Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Adam Chen & Macgrueder Scene 5

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

The dog lunges forward. For one terrifying second, it leaps forward, its powerful hunches launching it near Jodie's face. You have one horrifying unwanted thought of what those blood stained teeth could do to Jodie's face. To her exposed throat. The dog had been transformed from an average gaurd dog into a Cujo in highest form, a single minded killing machine.
    Why? Did some wonder. Why would a guard dog ignore it's master's command? Wouldn't a normal dog flee after being attacked? Would it go into shock and become subdued?

There was no quit in this dog. It's paws connect roughly on Jodie's stomache, it's teeth crunch down on the reinforced fabric of her clothing. Sharp pain registers from her side as the dog seizes a good biting hold on her left side. It growls menancingly, worrying her jacket in his fangs. Left and right it whips it's head. Fabric rips and the dog falls away, clutches of Jodie's fabric in it's mouth. The dog loses it's balance and stumbles, laying on it's side. Now you can see the raw flesh and mashed muscle. The aftermath of bullets. The dog pants heavily, it's breath rising.

The gravel parking lot was quickly deterioriating. Blood and flesh was spilled across the ground, the dead dogs were sprawled where they had fallen. The smell of metal - hot lead- hung like smoke in the air. Always the ever present cold pressed in on all sides, chilling flesh and making extremities chilled. The dog's warm breath makes a puff of vapor that blasts against Jodies leg. The copper scent of blood and the stench of decay was beginning to cloud the area. You can't imagine what the sound of Jodie's older gun was being taken for in the previously quiet rest stop in the middle of nowhere. Somewhere in the distance, dogs bark. Far enough away not to be a present threat, you feel reasonably certain of that.

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-01 14:13:51 Hunter Storyteller rolls 6 to Biting Jodie (10 Again) 9, 7, 1, 9, 5, 4 2 successes
    Justin

J
    Justin

Sam grits his teeth as he sees the remaining dog tear into Jodie. Hoping that he's not too late to actually help, he pulls his knife from its sheath in his waistband.

Lacking the Quick Draw Merit, that's actually all Sam is capable of doing this turn.

Jennifer Hazelton

Chen bites his lip nervously as he stares at the attacking dog. He tries again to command the dog, snapping.
    "Heel! Heel!"
    With an authoritative tone. The dog ignores him. Chen unbuttons his red manager shirt, wrapping it around his fist. He wades in closer to Jodie, keeping clear of Tal and Alistair's line of fire. As he moves forward, the dog's eyes slowly close. Chen frowns and pauses for a minute, studying the animal. The chest rises and falls slowly, but the blood pooling beneath it's body has grown considerably in the last few moments.

"I think that it's gone into shock." Chen states, his voice strong and steady. He unwraps the shirt from around his hand and crouches next to Jodie. The dog's blood stains the knees of his dark pants, but he studies her leg. Chen ignores the dying blood for a moment and frowns at Jodie's wound. Puncture marks are bleeding freely.

"Here." He presses his shirt to the wound, wrapping the tail around and tying it securely. The pressure causes Jodie some discomfort.

"Hows the side?" He turns and glances to Tal questioningly. "You got bitten too?"
    Chen frowns.

"The Sheriff and Deputy were in earshot of us when I had them on the phone."

Combat rounds are OVER. Jodie has 4 lethal - 1 bite on leg, one on left side. Tal has 1 lethal - bite to her bad leg.

Cross Djinn Cayce Justin

C
    Cross

Alistair frowned, stepping forward and firing a killing shot into the hound's head. "Well, ladies and gentlemen, we won't have long. David? Jenkins? How are you two doing?" Apparently, Jenkins was Jodie's new name. She needed one. He reloaded, then tucked his weapons away and pulled up the binoculars to his eyes, scanning down the road each way - first, following after Cole and his buddy, then the other way. Nightvision went first, then thermal. He needed to find where the Sheriff and Deputy were. If those four had hooked up... "If those two run into the Sheriff on the way in, then we may find ourselves with a very hot welcome indeed."

A pertinent question popped into his head. "What the hell was going on with those dogs?"

esux to use binoculars to see whats coming
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-02 01:46:04 Alistair rolls 6 to Perception + 1 with goggles (10 Again) 5, 9, 3, 8, 10, 4, 10, 10, 4 5 successes

Leaning back against the wall with a quick inhalation of breath that proved she was not, in fact, 'okay,' Jodie gave Chen an appreciative look. "Th... thanks," she stated quietly, her gun tucking away before her hand moved to her side. Shit. That was... a lot of...

If she'd been in any other frame of mind, she might've flipped Alistair the bird at his name-choice. He could take his Leroy Jenkins shinanigans and shove them right up his ass. But she was in pain. A fair bit of pain. "I have... some medical supplies in my van," she stated quietly, starting to fish her keys out of her pocket with her non-bloodied hand. "I'll just... get this wrapped up. I'll be good to go."

... after popping some serious painkillers. Shit. Was she going to need stitches? Man, she hated the hospital... maybe it wasn't as bad as it felt. Maybe she was overreacting. It was fine... just fine. Her keys in hand, she made her way to her van and unlocked the back to slip in, though the moment she tried to lift her arms to pull her shirt up and off, it was clear to her that she was not, in fact, just fine. "F... fuuuuck..."

So... shirt wasn't coming off that way. Nope.
    Former Player of:
    Zodiac Sinead Lovekin Jodie Hollins

J
    Justin

Sam followed Jodie back to her van, and grimaced when he saw the pain she was in.

"I may not know my way around a medical kit, but I can use a pair of scissors." He shook his head. "There's no way you're doing this by yourself."

Sam turned back to the others. "Hey, David, you handy with first aid at all?"

