Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Under Control) A Wolf, a Flower, and a Wasp

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jun 23, 2014 : (Under Control) Photography Critique
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    C
    Casitive

It was some journey. Aaren had to get some gas on the way from 2046 and while she paid for her twenty-dollars worth, she also picked up a two canisters of mace. Of course, they only had two and Aaren thought Coco might need a couple of more. The bored 20 something at the register didn't give a crap and with bleary eyes punched in the codes on the register.

Then, Aaren decided to go to Wal-Mart. Now, usually, she despised Wal-Mart. It reminded her of some Gentry's wet-dream with its high, white ceilings, disposable clothes, and goods that catered to its lowest common denominator. All the while basically enslaving its employees. But for the hour, it was open and it had more canisters of mace.

So, Aaren bought a couple of canisters of Mace.

… and a Snicker's Bar ...and an Iced-Coffee.

The Candy & Drink Placement at registers works, what can Aaren say?

By the time she arrived at Nox with her goods stowed away in her purse and her mask hardened, it was maybe an hour or two after the phone call. The Fairest headed for the Bar, probably the best vantage point anyway to see where the Wasp was. At the very least, Nox was a great place to try to harvest some much needed glamour.

-1G Mask Harden

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

Aaren didn't have to look far. The wasp was sitting near the bar, trying to chat with a few 20-somethings and sipping on a large, purple drink with a lime wheel balanced on the rim. By the time Aaren was able to weave her way over to the table, the 20-somethings were already drifting ambivalently towards the dance floor. Maybe it was something she'd said, or maybe it had something to do with the way Coco was dressed: it looked like she'd just come from the gym, an outfit which clearly didn't match the elegant gentlemen's cane that the Wasp was impatiently tapping against the floor while she watched the group move away. Her faceted eyes continued casting about until they alighted on the art dealer coming towards her and she excitedly waved Aaren over.

"Ms. Eloi! So glad you made it! Here, let this enchant your palette!" Coco said, handing her beverage to the other woman. "It's to die for."
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

C
    Casitive

At the sight of the Wasp, Aaren brightens. Her small odyssey to acquire as many mace canisters as she could was complete and the fruits of her labor lived temporarily in her bag. Kissing the air on either side of the Wasp's cheeks, the Fairest took the drink, “Thank you, you have no idea how much this was needed.” A sip and a note of appreciation sings through Aaren's features.

With no time to change, Aaren was still dressed in her work attire: a breezy linen pant-suit.

Gone was the high-style she usually reserves for events but neither was she in the club wear standard for the Nox.

I have come bearing presents,” Aaren says looking pointedly to her bag under her arm. “Sorry it all took so long, the Citgo only had so many.

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Presents? Really?! Oh, I'm so excited to see!" Coco squealed, clapping her hands in delight. Oh, the fun they would have together. An army of blind spies would be left in their wake!

Well, perhaps not, but is was an amusing thought!

"Well, just because you were so considerate, bringing presents like you did, I'll buy you a drink if you'd like. That one is called a purple rain! Surprisingly good, isn't it? I also tasted something called a pink passion! Silly, I know, but it was very good! Would you like one? Trust me, something alcoholic will be necessary once I tell you my news," she explained, growing suddenly serious, her expression now a study in gravity, the polar opposite of her earlier carefree address. Cocktails, of course, were not something to joke about. And neither were spies.
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

5. Likes Matamune liked this post
    C
    Casitive

A smile blossoms when Coco offers another drink. “Pink Passion? I've heard sillier. Once, I had a drink called 'fuzzy navel.'” Aaren shoots a look to Coco as though sharing a joke, “I mean, really, I'd think a fuzzy navel would be disgusting.” Another sip of Purple Rain and the Fairest sets the glass back down on the bar.

Snapping to attention at the mention of Coco's 'news,' Aaren's features wash with a pensive cast. “Sounds about as grave as a broken promise,” the Guilded Lady of Spring notes. “Are we waiting for anyone else? Should we find a more private location? I could arrange something here.” By now some of the wait-staff were recognizing the art-dealer from Nox's opening night and were inching ever so closer.

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Coco's Mien

Mantle:

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Very erudite of you to ask that. We are waiting for a third member, as it were" Coco replied with a considering look. "A Miss Grey? Are you familiar with her? I think she's quite delightful, in a kind of repressed way. Or maybe the adjective I'm thinking of is suppressed. Hmm. Well, either way, she can be somewhat snappish. It was quite the bother, just getting her here. You, of course, were lovely! Coming so soon, and bringing gifts! But she just refused to try and understand that I was trying to give a clandestine message."

The wasp gave an annoyed sigh and picked up the purple rain, taking an enthusiastic sip. "Goodness. I would even get another drink, if I hadn't already had one. Ah well. And it probably would be a good idea to get a more private place to talk, to finally answer your second question. There is a table upstairs that we could use if necessary, but I'd rather be able to fill you and Miss Grey in with a minimum of double talk. I'm truly sorry for having to ask another favor from you, but I suppose it can't be avoided. Why don't you tell me what drink you'd like, and I can take care of that for you in the meantime?"

8. Likes West liked this post
    G
    Greebs

The music spilling from the club certainly got Mal's blood pumping.

Well, it gave her a thumping head-ache. Was that the same thing?

She stood just inside the doors, causing a minor traffic jam as sensory overload just... wrecked her shit. Totally.

It was only the flow of human traffic coming up from behind stopping it from blasting her right back out the doors.

With the twin disadvantages of her lack of height, and half the club's inhabitants wearing shoes with heels that measured in the inches (what? Was walking while drunk insufficiently challenging for these lunatics?) trying to find Coco would be like trying to find a needle in a stack of needles.

If someone had stacked needles in a psychedelic light show, with terrible music, turned up far too loud, with far too many drunken, scantily clad jackasses that reeked of stale sweat, staler alcohol, vomit and just faintly of desperation...

She really could grow to hate that Wasp.

C
    Casitive

Aaren shares Coco's considering look when the Wasp reveals that they were, in fact, waiting for a third. “Mal? I can't say that I know her well, but I do remember that she has quite an arm.” Especially, when throwing red-party cups at Marcus' head. “However,” Aaren says conspiratorially with the Spring Wasp in response to how much of a bother it was “I am somehow not surprised.

I'd like,” Aaren murmurs glancing behind her at the bar, “something colorful.

Separating from the bar, Aaren wanders off to find someone useful to offer the art-dealer a private booth somewhere.

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Coco's Mien

Mantle:

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Mmm. Pink Passion it is, then!" Coco said to the open club once Aaren had disappeared off to find them a place to talk. The drink was wonderfully neon colored. Maybe Aaren would even let her have a taste. How lovely would that be? Brightened by the thought she popped out of her chair and went bopping over to wave down a bartender. Sure, they hated that, but the drink was for a very important person, as far as the Wasp was concerned.

Thankfully for Mal, the Claviger's excited waving and bright hair easily draws the eye now that she's not seated.

Miach

PRE

Back at home, Miach had wondered what to bring exactly as hobby gear, and it had nagged him all the way to the Nox. But when you get called by the leader of the Guardian, you're probably better off thinking twice about your next move. Still, she had invited him to someplace public, somewhere trendy, and the Acanthus couldn't realistically attend with a kevlar vest. Much to his chagrin.

In the end, he had chosen somewhat formal clothes, and he had brought his full medical kit, including his silver stethoscope. One never knew.

As soon as he stood in front of the Nox, old habits kicked in quickly, and the tall blonde man easily managed to get in. Once inside, the tall Medstar started looking around, hoping to notice before being noticed. As he wandered through the place, he watched people enjoying themselves, having a nice time with friends, carefree. How much he wished he could be carefree again ? But it wasn't likely to change soon, not until he had met with Ariadne , at least.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 3

You do not have permission to view the list of names.