Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Under Control) Lucky Catch

May 1, 2014 : (Under Control) Appearing Act
(Under Control) Nox
May 21, 2014 - Jun 22, 2014
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Leo Lockheart

PRE

This scene continues from here.

Leo ran with Coco. Leo ran far with Coco. After many turns Leo cut into The Lucky Cafe, taking a seat at the table in the back. He waved Coco over as he started going through the bag. Once the camera was in hand he opened his mouth to speak, but instead decides to make the conversation extra safe. With a quick thought he reached out to his Watchtower, bending the sounds around the table back in on themselves. Hopefully it wasn't necessary, but it would keep out any eavesdroppers.

"Here." Leo says as he hands her bag back. "So why did you want this so bad again?" He holds up the camera before trying to peak at the pictures himself.

roll and stuff

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

The entire way to the Cafe, Coco was occupied with frantically trying to figure out just what she should do. When she'd agree to help Neil her task had been simple. Now there was this strange third party that might or might not be working for Them. And even if they were working for Them, they might be unaware of it. That thought certainly added an uncomfortable dimension to what Neil had done to the cameraman. Before she'd seen the body, seen the blood, the man had been just an enemy in her mind. It was the same for the man sitting across from her. When the red-head had said she was working for Them and then he had grabbed her, she had been ready to label him enemy, but his current behavior seemed rather benign. She supposed she should try and reason with him and learn more about the situation first. Now that she had her weapon back, she could afford to drop her armor of lies. Partially, at least. She would be making a gamble but now that she was armed and unmolested she felt her confidence return.

"Oh man, after all that running my knee is sore. Really should have asked you to slow down. I probably tore something again," she lied, pulling her cane out of the bag and resting it across her lap. She brushed sweat off of her brown, pretending to wince, and glanced around the cafe before meeting the man's stare.

"Ok, look. I'm not sure how involved you are in all this, but you've stumbled into some shit. Shit with consequences," Coco continued, keeping her voice low. "If you don't know why I want that camera than you are in some trouble. It's never a good sign when the boss lady doesn't tell you what's going on. So why don't you be straight with me and I'll pay the same courtesy back to you. Why do you think your boss wants the camera?"

1 success to lie about knee
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-22 00:01:23 Coco rolls 6 to LIE! (social stat+subterfuge) (10 Again) 2, 3, 10, 5, 4, 1, 3 1 success
       1 success to persuade leo to be open
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-22 00:20:19 Coco rolls 3 to persuasion! (social stat+persuasion) (10 Again) 3, 1, 8 1 success
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

3. Likes Origins, Sirith, West liked this post

Leo Lockheart

PRE

"Sure it is." Leo said somewhat amused at her little lie. "Your knee is sore and I'm the President of Sacramento."

He rolls his eyes before she continues into something that does seem to bother him. "Okay, so that wasn't some random stabbing? Cool." Leo shakes his head. "The red head isn't my boss, she's a friend, and the only thing I know about is that I just saw a guy die and you immediately showed up. I couldn't catch the mime that stabbed him, but he did lead the first witness away so you could loot this." He shakes the hand the camera was in. "You say I'm in trouble, which is reason to tread lightly, but now I have to ask if you're in trouble. Or if my red headed friend is." At this point he seemed sincerely concerned, way more for Ariadne, but still concerned. "So why don't you start explaining what's going on, starting with this camera."

He leaned back in his seat, pondering if she was talking about some stupid thugs or if the ominous consequences were more supernatural. He took a second and stared at the woman, analyzing her resonance.

rolls and stuff

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

Coco studied Leo carefully while he talked, looking for any hint of deception. Her eyes weren't the keenest at spotting the waves of emotion that rippled across peoples faces but being an excellent liar herself, she knew the signs to look for in others. None of the signs were there. He was either an exceptional deceiver or he was telling the truth. She would assume the latter for now, though she would try to continue to speak carefully.

"The guy using that camera was spying on people. Spying on them for very, very bad people. So yeah, I'm in trouble, and you're lady friend sure as shit is. She said she was there to make a pickup from the camera guy so she's involved with the fucked up people. And before you say anything, I know you think the mime is fucked up people, and he is a bit crazy, but he was trying to protect the people being spied on. I'm not trying to say what he did was right, or good, but it's important that the people the camera-guy was working for do not get those photographs."

2 successes to resist persuasion
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-22 01:36:33 Coco rolls 3 to resist persuasion! (social stat+persuasion) (10 Again) 6, 10, 4, 8 2 successes

3 successes to convince Leo that They are BAD people
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-22 01:47:11 Coco rolls 3 to persuasion! (social stat+persuasion) (10 Again) 10, 3, 10, 1, 9 3 successes
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

6. Likes Origins, Sirith liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Leo studies the redhead in front of him, and slowly focuses on the aura rather than the person. Vibrant hues whorl and spin before his eyes, revealed by his Sight. Whatever she is, she is extraordinary​.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo's head cocked to the side in confusion. Super but not like him. Interesting.

"Sooo, trouble?" Leo was familiar with it. Not with this instance, but he was running out of places to hide already. "We talking gang violence or your type of trouble?" The emphasis was placed just right to tell Coco he knew...something.

Leo thinks he's in trouble, 1 suxx to get Coco to keep talking
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-27 21:36:57 Leo rolls 3 to convince Coco to keep talking (Manip+Pers). (10 Again) 10, 3, 7, 4 1 success
    2014-05-26 01:18:25 Leo rolls 3 to not be persuaded (10 Again) 5, 2, 4 failure

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Coco's Mien

Mantle:

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

Coco looked at Leo sideways, brow furrowing in concern. The idea that he knew about what she was was more than just unpleasant.

"Probably the most correct utterance would be that it's everyone's trouble," she said carefully. "But I might be able to give you a better answer if you let me have a look at the camera. I'm not going to take it again. I'll just thumb through a few pictures, see if anything stands out."

2 successes to persuade leo to hand over the Camera
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-27 22:01:27 Coco rolls 3 to gimme dat camera (social+persuasion) (10 Again) 9, 3, 8 2 successes
      2 successes to resist
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-27 22:00:40 Coco rolls 3 to resist persuasion! (social stat+persuasion) (10 Again) 8, 8, 4 2 successes

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo raises an eyebrow at the request. He didn't think she'd try and run, at least not this time. At the same time, if their was Veil piercing evidence on the camera handing it over was not an option. Especially to something like her.

"Better idea." Leo said as he started to look through the camera. He made sure to keep it facing him so the woman couldn't see. "Why don't you tell me more about you. Like what exactly you are? Is your condition related to any of this? Is the mime like you?"

Keep the camera, 3 suxx to get Coco to talk about her condition
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-28 21:04:02 Leo Lockheart rolls 6 to get Coco to talk about her 'condition' (Manip+Pers) (10 Again, WillPower) 6, 9, 5, 5, 2, 10, 9 3 successes
    2014-05-28 21:01:46 Leo Lockheart rolls 3 to not be persuaded (10 Again) 1, 8, 9 2 successes

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Getting Coco to reveal her Nature will follow Extended Persuasion rules in the style of Seduction.

Leo's target number to Convince is 2X Coco's Resolve, rolling Manipulation + Persuasion
    * Roll 1 accumulates 3 Successes

Coco's target number to Resist is 2X Leo's Presence, rolling Wits + Composure + 5 (Having sworn Freehold Oath as modifier)
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Coco's Mien

Mantle:

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

Coco pursed her lips, and looked flatly at Leo, masking her unease beneath annoyance. Under the table her hands gripped her cane tighter.

"I understand that trust is important in cultivating relations, like we're doing now, so it would you behoove you to trust me a bit more. Like most people, I'm more than I appear, but I don't have some special condition. Not unless you consider daring to do what must be done, or being quite excellent at doing the daring, to be a condition. What about you? What might your condition be?"

7 successes to resist
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-29 00:56:05 Coco rolls 11 to No talkie! (wits+comp+5) (10 Again) 1, 8, 7, 2, 3, 3, 10, 5, 9, 9, 8, 10, 9 7 successes

1 success to appear composed
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-29 01:20:09 Coco rolls 6 to social stat and subterfuge (10 Again) 7, 8, 5, 1, 3, 1 1 success

13. Likes West liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread