Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
51 - 57
DISPLAYED
Harvesters Scene Three Diane's Car

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6

Tal
    Tal

As soon as Tal heard the door open behind her she calmly said, "get inside. Close the door after me." Her eyes never left the dogs. Those were what Al had seen with his binoculars, and he'd seen a lot of them. They were dangerous animals. It would be good to have a few inches of wood between her their slavering maws. Tal took a step back and then awkwardly turned, trying to keep the tension off her knee, and limped into the room, trying not to hurry. A heartfelt sight accompanied the sound of the door closing behind her. She let Jodie look through the room, and the call the phone, occupying herself by trying to stealthily peak out the blinds and catch sight of the dogs.

After a while she let the blinds drop from her fingers and turned to Jodie. "We have two problems. One: there's dogs. Mean looking beasts. Two: there's a man on a phone. I think he might be calling the police, or maybe calling for friends. Problem one will stay a problem. Problem Two will make things difficult but it might also simplify things. Did you find anything? I'm going to call the boys and warn them in a second."
    Tal, Soldier, Union, Presence 3 (Steady), Status 2 (Concealed Carry)

"Not much of interest, aside from how weirdly clean this place is," Jo responded with a shake of her head. "Diane's phone was tucked into the back of the toilet, but aside from our missed calls, there's nothing since she texted us earlier," the woman sighed. "Well, and some texts from a 'Jamie,'" she added, opening them to investigate. That first... then she'd check Diane's phone's images... given what she'd seen in the one picture she'd received, who knew what else the woman might have captured?

The thought of what she might see, however, made her feel sick to her stomach. She didn't want to look, even though she knew she ought to. And so the pictures were what she opened immediately after checking the texts. "Dogs?" Jo inquired after a moment, looking up thoughtfully. "How big are they?" her brain immediately went to one thing, even as she did her best to shut that thought out of her head. No, if it was that kind of dog... Surely Tal would have said something more clear about them.

"Well, the dogs we have a barrier for... maybe locking the door might be a plan, though? Just in case? Unless you wanna leave it unlatched until the boys get here," she added, her brows furrowing as she turned her gaze back to the phone. "Anyway, people out in the middle of no where having dogs isn't all that uncommon, but I dunno what to tell you about the guy on the phone..."
    Former Player of:
    Zodiac Sinead Lovekin Jodie Hollins

Tal
    Tal

"From what Alistair said, they must have a kennel of dogs inside that restaurant. Which is illegal, I'm sure. I can only see two of them right now, and they're big. Pit dogs, I think. They look very unfriendly," she added, going back to the window and taking another peek outside. "Lock the door if you want. Might as well. And Jamie was at the barbeque, by the way. Just in case you don't remember."

She sighed. Nothing about this situation was good. If only Diane had caravaned with them. Really, what was she thinking, doing deals alone in places this remote? Hopefully it would only end up being a 'learning experience' for her.

"Ok. I'm going to call the boys and let them know."

Should I open a Hunter Comms thread?

Jennifer Hazelton

Hunter Comms thread is a great idea
    Tal Djinn

Was checking Diane's phone an invasion of privacy? Perhaps. Yet surely the situation called upon knowing every thing that Diane had seen before she 'went missing'. Jamie's texts were spaced close together - all had occurred twenty minutes ago, about ten minutes after Diane's arrival at the motel.
    • Text #1 Diane, ??? did you go early? are you going by yourself? Not what we agreed! :(
    • Text #2 You could at least let us know that you're OK. Getting worried about you. Did you meet others OK?
    • Text #3 Whats going on?!? You OK? Call me!!!

Diane's phone was cleaned out fairly regularly. There was a picture of a dark haired Mexican girl and a smiling blonde - both wearing SDSU cheerleaders outfits - mugging for the camera. The blonde girl did look faintly familiar. There was a picture of the blonde girl and an older woman smiling into the camera. There were three pictures taken today
    1. The photo that the cell had recieved earlier of Diane holding a cellophane wrapped sandwich taken in front of the motel
    2. A photo of a Sheriff's truck - brand new F 150 with Sheriff's decal - blocking Diane's car in the motel parking lot
    3. A blurry, out of focus picture of three men standing in front of Diane's motel room door.The angle is from the window and looks choppy and poor. One of the men is large and in a tan law enforcement uniform.

Tal
    Tal

After a brief conversation on the phone Tal hung up, slipped the phone back into her pocket, and then pulled the gun out of her waistband. "Alistair has got a lead on who's responsible for all this. It's several people, and he can fill you in on the details soon. Right now, one of them is coming, and we need to meet back up outside and go talk to him. I'm assuming it's the man with the dogs. If you have anything to get ready, do it now," she explained, walking over to the bed. She set the gun down on the nightstand and then threw the blanket down and started unrolling it and then re-folding it into a rectangle.

"I'll try and stay a bit behind you. That way I'm not the focus of attention. Al should be taking point, but help him if you can. I'll make sure we stay safe." The blanket was suitably re-folded by the time she finished. She picked up her gun, chambered a round, and then picked up the blanket and draped it over the gun arm. Her left arm then joined it's twin under the blanket, so her arms were crossed in front of her and the blanket lay over them both, it's edge falling to about her knees. It would look odd, of course, but the gun would be hidden and easily accessible. Admittedly, it wasn't a great idea, but it was all she could think of.

That done she walked over by the door and looked to Jodie. "I'll be right behind you."

"I don't think I met anyone by the name of Jamie," she responded with a shake of her head. Of course, she hadn't exactly gotten a lot of names during that rather disasterous first meeting with the gathering.

"Tal, I don't think I feel very good about this," Jo bit at her lip as she opened up the third picture on Diane's phone to show to her. "If this is the 'cop' that Diane was talking about in her text, I don't think she had much time between this moment and whatever happened to her. If they're approaching here, I'm not much for talking the talk." Pulling out the gun and clip that Diane had stashed in her car, Jo loaded the weapon carefully before tucking it carefully into the top of her pants, using the loose shirt to conceal its presence.

Listening to Tal's plan, she frowned a little bit to herself before shaking her head. "If I were going to prep anything it would have been more usefully done outside, or in such a way as to fortify this room." Pulling something out of her bag, though, she tossed it lightly up and down for a moment. "What I can do is set this out between Diane's car and my van... it'll spark a little bit, but mostly it'll just let off a bunch of smoke. Might provide an okay screen, but I don't know if we have time for me to set that up," she frowned a little more, before rubbing at her head. "Did he give us any idea of how long?"
    Former Player of:
    Zodiac Sinead Lovekin Jodie Hollins

Tal
    Tal

"I'm sorry. Our time is up. Like I said, don't have fear. We'll all be there," Tal said, trying to comfort the woman. If her arms had been free she would have laid a hand on Jodies shoulder, but for now all she could do was give a slight smile and a motion to the door...

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
Closed Thread