Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(C Tears) The Running Man

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

The time is 01:30
    S-Minus 4:15 until the Daystar

"Sir? Sir? Is everything all right?"

The voice filters through the fading darkness tinged with terror.

Rotschreck.

Peter remembers... fire. All consuming flames. Fear. The need to flee.

Senses begin to sharpen. It's still dark, although the greenish-yellow glow of artificial lightning spills onto him. His hands and face are pressed against a chain fence. His jaw aches. He's been gnawing on the fence.

Turn around.

In the background, a golden eagle perches on large golden letters: CHP. In the foreground... the source of the questions. Due east, from the front of the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, and over the bridge, is where the Beast has taken Peter in it's flight of fear.

He's been trying to chew his way into the California Highway Patrol Academy.

"Sir?"

Peter has commited a Sin Against Humanity
    Roll 3 Degeneration dice for a threshold 5 Sin (Arson)
    Failure will result in a Derangement roll.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

2. Likes Forn Clakes, Yumyumcrow, Jaqen, Wod.Infant liked this post
    P
    Peter Baldwin

Pain. In the teeth. Words, battering their way through a haze of red, red fear. A moral question, haunting away at the essence of the Man fighting against the Menace - and an answer, swiftly and firmly decided upon. He'd done wrong. He'd burned something he never should have burned. At his core, Sir Baldwin felt... guilt, as the Beast was defeated.

Fat load of good that did him. He was chewing on a cop shop's fence.

The Menace was an absolute dick sometimes.

The police officer behind him snapped him out of it, and Sir Baldwin managed to get control of his faculties. He had a weapon on him, a knife within his coat. It wasn't an illegal knife, and he wasn't waving it about. Not a huge deal. A couple of attempts to pull the Cloak over the weapons, but he couldn't get it done.

Hmm.

"I... I'm okay." The Nosferatu shook his head, but seemed to straighten up, seemed to come out of it. He rubbed his cheek and did what he had to do. He flushed his skin with Blood, feeling the hunger burning at him but doing what he had to. If he looked crazy pale, this cop probably was far more likely to freak out. Blushed, he turned around, remaining loose and embracing his calm to deal with this situation.

4 sux to avoid degeneration, fail to cloak knife
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-26 17:53:33 Sir Baldwin rolls 2 to Retry -2 (10 Again) 1, 7 failure
    2014-06-26 17:53:24 Sir Baldwin rolls 3 to Retry -1 (10 Again) 6, 5, 3 failure
    2014-06-26 17:53:16 Sir Baldwin rolls 4 to Touch of Shadows (10 Again) 2, 4, 6, 4 failure
    2014-06-26 17:47:51 Peter Baldwin rolls 3 to Humanity (10 Again) 7, 10, 9, 10, 8 4 successes

-1V for Blush of Life. Sir Baldwin has 1V left.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"You sure? If you are, you mind explaining yourself?"

Cop Eyes examine Peter. His pupils. His hands. His clothing. Probing.

A hand rests easily on a shiny patent leather holster, still snapped shut. Affixed to one epaulet is a radio speaker. Below a shiny badge is a name plate. FOLEY.

Behind Officer Foley? A police cruiser. Polished white fairings glisten in the overhead lights.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

P
    Peter Baldwin

There was no explanation for this that made much sense at all.

Worst part was, Sir Baldwin couldn't get a sense as to whether or not scaring this Kine would be a violation of the Prince's Law. He couldn't think, not fully, not clearly - the Menace was still rattling about in the back of his mind.

One question did pop to mind as vaguely reasonable. He knew the Kine had rights. What would this man's response be?

"Am I under arrest, Officer?"

He hadn't caused any harm that he knew of, not yet, and he certainly wasn't drunk or high.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Well if you want to get uppity about it, sure we can do that. So you want me to arrest you first, then answer my questions? Or do you want to just answer the question?"

Maybe Peter could double doggy dare him.

A thumb jerked over his shoulder at the motorcycle.

"I'd prefer you tell me something reasonable, because I really don't feel like walking a suspect back in. But if you're testing me? Don't think I won't. Your call."

P
    Peter Baldwin

Peter nodded. "I'm sorry, Officer. I'm not fine. I had a bit of a breakdown." A bit of a breakdown was an understatement. Frenzy was a lot of a breakdown. "I got some bad news. A friend is in rough shape, my job is stressful... I just need to go home and sleep. Maybe see a doctor for the stress. I hope I haven't caused any harm?"

Hazelton was in awful shape. Being a Knight was stressful.

Not that Kine would ever feel this kind of stress.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"I think I missed the part where you came here? Or why?"

It's almost 2a.m. Peter is on foot.

"Can I see some identification?"

P
    Peter Baldwin

One of the handy things about being a young, young vampire is that one's identification still was valid. "Sure," he said, producing his wallet. Driver's license. He handed it over. "I just... ran. Wasn't really thinking, like I said. It wasn't exactly logical, I'll give you that."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"All right. Just sit tight..." Foley took the license, glancing at it.

"...Mr. Baldwin."

He walked back over to his cruiser. With a halfhearted eye on Peter's whereabouts, he began typing. After a few lonnnng minutes, he came back, offering the license.

"You going to be OK to get home, Mr. Baldwin? Need to call a cab?"

P
    Peter Baldwin

Baldwin chilled. For once, he did not have to jog. He accepted the license back. "Yes, I think so, Officer. I'll call a cab. Is there a better place for me to wait?"

By the fence might be a bit weird. Cabbie might think that odd. He needed to get his wheels, get in touch with Galloway, get a handle on this situation...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread