Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(Threads of Blood) Torments

C
    Casitive

American Graffiti immortalized the City of Modesto in the seventies. Creating a city that refused to give up on a by-gone era that truthfully, shouldn't be looked back on in nostalgia. It's a long-drive south for Ariadne to Modesto, the city of 'Water, Wealth, Contentment, and Health.' With a city motto like that, it might be a surprise that there is a modest Consilium there and not the seat of the Tetrarchy.

Vesper, the Herald of the City agreed to meet with Ariadne and welcome Ariadne to the Drowned Consilium. Signaling ahead of time that you were heading to someone's turf, was always polite. The line of power between the Diamond and the Assembly blurs. The Assembly attracts those who want to make a difference with the majority of them working in Migrant Farmers Rights, Immigration Reform, and Farm Unions. Despite all of this, the Diamond has been ascendent over the last decade due in large part to the Ladder of which Vesper claims membership.

The first stop, was Mr. T's Delicate Donut Shop where Vesper asked Ariadne to meet. 'You'll know me by my curls,' is all V said.

Kelreth Ariadne

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

A plain donut adorned with rainbow sprinkles sits half eaten in front of Ariadne as she sits in Mr. T's Delicate Donuts. Not entirely sure if the name has a subtle meeting or if Vesper just happens to really like donuts; Ariadne sits contently if not a tad worried. Proper form is to not have any spells active when first meeting the Locals. Sure Cloaking is an option but Ariadne doesn't want to come across like that. Things are bad enough, no need to piss off someone who might be able to help.

C
    Casitive

Vesper | Herald of the Drowned Consilium | Local Status 3 | No Actives

Vesper arrived to the table bearing a bit of whimsy on her small circular plate. A Cronut, frosted in white chocolate and drizzled with normal chocolate and accompanying morsels. She was a small woman, with brown wave-curls that set her apart from the rest. Modestly dressed she holds no active spells but she wastes no time in setting her donut down in front of A asking, “Mind if I take this seat?

The Ladder carries a bright smile even if she might be a bit mousy. “I'm Vee. I sing in the local Choir and I'm also its Welcome Wagon.” A beat, “Oh, you should definitely take some of the blue-berry cake donuts back with you, when you go. They are divine.

Vesper hums half to herself as she tears into her Cronut, “What can we do for you?

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne shakes her head and nods towards the seat opposite of hers.

"Thank you for agreeing to meet with me." Ariadne takes a moment to look for these blue-berry cake donuts before looking back to Vesper. "I'm wondering if you all have a book and are willing to let me take a look. If you had a spare copy that'd be wonderful also. I am not sure if it would be in a library, buried, or somewhere almost out of reach."

"I'm with a stage company back home and we've recently come across a problem that needs a rare book to work with. Some of the locals have a sickness sadly."

C
    Casitive

Popping a bit of Cronut in her mouth, Vesper watches Ariadne with a keen sort of interest. Not the sort of interest that would be like reading the tea-leaves of a Magi's soul, no, but a genuine interest. “We might have a copy,” Vesper notes calmly between sips of her water and bites of her Cronut. “We tend not to have much in the way of big-city problems.

The Herald of the Drowned Consilium pauses, then adds, “After I get a good look at you – and your fabulous suit – we can head back to the Choir offices. But, I might as well get the question out of the way now,” Vesper says wrapping up the other half of her Cronut, “how will you make us even-steven? We like to keep clean accounts.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

Ariadne frowns as Vesper brings up the reason why they would help. Nothing is free. "It depends on what you would want in turn? Myself and some others back home can help with the some of the most difficult fields of study. I can probably find material compensation if that would work?" The Warlock takes a hold of her own donut but doesn't take a bite. "I came here in a rush. I uncovered information and back home doesn't have the resources to learn more about it. I'm not sure why we won't, we just don't. So what would you all be interested in?"

C
    Casitive

A promise.” Vesper replies easily slipping the rest of her Cronut into her purse. “No one looks for what you are looking for unless they are in deep. So we know you might be caught flat-footed here.” The Herald's cadence continues its whimsical pace, “The book is probably never complete,” Vesper makes a face, “if there's new information, we would appreciate a copy to append to our own.

The woman rises and waves to the person behind the counter, “That and if the Choir comes to your neck of the woods, we'd appreciate a warm welcome and assistance in kind.” A shadow of fear crawls over her voice as she then notes faintly to Ariadne, “The board of directors here don't want to see any spill-over of your issues. But, the Handshake needs to be done; even if it's just a formality.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

"Thank you and I will make sure any new information makes it way down here quickly." Ariadne wraps the remains of her donut in a clean napkin and puts it in a front pocket. A donut in a purse? No thank you.

"I will make sure that the right people know about our deal. That way they will respond in kind should your Choir come visit." She tries to smile but it comes across almost pained. This is a time when someone else might have to hold up the bargain. Ariadne shakes her head and gives a nod to the person selling the donuts.

"There should not be any spillover and formalities help keep us civil" The warlock continues with a wary grin. It doesn't make Ariadne anymore comfortable though.

C
    Casitive

Vesper smiles brightly in response to Ariadne and then heads towards her car, “I'll drive, unless you want to follow.” Her voice suggests the shrug she doesn't actually make.

Pausing outside, the song of magic hums into being around Vesper for a moment and then, she looks rather intently upon Ariadne. Being stared at, openly, even under the guise of admiring A's suit, was always a little disconcerting.

Content with seeing nothing, the Herald leads Ariadne to the Modest library, where the trade is made. Ariadne to travels back to the Sacrament with the Book of Torments in her hand and a debt upon her back.

Kelreth check out page 59 and 60 of Left Handed Path. For any research rolls you might need to make, see me. This is all I have for the scene, thank you!

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.