Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Beneath the Chapter House

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 24 of 24 First ... 14 20 21 22 23 24

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Striking Looks 4 (graceful, Alluring)
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani is tired of waiting, tired of talking, and tired of doing nothing. She turns to Gideon, since he seems to be the one who can speak. "I can go down there unseen and get a better idea of what we may be up against. It's better then wasting time up here since time is not exactly a luxury we have."
    Presence 3
    Striking Looks (Graceful, Alluring) 4
    Mask of Tranquility

Headstrong
    Headstrong

PRE

It was hard and exceedingly unfamiliar to Headstrong, heading such a talkative group. In her previous experiences the ranking Axe-Sworn simply told you what to do and you did it. But none of these Kindred were Axe-Sworn and most of them were new to real combat to boot. The two who weren't were the Prince and his Harpy. She'd need to talk to Gideon about how to properly handle these situations with 'political delicacy'.

"We are strong enough in number to take on almost any single Kindred. The real question is if we can get to him without weakening ourselves too much and overpower him without too many of his ghouls intervening. And there's only one way to find out." Headstrong assures Joseph.

"Excellent. How far ahead will you go?"
    Headstrong answers Ishani, seemingly eager to get going herself. The further Ishani went the more valuable her reconnaissance would but but the more risk she incurred. If Ishani strayed too far and got into trouble she'd be without any back up. Headstrong didn't mention these things as Ishani was experienced enough to know this herself.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani nods as Headstrong speaks, agreeing with everything the woman was saying. "As far as you need me to. I can establish a link with Asa and relay the information as I see it if you would like. This way you all will know immediately if I run into something I cannot handle. Does that sound plausible enough?"
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

Headstrong
    Headstrong

PRE

Headstrong simply nods. That was above and beyond agreeable.

"If this link works both ways we will follow you at a distance. Try to stay half a minute from our position. This should give us sufficient time to prepare for new arrivals you might spot. And if you run into something you can't handle it allows you to fall back, so we can back you up quickly and engage the threat in force." Half said was probably unnecessary to tell Ishani but still worth mentioning if Headstrong considered the rest had ears too. They had to be ready to move. Both to fall back, if the opposition was too strong, or to push onward, if Ishani needed immediate aid.

It was hard to tell how much she needed to say but decided she'd better say too much than too little. Though unpleasant it was probably the best decision.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani looks at Asa. "Is this ok with you? I won't do it if you object, Prince Clarke." She says, wanting him to know that his opinion came first.
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Asa listened to the plan, mulling it over in his head. Aside from his obvious objection, he wasn't sure how much of Ishani's concentration it would take to create and hold the link -- attention she might normally focus on her senses, to avoid being surprised.

He looked at her closely as she spoke, at first thinking she was taking a stab from their earlier visit to the Chapter House, when he'd made her stand down... but she wasn't.

And she seemed sure she could pull it off.

Asa gave her a confident smile.

"At least I'm dressed for it, this time."
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Gideon nods, satisfied. "Good. Then let us go. From here on in, then, we are going to require silence," he adds, looking to Peter. "So please keep comments to a minimum."
    He looks to Ishani and nods again. Her show, now.

"It's not like we're sneaking up on anyone... they know we're coming. They can probably hear footsteps long before they see us, sorta like some of us seem to be able to do. Just sayin'." Peter says, making sure no one is under the impression they'll be ninja-ing into the enemy's stronghold.

"But yeah. I'll be sure to die quietly."

I'm closing this thread, to start another one, "Into the Sewers." See y'all there.

Page 24 of 24 First ... 14 20 21 22 23 24
Closed Thread