Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Here There Be Monsters

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

"Okay, I'll be pulling out of here in an hour. Go ahead and take care of anything that you need to. A company car can run you home and back if there's anything that you need to do there."

Kristen had stopped her watch at Helene's conclusion and picks up her Ipad. She unlocks the screen and sends a message. The blip of a reply is almost instantaneous.

"I'm authorized to pay you $18 an hour plus any expenses you occur and wear and tear on your tools; if you bring your own. This excursion should last 2 hours, but may stretch to four. There is a non disclosure that I'll ask you to digitally sign. Its a 'please don't discuss the location of, identity of our client or reveal what you've seen to our rival companies."

Kristen offers the Ipad and stylus pen to Helene, indicating her to sign the screen. Reviewing the screen reveals legal document that summed down to what Kristen had stated. It states that Helene will be considered a contract employee given temporary access to a company van #03, for up to 20 hours. Her contract detailed $18 of pay, all expenses paid by company with receipt provided. Her perks included a company car with driver to chauffeur her within 50 miles of this facility; the use of such car not to exceed three and a half hours per week.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene reviews the contract quickly and signs it as her brain works to start plotting how to use the contract even more to her advantage than it already was. $18 an hour for two hours wasn't much at all, really, but it was a test job, which would probably give her access to a real salary with plenty of money. Pharmaceutical workers were always loaded.

She hops out of the van, still grinning. She looks up at Kristen. "Ah, yeah, I'll take that company car. Need to run home and get into some more comfortable clothes. And grab my laptop, just in case. Where is it parked?"

Jennifer Hazelton

Kristen saved and sent Helene's approval to someone as she spoke. "Head right ahead out of that door." Kristen indicated the rolling garage door at the end of the parking spot of the van that they had occupied.

"The car is parked directly outside. The driver's name is Matt. Let him know to wait to bring you back. Congratulations, Helene. If this goes well, the sky's the limit."

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene feels a little chill at Kristen's last sentence, but shakes it off and nods. "Alright, meet you back here in...eh, call if half an hour. That should be all it takes."

She gets out of the garage and gets into the company car, smiling. "Hi Matt! How's it going? I need a ride to my house and then back." She pulls a piece of paper out of her pocket and writes her address on it, then hands it to the driver.

Jennifer Hazelton

Matt was a clean cut young man in a moderately priced black suit with a green shirt, tailored for his slim build.
    "Good day, Ma'am." He greets respectfully. "I am Matt. I will be your driver." He checks the slip and nods, stating. "Very well."

Matt checks his rearview to ensure that Helene is wearing her seatbelt. If she is not, he smiles politely until it clicks into place. Company policy, after all. He checks all mirrors and pulls out of the lot, onto the freeway and towards the address that Helene has passed to him. He is quiet and efficient, driving at a good pace but non aggressive with the speed demons on the road today. He pulls up in front of Helene's place and sets the car into park. He unlocks the driver's side door and exits, openin Helene's door for her. He offers a hand to her in a gentleman - like fashion as she exits.
    "Ma'am."

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene unclicks her seatbelt and steps out, accepting Matt's help. "Thank you, Matt. I could get used to this." She flashes him a grin and runs into the shoddy old building in which she lives. She practically sprints up the stairs to her landing and unlocks the several locks on her door with practiced ease.

Once inside her apartment, she fights her way out of the pantsuit on the way to her closet, tossing each piece randomly around the room, and grabs a t-shirt and jeans combo she doesn't deem to be -too- smelly. She throws on a hoodie that happened to be lying around on the floor near her laptop, and puts said computer in an old backpack, which she puts on. She finished up by jumping into some used sneakers, then sprints back downstairs and into the car, if nothing gets in her way.

Jennifer Hazelton

Helene was driven back by a courteous and quiet Sam. Helene found the van just where she had left it, although she noted a security gaurd watching her walk in through the open garage door. Kristen was talking on the phone outside of the van and ended her call as Helene approached.

"Hello," Kristen greeted with a smile. "- ready to go? I think we'll drive out and rendevous with our second whose in place. I'll go in and speak to the client. We'll need you to place three cameras - one on the front door, one on the back door and one facing the driveway. Then you'll monitor the scene within the van."
    Helene Jameson

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene nodded along as she jogged in, much more comfortable than the previous time. "Yeah, sure, sounds good to me. Do the cameras need to be hidden, or can I focus on getting a good spot?" As she talks, she moves to open the passenger's seat door and hop into the van.

Jennifer Hazelton

"Surveilance cameras wouldn't be amiss in the area." Kristen answered, moving into the driver's seat. She buckled her seat belt and advised Helene to do the same.
    "We're going to head out. You have everything that yuo need, right?"

Kristen ensures before pulling out of the lot. She turns the van onto the 8 East, heading out towards the more isolated area of Lakeside. "The drive is a few moments." Kristen said pleasantly. "Not too bad. She has a wonderful home. I'll give you a brief rundown. She has a child that she's hoping to place into care. We are trying to help her choose a proper hospital for delivery before she conveys the child to her new parents. The interview will be a few moments..."

Kristen's IPAD beeps. She hits a swipe on the screen that starts a program that reads the text.

" Emergency. Compeitition on site. Two men. Moving on mother."

Kristen's face paled. "What?" She stated startled. "Oh, no."

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene had buckled in, and nodded to Kristen when she asked if she had everything, mentally pre-planning how she would place the surveillance. She nods along to Kristen's talking, only paying enough attention to get the jist of it, and then is snapped out of her daydreaming by the sound of the Ipad. She looks over.

"What does that mean? Is someone trying to kidnap her?"

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread