Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Show Must Go On

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Fuck you. I'm not the fucking janitor," Avis spat, glaring at the other Warlock.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

2. Likes West liked this post
    A
    Asp

Asp's head turned to face Ozymandias as well, an eyebrow raised. "Tactful as always, huh, Mandy?" Wow.

"This one's mostly an Arrow thing, but yes. Who the Banner Warden is matters. If we are portraying ourselves to the Consilium as an organized group, then it absolutely matters, because we get challenged as a group if someone wants to dispute our claim to things like this awesome theatre."

There was a challenge on the floor. And the way Mandy talked sometimes, they were going to need the best Banner Warden they could get.

"Avis, your challenge is accepted."

She looked to Cut, remembering his Prime trick in finding this place. "Are you able to Square a Circle? Might be time to try out that dojo."

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"You're, the, uh, lightbulb changer. I think I'm the janitor...," he threw in, reaching up to spin his propeller.

It was weak, but he threw it out there. Watched it spazz around like a one legged frog. Gave Mandy A Look. Might need to clean that up? Even it wasn't what she meant. Totally Not A Cabal-mates are people, too.

Still. All the rest? Of course. Because Arrows. Sometimes he wondered if the only reason the Eyes existed were because the Talons were so picky about how they scratched.

Honor? Because dunno. Having honor was not cheating on your girlfriend. Or giving up your seat on the bus to the elderly. Or not walking out of one movie an into another. As far as he was concerned? Not for hamstringing how you handled your business. Not the business. Your business. All out, it's so ridiculous. That's how he did.

"Ummmmm. Yeah. I can do that. But. Can I just say something here? I get we need a Sigil Holder. Totes. And maybe I get the Banner Warden thing? Because other Talons might ask 'who dat'? But. I'm not so wild about one of you taking a shot for me, for something that's not legit? If someone wants to strap up, I'd, uh, rather handle it myself. I like you. All of you. Best peeps I've met so far." Maybe some more than others. Because.

"Enough I don't want anyone here taking shots for me because we're fakey-faking something we're not. Make sense? Hard to explain. Just wanted to get that out there."

Names? Yep, important. Actions? More so. Problem with honor? Didn't have a distinction that ethics and morality did. Too deep, yo.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

5. Likes Cayce liked this post

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

"Avis, I'm sorry, I really didn't mean..." Okay. So she'd actually put her foot in her mouth. She hadn't meant that at all. Pausing, she turned to specifically face Avis, making sure she was looking directly at the other. "I'm really sorry. If it helps to clarify, we had an age-old joke about the Hearthmaster being the cabal Janitor... Cleaning up everyone's messes and making sure everyone was okay," she smiled a little weakly.

"I really didn't mean anything poorly by it, I'm sorry if it came across that way," she ended, pretty sincerely. She hadn't meant to step on the other's toes... really she'd just wanted to diffuse the situation from turning into a battle. What a fuss... "If we're going to be getting all into this, though," Mandy sighed a little, "I absolutely call Lorekeeper, and I think Cut would, in fact, make a very good Hearthmaster," she added with a weak grin. She was trying to make this better.

"If you two really need to do this out of some form of duty, though..." she scratched at her head, "I suppose it's best to do it before we get to cleaning everything up." Sigil Holder. Who in this room did she want to be able to speak for her? ... no one. Not really. But after the miscommunication that had just happened, she wasn't sure any of them would much want her to speak on their behalf, either...

7. Likes West, Cayce liked this post
    A
    Asp

These guys were spending so much mental energy trying to be something they weren't, when it was something they were so obviously becoming. It was pretty funny.

"Cut, we'd protect you guys regardless of whether or not we were in a Cabal. It's sort of what we do, you know?" She chuckled. "Guys, sorry to be that one who gets all serious after a couple of hook-ups..." She traced a circle around them. "...but we are totally that couple from No Strings Attached. We swear, we're just fucking! No strings here! Except everyone knows how this goes."

They were a chick flick. She chuckled. It was a mirthful and pleasant sound.

"With what I've seen around this Consilium? We might be one of the closest things to organized in town. It's not a bad thing. Come on, Avis. Let's shoot our Will at each other for a bit."

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Avis searched the other Warlocks face for a few seconds before nodding. "Ok. It's fine then. Don't worry about it." Her voice was tight, and something still simmered behind the Talon's eyes, but her shoulders relaxed and her hands unclenched. Surprising as it was, Avis could tell Mandy hadn't meant here any insult, this time anyways, but her blood was still up.

