Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Archangels) The Gates of Heaven

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Leo Lockheart

PRE

It seemed like just yesterday Leo had met Umbrey after dropping into Burgers and Brew. He was cool, and the place always had good food, and was always crowded. Lot's of people making lot's of noise, making it easier to obscure the conversation Leo was intending to have tonight.

Leo checked the time on his phone as he waited outside. It was almost 7 pm, and the smell of everything Leo wanted to end his day with was practically calling out to him. Unfortunately he had no idea who would show up, or if they'd recognize him in this sea of faces, so he instead stood awkwardly by the front door wishing these people would hurry their asses up.

2 suxx Life Armor, 1 suxx Prime Sight
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-25 02:00:18 Leo Lokcheart rolls 10 to Supernal Vision (Wits+Occ+Prime+HS-2 Advanced Prolongation Factor) (10 Again) 3, 2, 5, 7, 5, 8, 4, 7, 7, 5 1 success
    2014-05-25 01:59:34 Leo rolls 7 to Organic Resilience (Sta+ATh+Life+HS-2 Advanced prolongation factor) (10 Again) 7, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 5 2 successes

This thread is open to anyone who is interested in joining the Archangels

T

Striker checked his watch. Almost 7. And according to the map this place should be just around the corner. Good I won't be late. Striker turned the corner and looked for the 'Burgers and Brew' sign. Great, just across the road, and I got here with time to spare. He crossed the pavement and dodged across the road as a car went by. That's right, crazy Americans drive on the other side of the road.

As he approached, Striker saw a waitress bringing food to one of the tables in the outside eating area and once she has set the plate down, got her attention. "'Scuse me miss! I'm looking for a mate."

Jonokuchi

PRE

The Japanese Warlock had read the notices around the area, and even though he was loathe to trust others, Jonokuchi understood the need for others to survive in the war against the Seers. If it wasn't for the assistance of others back in Tokyo, Jonokuchi knew that it wouldn't only be his reputation in tatters.

Finding the restaurant was relatively easy for the sumo and as it came into view, and the sheer amount of people present, gave Jonokuchi pause. What if this was some kind of trap? He wasn't as prepared as he wanted to be but if it was at it seemed, this call to arms, then it gave Jonokuchi the much needed backup in his personal road to redemption.

Still, it paid to be ready and picturing the spell in his mind's eye, ripples erupt around the Warlock as Space seems to flux, making it harder to touch Jonokuchi, each ripple synchronized with the large man's movements and mammoth girth.

Satisfied that he was as protected as he could be, Jonokuchi enters the bar, towering over many by dint of his height and weight, squeezing past the man waiting by the door and pausing to look around.

A sigh as he wondered if the seats would be strong enough.

Untouchable
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-25 09:01:24 Jonokuchi rolls 5 to Gnosis + Space (10 Again) 8, 7, 10, 4, 10, 5, 5 3 successes

Autolycus

Autolycus saw the notices and he did want to participate in a cabal. He didn't see any harm in feeling this one out to see if it would work out for everyone involved. He hadn't needed to cast on the way, he could still feel his breakfast spells singing along merrily in the back of his mind. The night was warm, so he wore khakis and a blue dress shirt to the meeting.

There were plenty of people in the crowd, but some stood out. Two of them were glowing, Autolycus picked the one looking at his phone on the basis that he looked like he had been there before. He approaches the man and speaks up. "Excuse me, are you Lockheart?"

Pulse of the Living World (24 hours Potency 2), Organic Resilience (24 hours potency 4), noted in minisheet
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-25 02:15:15 Autolycus rolls 6 to Life Armor, -2 duration factor, +2 high speech (10 Again) 2, 9, 10, 7, 3, 10, 7, 8 4 successes
    2014-05-25 02:14:57 Autolycus rolls 6 to Life Sight, -2 duration factor, +2 high speech (10 Again) 10, 4, 4, 4, 3, 7, 10, 2 2 successes

Leo Lockheart

PRE

'Seriously?'

Leo watched in silent bewilderment as two awakened blindly fumbled around the place. Their vibrant auras danced before Leo like the Northern Lights, the same auras he thought people had the sense to look for when going to meet other Awakened. Apparently not. If Leo were a Banisher he'd have blown a nut off each of them and they'd be none the wiser as to why they were attacked. If they turned out to be Arrows Leo might just do it anyway to make a fuckin' point.

Finally Leo settled his eyes on the one with sense. Since he was able to pick Leo out of the crowd and had visible layers of spellwork, Leo knew this one was worth his time. "Yes." Leo says silently. He raises a finger to his lips signaling the other mage to keep silent with the name. It wasn't his real name, but he wanted to see if the others would do what they were supposed to and open their eyes. "Here for the club?"

T

Striker made his way his way to the door after being told to check inside for a booking. He was feeling a bit out of his depth, not often having been to establishments that took bookings. Most of the ready to eat food Striker bought, which wasn't often, came wrapped in paper, but he preferred not to waste the limited money he had on nutrition-less fatty food.

As he opened the glass door to walk in he saw the reflection of a few diners warped slightly in the glass. He paused for a second. That reminds me of what that stuffy Mystagog looked like when he tried to explain the Space Arcanum to me and cast, what did he call it, 'disturbance in the something' on me? Hmmmm, I guess that would be an easy way of finding this Leo bloke if he's got any spells going.

Not wanting to draw attention in such a public place Striker choose not to chant the words he had been taught to strengthen his spells as his will shaped the magic to make the living around him spring into more vibrant colors, shapes and movements.

3suxx Pulse of the Living World
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-27 01:36:15 Striker rolls 4 to Pulse of the living world (10 Again) 9, 9, 9, 2 3 successes
    The spell formed easily and the active spells surrounding the two by the door jumped out at him. Bingo. Well I guess I've just announced myself to them as well.
    Striker approached the pair and dismissed his spell, its job now done.

I never thought I had an accent but Yanks keep telling me I sound like an Aussie. I wonder if Leo will recognize me voice from the phone call before.
    "G'day fellas. I may have talked to one of yous on the phone earlier."

7. Likes Sirith liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

The bus was late. The bus was late, her ipod died, and her mind refused to bring two Imago together. Sometimes you just had days like that. Avis just hoped no one was going to spill beer on her, 'cause the way her luck was going that would be the next thing to happen. Strolling into the bustling restaurant, hands in her pockets, Avis looked around until she spotted Leo with new blood swarming around him. That made her a bit nervous, which was silly considering how long she'd been in Sacramento, but then again, most crowds made her nervous. She slipped a toothpick out of its case and popped it between her teeth as she weaved her way through the crowd.

"Hey, scuze me,"
    she said, slipping past Striker to stand next to Leo.

prime sight, pot 1
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-27 02:21:08 Avis rolls 4 to Take 2 Prime Sight (wits3+occ1+prime1-1) (10 Again) 3, 1, 8, 6 1 success
      mental shield, pot 1
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-27 02:02:27 Someone rolls 3 to Misperception+Mental Sheild (Gnos3+mind3-3) (10 Again) 2, 8, 5 1 success
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

9. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post

Jonokuchi

PRE

As he looked for a place to sit and wait, Jonokuchi stood motionless as his head slowly turned in a circle. He knew he didn't need to look with his eyes, not really, but sometimes it was nice to go back to the old ways.

And then he felt like an amateur all over again.

He sighed as he forgot his training. Forming another Imago in his mind, he attempted to unleash his Mage Sight but nothing happened.

"Damn," he cursed in his native tongue. A second attempt and the ripples in Space were his to bear witness.

It also showed him the gathering of Mages near the door. With a sigh, the sumo Warlock lumbered over to them, making his way through any crowd. He towered over the gathered Awakened and in usual blunt fashion, opened his mouth.

"I read the notice. I am interested in talking further."

Spatial Awareness
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-27 08:32:27 Jonokuchi rolls 4 to Gnosis + Space -1 (10 Again) 9, 2, 6, 7 1 success
    2014-05-27 08:31:14 Jonokuchi rolls 5 to Gnosis + Space (10 Again) 7, 2, 1, 6, 7 failure

Autolycus

"Yes," he says, tweaking his sleeves. That could have been anything, a nervous tic, a secret sign, his subtle way of showing that he's not hiding anything up his sleeves. "I saw the flier in the break room at the Museum, wanted to find out more." It's said nonchalantly, his affiliation put out so Lockheart would have a general idea of which the three requested skills he'd be most likely to know the most about.

He watched everyone else make their way over with variable levels of subtlety or grace. The Australian obviously wasn't referring to him since they hadn't ever spoken before, the woman's quick greeting seemed more for Lockheart's benefit than anyone else's and the large man said what everyone else was obviously attending the meeting for. "Evening," he says, putting his hands up non-threateningly and making a little space in the middle of the group so they could have some air. "I'm Autolycus." Just an introduction for now, since it was a reasonably large group now. He didn't want to get things going in case Lockheart had something planned for the meeting, but he'd feel a little better if they were inside.

Leo Lockheart

PRE

With everyone assembled Leo was in a bit of a better mood. Neophytes were obviously represented, but they pulled their heads out of their respective asses before Leo moved on. A little guidance and they could be useful, they just obviously didn't get the sort of Magic 101 Leo thought all mages got.

A shrug and Leo smiles. "So for those of you wondering, yes, I'm Leo Lockheart and I think you are all here for the same reason." He opens the door and proceeds to lead them into the restaurant and to... a line. Of Sleepers? Yeah, no spell work on them. Probably not the expected coarse of action, but Leo had his reasons. "So what brings you all to Sacramento? And why did you want to throw your lot in with me?"

The First Talon focused on the group instead of the surrounding tables and people, occasionally biting his lower lip as the smell of a passer by's meal reaches his nose. This man was hungry.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread