Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
FAQ & Your Questions!

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

Thank you Cross !
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

http://nwod.org/forum/group.php?disc...e=4&do=discuss

Actually, you should check with your HST as I think there's not a standardized answer. Casitive

For Under Control, nothing over Type I will be allowed without some form of enabler merit/profession/etc.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

West

On another PBP Forum that I use from time to time, they have a nifty feature to make private parts in a post.
    I have already found it extremly convenient there, and I think that it would fit in very well in a WOD Forum, enhancing the mystery / secret aspect of the gameplay, in my opinion.
    Would you mind looking at this, please, and give me your opinion ?
    If you were to agree, I would of course ask then whether it can be duplicated here, or not.

Thank you very much !
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

We had private spoilers before, based on usergroups (mage sts, changeling sts, etc). It's a useful feature, no doubt, but ultimately we went back to keeping private correspondence on character sheets or in PMs or in the OOC thread:
    a) it was easier to find/keep track of than trying to figure out the name of the thread
    b) MORE IMPORTANTLY! Someone has to constantly explain how to use the different bbcodes -or- point people to the thread that explains it -or- point out there's a bbcode link in the footer of every page -or- clean up improper bbcode... well, you get the idea.

And, more often than not, that person was me, or another ST. Ain't no one got time for that*

* Documentation has always been a problem spot for the site, and even when it's well done, there's only a 50-50 chance someone will read it instead of just asking. You'd be shocked at how often we're asked how ROLL code works, or have to clean up a mess.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

5. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    S
    Steven

So BDeHaven asked me a good question, and I thought I would put it out here for other new people who may have the same question. I added a couple links for clarification of the question.

Quote Originally posted by BDeHaven:
    Ok so my question is when does the scene [Skeleton Keys] As above so below take place compared to when Court takes place? I'm wondering because I haven't met these characters in either scene yet and don't wanna look foolish by introducing myself twice.
    Having been in this situation I have handled it by estimating which scene (assuming both are non-sticky) is going to wrap first, and doing the introduction in that scene and then give a polite hello in the other one just to cover my butt. Either that or doing a proper introduction in court, and a polite hello in a out of court scene always seems acceptable to me. It is a thing that we have to deal with on occasion with the flow of Play by Post Games.

Do any other ST's or Tenured players have any other feedback about Haven's question?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Court is a Sticky, SKeys is not. Therefore, Court happens first.

The best way to avoid headaches is to avoid the people or topics where continuity conflicts may occur.

R
    Rincewind

So how does a new character "get into the game" so to speak, i'm talking specifically about vampire, what with the sticky court thread being closed to newcomers, do I just need to wait?
    Do all scenes originate from elysium threads?

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Yes. All Elyisum scenes spin off from the main Court thread.

10. Likes West liked this post

Maybe this has already been addressed elsewhere, or in the actual rules, but I shall ask anyway. Can a character get a genuine, legal identity if they lack one? Is a genuine ID the same as New Identity 4? Or is it something that is as "simple" as legally changing one's name?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

A name is a name. An identity is a credit score, criminal record, property records, birth certificates, etc.

AFAIK an adult can only legally get a new 'identity' by being naturalized as a citizen -- which would require documentation from their current citizenship.

Changing a name is just a name change, like a phone number.

13. Likes Origins, Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 2 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread