Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
51 - 56
DISPLAYED
Here There Be Monsters

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6

Jennifer Hazelton

Cassandra does resist. The gun suddenly snaps up, aimed at Helene's chest.
    "Don't." Cassandra bites out. "They're after my baby. Don't you take my gun. Don't you dare."

Cassandra ignores helene's questions. The attempt on the gun has made a hard edge come into Cassandra's eyes. She studies you with untrusting eyes. You realize that you've taken a step back with her. If you are to gain her trust and get any information, you will have to do some convincing.

Helene will need to make a social roll to get any information OR to persuade her to set down the gun. She could choose to roll initiative to force the gun from Cassandra. Helene could make a medical roll to gain any knowledge of Cassandra's state.

In the room, there is a startled scream. Helene's partner thats he had spoken to only by phone now lies on the ground, cradling his hand. His fingers - at least two of them - are splayed the wrong way. Broken. The sight may twist Helene's stomach... Kristen now battles the attacker alone. The two seem evenly matched, quiet and focused. Kristen has locked the man's right arm under her arm, cupping it close to her chest. The man has rolled backwards on the ground, causing Kristen and the stranger to roll on the ground, his spare arm clubbing at Kristen's head.
    Helene Jameson

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene holds up her hands as Cassandra points the gun at her and gives her a wobbly smile. "It's...it's fine, uh, just, uh, put the gun down and I can protect, well, help you. I promise I'm not going to steal your baby."

Failure to get her to put the gun down.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-09 20:07:42 Helene Jameson rolls 2 to persuade Cassandra to put the gun down. (Manipulation + Persuasion) (10 Again) 6, 2 failure

The sight of her partner's fingers all broken and bent made her swallow her lunch all over again, and as she saw Kristen rolling around on the floor, she started considering getting her knife and tossing it to the woman.

Jennifer Hazelton

"I shot him," Cassandra stated quietly. "- and I can shoot you, too. I don't know you. Who are you, Helene? Why are you here? Kristen says she called you. Are you apart of the Lucifuge?"

Cassandra is staring at Helene with narrowed eyes. Cassandra's tone infuses 'Lucifuge' the way one would say ' vermin' or 'pedophile'. Helene has not made much progress. She can hear the pained groans of the man on the floor. Helene starts to feel a sense of urgency. Cassandra isn't looking well... and there was something in that file that Helene had emailed. Something about this baby that Cassandra was carrying. It wasn't natural, was it? What would happen if Cassandra delivered now?

"Are you with the people that made me pregnant?" Some tremor starts to affect Cassandra's hand. The barrel of the pistol wobbles.

"This... this isn't my baby, is it?" She barely breathes the question. "I wasn't pregnant when I went in."

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene looks at Cassandra, giving her a confused look. "The what? You know what, it doesn't matter. I don't know what you're talking about, but I'm sure everything's fine. We can work it all out afterwards, when we get you out of here. Just put the gun down and I can help" She tries to give her a reassuring smile and shift slightly to keep her from staring at the fight going on behind her.

Try again! 3 successes!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-11 13:29:30 Helene Jameson rolls 2 to try to calm her down again. (Persuasion + Manipulation) (10 Again) 10, 5, 10, 9 3 successes

Jennifer Hazelton

Cassandra sets the gun on the ground besides her knee. She rests her dominant hand on that knee, staring at Helene for a moment. Confusion flits across her eyes.

"But I thought you dealt with that sort of thing. Kristen says she would humanely place the... baby... inside of me. I... know that it's not mine. I wasn't pregnant when I went in to see my doctor. Then I was unconscious and I was strapped to a gurney in a laboratory. I escaped and came straight here, but..." She places a hand on her pregnant belly.

"- it's getting agitated. I look like I'm ready to deliver, but I wasn't abducted for nine months. Helene, what are we going to do?"

Fear danced in her eyes.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene starts to sweat a little at the thought of what's likely to come next. "Well, I guess we're going to deliver the baby, and if it's something not good, then we'll kill it. That seems like the calm, logical thing to do, right?" She starts to reach for her knife. "I'm not going to hurt you, okay? I just need to help Kristen."

Failure to convince Cassandra she's not going to hurt her.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-11 23:32:52 Helene Jameson rolls 2 to convince Cassandra she's not about to be stabbed. (Persuasion + Manipulation) (10 Again) 3, 3 failure

Helene doesn't wait for the answer, risking getting shot to slide Kristen the knife.

Failure to get the knife to Kristen too!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-11 23:39:55 Helene Jameson rolls 2 to slide the knife to Kristen. (Dexterity + Athletics) (10 Again) 2, 7 failure

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
Closed Thread