Most of what Cut said, as well as Asp's rom-com joke swept past Avis' ears, her mind now fixed on the duel. It wasn't just some frivolous exercise, no matter how Asp phrased it. Whether they were faking this or not, this was important to her. Sure, the idea of holding titled positions hadn't really crossed her mind, but now that she was reminded of it, something jagged started niggling away at the back of her mind. If Cut was hearthmaster, Mandy was lorekeeper, and Asp became the banner warden, what would that make her?

"The challenge has been offered and accepted. Are you going to square the circle, or not?" Avis interjected, her gaze snapping over to fix on Cut.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

10. Likes West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Really? Hearthmaster? He'd always seen himself as a Farseeker kind of guy. Maaaaaaybe Edgetender. Hearthmaster?! And also... what?! Mandy had cabal jokes? Like, she was in a cabal before? Wild, yo. Guess that made Avis the Farseeker.

Asp got a little shrug. Yeah. Maybe. Who knew. Seemed important at one point that they weren't.... so he'd rolled with that. But? That conversation might need a little more said. After. Because Avis was In The Zone.

"Let me... See... first... then..."

He blinked as he strapped on his Supernal Goggles. So... Hallow-y. No. Focus. There were fancy words, right? For Squaring? Ritual stuff. Say words.

"One potato, two potato, three potato, four..."

As the words for Avis wound down, he burnt off freshly found Mana and bound the women together in a contest of their Supernal Wills. Did he know fancy Squaring words? Sure. Did he have a preference who won? Of course. 'Potato' because this seemed Really Important to Avis. More than Asp, who was Making Funnies. Why? No clue.

Supernal Vision, Circle Squared
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-20 19:11:33 Cut rolls 6 to Squaring the Circle (10 Again) 2, 9, 7, 1, 10, 5, 10, 2 3 successes
    2014-06-20 19:08:22 Cut rolls 6 to Supernal Vision (10 Again) 6, 4, 8, 8, 9, 10, 1 4 successes
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

12. Likes Cayce liked this post
    A
    Asp

Once the Circle was squared, Asp's manner changed. She stared across at her opponent, saying nothing but pushing her Will to unnerve Avis. She wasn't all that unnerving, however. Avis was far too composed.

It did not matter. It was tradition.

See pp. 286 MtA for Duel Arcane rules. Asp's Composure is 4.

fail to unnerve, init 17
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-20 19:22:35 Asp rolls 1 die for initiative 10
    2014-06-20 19:18:10 Asp rolls 4 to Duel Arcane: Pres+Intimidation-3composure (10 Again) 4, 6, 2, 8 1 success

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

Init 16
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-20 19:23:40 Avis rolls 1 die for initiative 10

1 success to unnerve. We tied.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-20 19:24:55 Avis rolls 1 to (manip2+sub3-4=1) (10 Again) 8 1 success

When the circle closed, allowing their magic and their wills to coalesce before them, Avis shot a taunting smile across dueling ground to her opponent. "You think you're terminator mode is going to be enough to protect you? It's not a mop I'll be using this time."

Her words probably wouldn't ruffle the other Talon's sense of humor, but it was worth a try.

15. Likes West liked this post
    A
    Asp

Avis won. Asp got no successes. +1 to her attacks.

Hmm. She was serious.

Asp's head rolled around in a stretch, removing the towel and tossing it aside to let her hair be free to hang loosely at her shoulder blades. Finally, she stopped, her head cocked just slightly to the side as she peered at Avis for a moment of preparation. Then, her eyes closed as her sword and shield came into being.

Cut had it right, all along. From the ground beside the Obrimos burst two grand, majestic asps, larger than life, with eyes glowing bright as they watched their quarry. They slid about her, sometimes over her body, sometimes at her feet - always ready, a slithering shield of primal, deadly Life.

Her eyes snapped open.

Behind them, the burning, bright, cleansing light of Prime flashed to life, ready to scourge away the darkness, the Abyss, anything. Prime, the essence of Magic. It was the core of their magical world. Today, it was her weapon. The light spread down into her hands and grew into a pulsing sunburst.

Her gaze burning and her snakes slithering, the young Arrow stared her challenge across at her friend, the burning of Prime in her eyes all the threat she required. There was no need to taunt her. The righteousness of the Mighty burned brightly there for all to see, Purpose brought to bear against her opponent.

Asp's Sword is Prime. Asp's Shield is Life. She has priority but will delay.

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread