Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Here There Be Monsters

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

Kristen swears and her eyes look longingly at the IPAD, but she continues to drive. The speed climbs to 75.

"It could mean that. The custody for the child is very intense. Helene, can you do me a favor? Call 555- 1038 (our partner on site) and ask him for what's going on? I can't message him and drive. Seconds are precious here. Perhaps she's about to be kidnapped. Or killed."

Kristen's expression is tense and she drives aggressively, but not dangerous.
    "We're still three minutes out, if he asks."

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene gives Kristen a funny look, then pulls out her phone, unlocking it and dialing the number. She holds it up to her ear and waits through the ringing. If someone answers, she says "Hello, this is Helene. I'm working with Kristen, she's here next to me, and we're wondering what's going on."

Jennifer Hazelton

There the sound of rustling as the phone is jostled.

"Kristen - damn it. Tell Kristen two of them came in a van-" *Rustling noises* "-has a gun. Can't you remotely lock the doors? She didn't answer my phone call." The man swears and the jostling intensifies.

Kristen passes a minivan and takes an exit, the van climbing out into the isolated area of Lakeside.
    "Two minutes." Kristen assures. "He has to keep her safe for two minutes."
    Kristen looks forward, driving up a slightly sloping road.

"You weren't hired for anything like this, so when we get there, you place the cameras like normal. If you see any signs of foul play, hide in the van."

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene listens to the call and nods at Kristen. She speaks to the man on the other end. "She says you just need to hold out for two minutes or so." She turns to Kristen, covering the speaker. "He was wondering if you could remotely lock the doors or something. Do you guys have that set up in your vans?"

She nods as Kristen tells her what to do. "Sounds...less dangerous than whatever else you're doing. Hey, does this happen often in the pharmaceutical industry? If so, you people are a lot more badass than I'd expected." She tries to keep her voice cheery, but there's an obvious undertone of fear and suspicion of what's going on.

Jennifer Hazelton

"Get in the back. Here, take that." Kristen points at the IPAD held to the dash with the sand gps dashboard holder. "Its our comms device. Swipe and code 5771 to unlock the IPAD. To unlock the computer, enter '3639' and it will load. The house will already be up. Lock her doors and arm her security system. Tell him what you think he should do. You're getting the real time info, no time to relay it to me. Protect Cassandra and the child."

Kristen's voice is tense and the muscles in her arms are as well as she drives. Helene must feel odd... so much responsibility and privilege, information and chaos rolled into one tense van. What are they driving into? Kristen ignores or doesn't hear Helene's question on the industry.

"Hello? Did you lock it?" The man on the phone is tense and anxious.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene grabs the Ipad and fights her way between the front seats, into the back. She sits down in one of the fixed chairs and puts her phone and the Ipad on the table. She sets the phone to speakerphone so that she can keep her hands free, and hurriedly unlocks the Ipad and computer. She waggles her fingers, a nervous smile spreading onto her face at the chance to actually play with the hardware in a stressful situation. She cracks her knuckles.

"Yes yes, working on it. Don't soil your britches." She says into the phone, then goes to work trying to get the entire house locked down as tight as possible.

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-14 13:20:17 Helene Jameson rolls 8 to lock down the house (Intelligence + Computer) (10 Again) 4, 4, 10, 6, 3, 10, 2, 9, 9, 3 4 successes

She leans back. "There, is that any better?"

Jennifer Hazelton

The computer is linked into a security system - very pricy, very high tech. Helene can see a diagram of the house on the computer screen. The first floor includes a living room, a kitchen, a small dinette room a single bath and a sweeping staircase. The stair case lands in front of the Master Bathroom. On either side of the landing is the Master bedroom on the left and the second bedroom on the right. Blinking green arrows indicate two doors on the main floor - a back door in the kitchen and a front door in the living room. Yellow sqaures tell Helene that there are two large windows in the living room, one upstairs over the stairway landing.

"What are my orders?" The man on the phone demands. "Shit. I see them running up the drive. I'm by the back door. Unlock it. I'll go in and you lock it again. Am I allowed to terminate these guys? We got any intell on them?"

The IPAD buzzes. The screen relays that there is a new message.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene works to get the back door unlocked and let him in, then lock it again once he's in.

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-14 13:47:53 Helene Jameson rolls 8 to lock the back door again (Int + Computer) (10 Again) 6, 10, 1, 6, 7, 7, 8, 7, 4 2 successes
    2014-07-14 13:47:35 Helene Jameson rolls 8 to Unlock the back door (Int + Computer) (10 Again) 9, 1, 9, 3, 9, 10, 5, 6, 2 4 successes

She moves to the Ipad, talking as she's going. "Ah, uh...get her upstairs and see if you can block the staircase. Stay away from windows? I think. Terminate means kill, right? I'm pretty sure you should avoid that. Just as a general thing." She laughs nervously, a little unsettled by his willingness to just shoot people. "Just, keep her safe, and try not to kill anyone unless they try to kill you first."

Arriving finally at the Ipad, she pokes the screen and gets the message to display, scanning it quickly.

Jennifer Hazelton

There's a muffled talking sound and Helene can identify a woman's voice, high in pitch and scared. There's more shuffling noises and a red light appears almost immediately on Helene's display. Someone is at the back door in the kitchen. The shrill sound of an alarm comes across the phone line.

"They're here." The man's voice is more resigned. Steel runs through it.
    "I've got her in the main bed room. There's a window; but she's nine months pregnant. We're a bit trapped. I did send over the intel that I recovered."

Yet as he speaks to Helene, the IPAD gives up its treasure. It's an encrypted email from 'Striker' that requires Helene to enter Kristen's code again. You wonder if she'll think to delete or change this access afterwards...
    The IPAD is looked at...

'Found this in the van. No time for it." Was typed in the message. Clicking the attachment reveals stolen and illicit information. Impossible information. It was an audio recording. Clicking play reveals the below information...

Email Attachment- Auditory recording

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene stops doing anything else as she finishes the recording and goes very quiet. She looks at Kristen, about to say something, then decides against it, her paranoia counseling her to stay quiet. There was something going on, and she was the only one in the dark. And it sounded like her kind of something, too. The kind of something the cell might want to deal with...but then again if she dealt with it alone and brought some creature's head back to the group, they might be more inclined to trust her judgement on things in the future.

Deciding to act alone on this one, she forwards the email to herself and then closes the email panel, returning to her phone and trying hard to sound nonchalant. "Did you get anything in front of the stairs?" As she talks, she shifts back to the computer, trying to see just how much security, and what kind, she has at her fingertips. "Oh, and get something in front of the door too. Something big."

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-14 14:25:52 Helene Jameson rolls 4 to sound nonchalant (Manipulation + Subterfuge) (10 Again) 9, 1, 10, 1, 8 3 successes

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last