

Page 6 of 7 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last