Tal
    Tal

Tal swore in hebrew and patted at her leg with her free hand, checking to see just bad it was. There was blood, and pain, but her leg had seen far worse, as had her arm. Dog bites weren't anything to be taken lightly, but after the grinding stone of a golem's jaws she wasn't so worried about her leg. Not that she wouldn't get shots once they got back to town, but rabies and infection didn't kill overnight. Well, not faster than bullets from a crooked sheriff would kill her. She wiped her knife clean on the blanket and then sheathed it before looking to the others.

"Don't worry about me," she said, limping past the two men to retrieve her pistol. She cleared the chamber, checked the safety, and then tucked it back into her waistband before limping over to check on Jodie. Not that she could do much.

"It's been a long time since I did field aid. I never liked it much, so I let it sleep. Obviously was a bad idea."
    Tal, Soldier, Union, Presence 3 (Steady), Status 2 (Concealed Carry)

Jennifer Hazelton

As Alistair searched the area, he saw two things of interest. Two rapidly fading forms were rocketing away from him. He could constantly monitor them with some effort, but it seems the road was curving away from the long strip that could be seen without binnoculars. Some sort of interference in the scenery was keeping the organic orange shapes from being clearly defined. Yet Alistair knew with some certainty that the two forms were well on thier way far away from here. The second thing he saw was two quick moving, jerky orange warm shapes. From his experience with the dogs, he now knew these to be more canines. Following the canines back, revealed a standing man just ahead of the car. The sitting forms paused and there were some quick movements. Then the five forms resumed thier exodus of the newly formed dog graveyard.

"You should go lock up the office. Get your weapon." Macgrueder suggests to Chen.
    "Yeah. What should I do if they call - "
    "Ignore them. You've been on the clock for ten hours." Macgrueder shakes his head. "Vick and Cole saw armed people with us, too. Look on the bright side. Maybe they think you're dead."

"Fantastic." Chen mutters. He stares at the dead corpses. "What are we going to do about that? Blood is every where. Clean up would take some time."
    Macgrueder shrugs. He rubs his arms, frowning. "I'm more concerned about that cold snap at twelve in the afternoon. Chen, stop bitchin'. Go take care of the office. You got a med kit there?"

"No." Chen sounds miserable. "We used it up last spring and never got around to replacing it. You know the Sheriff took anything useful from the rooms."

"Right. That bastard." Macgrueder sighs.

Chen walks away from the group, walking into the office. The light shuts off and the blinds are drawn shut. The flickering 'Vacancy' sign is extinguished. Chen leaves the scene.

Macgrueder walks closer to Alistair.
    "Where are going to, now?"
    Cross Cayce Djinn Justin

"You aren't gonna be able to uh... cut through what's beneath the shirt," she gave a weak smile to Sam, but pulled the medical kit out from under a seat, carefully fishing around to find a pair of fabric scissors before carefully cutting open the shirt.

Man. That sucked. She'd kinda liked that shirt. Setting the scissors aside, she took a deep breath before looking to Sam again. "Can you... help me unfasten the jacket and remove it? Promise, I won't get all weird about it. Or um. Maybe I can cut the pants into... cut-offs first..." She sighed heavily, "and we can bandage that? ... son of a...

"Tal? Um, can you come here a sec? Remember those things I told you about? You have any affinity for that kind of thing? I can give you a basic rundown on how to use some of them, and send you off with a couple..."

Her brows furrowed, her expression clearly showing her displeasure. "I'm... I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be very useful on the ground in this state. I have a set of walkie-talkies, but they're not very subtle... If... if you'd like, I can take point back a bit further. I'm a fair shot with a pistol, but even at a bit of a distance it's... gonna be challenging. I could take a few pictures and keep an eye out for that other thing... and watch your backs..."

Why couldn't she help, properly? "We can get your leg bandaged up, too. I've got some gauze and disinfectant in this pack... but I'm not much good for medical stuff, either." She absolutely hated feeling useless. Even still, she did pull one thing from her bag and held it carefully, looking to Sam before handing it over. At least... she could use a gun.

"Take this. Use it as a last resort if you need to," she explained, "it's essentially a gas bomb. I've been working on it for a while, but... make sure you cover your mouth before you toss it. It'll create a big billow of smoke that'll be hard to see through, but it'll be worse to try and smell anything or breathe. Escape tools, you know... You just need to pull on this tab here," she pointed, "it'll make a clicking noise, and you'll want to toss it down pretty quickly. It'll make three clicks in total before it releases the smoke."
    Former Player of:
    Zodiac Sinead Lovekin Jodie Hollins

C
    Cross

"This area is clear. Those two fellows driving off stopped when they came across one other and two more dogs, then continued on. Any idea who that might be, Mr. MacGreuder? Also, can anybody explain to me what is with the cold snap and what was up with those dogs?" Alistair frowned. He just didn't have the occult knowledge to figure it out.

Time for new assignments. Time for some serious leadership. "All right, folks. We've got a mission to accomplish and a life to save, so let's get to it. Here's the plan. Jenkins, you drive and stay under good cover. Please set up on the rifle somewhere and cover us once we're at our next destination. David, Harris, you're with me. MacGreuder, you and Chen should stick with us as well." He looked to the fella who had joined them. "Tell me everything you know about their operation, please. This Gulag. D'angelo. The Sheriff. Everything. Where the others live. Where they frequent. I need to know the full picture."

He looked to the injured women, hoping they were all right. "You got anymore handy stuff in there, Jenkins? Rifle's in the back."

2 sux - Leadership! Let's get this done, folks! Focus through the pain!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-03 19:19:12 Alistair rolls 9 to Leadership (Rally the Troops) (Man+Per+SL) (10 Again) 4, 2, 2, 7, 8, 3, 4, 9, 5 2 successes

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last