Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
The Harvesters Scene Two

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.

Jennifer Hazelton

Diane has told you the night before that she'll be departing at 10 A.M. today. Yet about an hour ago, you receive a text that she's about an hour out from Temecula. She asks that you pick up some sunscreen for her - there doesn't appear to be any rest stops further down the road. She gives you the address in Temecula - 294 Woodpiper Way, a 'Hitcher's Post' motel. Four members of the cell had met earlier in the morning, made plans and secured provisions in Jodie's stable vehicle. After a few moments of settling in, the group pulled onto the freeway. An hour passes easily enough. Sam and Jodie's cell phone beeps - they recieve a text message with a smiling Diane holding a large plastic wrapped sandwich up to her head.

"Sfe to eat? Reminds me of that one futurama where fry got worms!" The message attached to the candid shot says.

Another half an hour passes and things on the road begin to change. You've had to pull off of the freeway onto an ill used road. You are the only car on the road. Twice you were passed by cars going the opposite way, heading back to the freeway. You pass wooded areas and a few 'Beware of dog signs' although the houses seem deep set in the wooded area, shielded from sight of the road. You see an aged sign in disrepair promising gas and a motel up ahead. You estimate that you are about twenty minutes from the meeting place where Diane awaits. A crow picks at something on the edge of the road... road kill. It caws at you boldly as you roll by.

Sam and Jodie's cell phone beeps - it's Diane again. Yet this text message has none of the casual joy of enjoying the little things. Its hastily assembled, hacked in by what you imagine were panicked fingers.

Im bein setup cops n motel guy inon it chek my car. Alrm fake take wht u need hlp me n ur thngs free

Justin Djinn Cayce Cross

Despite what Alistair may have thought of the van, it provided plenty of ways for people to entertain themselves, especially as the middle two seats had been swiveled around to allow them to face the back row of seats, a table set up between them. It was like a mock-limo in the back, really, and there were screens settled on the backs of seats that would have been able to provide video entertainment for passengers, had the vehicle not been set up as it was. Beneath the table was a cooler that boasted a wide variety of beverages - nothing alcoholic, mind you - and a couple bags of snacks were easily accessible, as well. Even as a driver, Jo was particular about being a good hostess.

As the vehicle attempted to read the text out, as it had been programmed to do - she didn't tend to check texts while driving, after all - the brunette took a moment of pause, looking to her companion in the passenger's seat worriedly before her foot pressed a little more firmly to the gas. "Anyone afraid of speed, or not buckled up, better suck it up and buckle up," Jo stated firmly, but just loudly enough to be heard through the vehicle.
    Former Player of:
    Zodiac Sinead Lovekin Jodie Hollins

C
    Cross

Alistair remained contentedly chill in the back row of seats, perfectly pleased at the interior of the van. Yeah, Hollins had a serious case of mommamobile going on. So? It was super comfy. That worked by him. He stretched out good, enjoying a Coke and reading the paper.

And then the text message came, read out awkwardly by the vehicle. The paper snapped down, and his eyebrows went with it, a serious, stern look of concern crossing his handsome face. "Well, shit."

He sighed, pulling out his vest from his bag and removing his shirt. They hadn't even made it to the motel and they were already in shit. Great. "Fan-fucking-tastic," he said. His bare chest looked just as good as the rest of him. He slipped the vest on, adjusting it beneath the shoulder strap of the seatbelt and strapping it into place before putting his shirt back on overtop. "Let me make a call. Perhaps I can determine if she's been taken into custody. Then, we do a bit of make-up, huh? If cops are involved, we need to not look like us."

Alistair produced his phone and made a call to his pals in the police force. State databases might help determine if Diane had recently been taken into legal custody, and there was always inter-police calls to Temecula. Who'd been taken into custody? And what was the word about the motel, anyway?

2 sux to Allies: Police
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-07 18:53:53 Alistair Smith rolls 9 to Allies: Police (Manipulation+Persuasion+Allies) (10 Again) 5, 3, 1, 2, 6, 1, 1, 1, 10, 9 2 successes

Jennifer Hazelton

Alistair waited a few moments as checks were placed across the digital world. It was quickly relayed that Diane Moore had not been taken into custody. There was very little information on the Hitcher's Post motel. There had been a few drunk and disorderly arrests about five years back, but the bar out there closed down about then. There wasn't much of anything that went on out there, the man on the other end of the phone line stated. 'Who wants to be in the ass end of that, anyway?"

C
    Cross

Alistair thanked his allies and ended the call. "This place is literally nowhere. Very little police information on the motel, and Diane Moore was not taken into custody. If the cops are in on this, they're doing it on the low."

He produced his excellent make-up kit and began to work on himself quickly to put together a serviceable disguise. "I won't have enough time to do disguises unless we want to stop somewhere for a couple of hours, and I don't think we have the time for that, do we?"

1 sux to disguise self
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-07 19:29:38 Alistair Smith rolls 7 to Wits+Subterfuge+3eq-1time to disguise himself (10 Again) 4, 9, 7, 4, 1, 4, 2 1 success

"So it's not actually cops?" Jo asked from the driver's seat as she continued down the road, paying pretty close attention to the road. "That's good to know. And hell no we don't have time for that. Especially if it's not the cops! Geez. What if it's like... some crazy axe murderer or something, huh?"

Or some dickwad perv. Yeah. Hell no. She wasn't slowing this vehicle down for some makeup. Price tags weren't a concern - Diane's safety and well-being? Definitely a concern.
    Former Player of:

J
    Justin

"Then we'll just have to deal with them," Sam replied to Jodie. His jaw set firmly before continuing. "As far as I'm concerned, a monster is a monster. It doesn't matter if they can't do anything special; humanity is capable of being terrible on its own."

I hope Diane holds out long enough for us to get there...

"How far out are we? If they're claiming to be cops...it might not be a bad idea to be ready to call real cops in after we've checked it out some more."

C
    Cross

"I've got friends I can call if we need them, cops and lawyers alike, but they're a bit out of our range," Alistair said after Samael spoke. Of course he did. They'd seen them firsthand, in the form of SWAT kicking Limitless's door down. "Put your vests on if you've got them and stay sharp, all right? We need to find her, and quick. Anybody need anything, lights or anything? I brought a bit of spare stuff, but the Portable Store isn't exactly all that large."

What he did next, though, he plainly didn't have extras of. Alistair produced his pistols and a little silver case, which he opened up. There was the sound of metal screwing into metal, and Al's pistols found themselves were six inches longer and a fair bit quieter.

His shoulder holsters went on, and an expensive suit jacket went on overtop of the ensemble. It never hurt to dress sharply.

Vest? "Yeah, sure, I'll suit up when I'm not driving," she responded with sigh. All she really had was her protective gear from work - which... wasn't exactly 'bulletproof' but it was definitely protective. It was lucky her shirt was sorta loose so it'd fit underneath. "We're about fifteen minutes out, still, by my read of the GPS, and I don't wanna risk going any faster since this isn't exactly a 4x4," Jo added. "But if we get pulled over for speeding, I wouldn't be surprised anyway. What's the plan when we get there? I mean, this is more your guys' thing, I'm sure. I don't really know who Diane is, much less what's going on, here."

She sure was glad she'd gotten extra ammo. But just in case, "Mister Smith, I don't suppose you happened to bring extra ammo of a variety of sorts?" she inquired, "or, by chance, a bigger gun than my dear little pewpew? Given we've still got a bit before the work's all filled out for the Colt."
    Former Player of: