Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(C Tears) Launching Pad

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

'The flower shop' as Jennifer had referred to it was a rather plain room with a register, a main store room and a back green house where flowers were in bloom. There was a large work table in the room, set with four chairs.
    It was clear that Jennifer had been sitting at the work table prior to letting you inside. Freshly trimmed Blue Convolvulus (minor) lay upon white tissue paper, beside sprigs of baby's breath. A white print out had the definition of 'repose' set aside.

Sheet with definition

Jennifer answers the door for the gentlemen and gestures for them to step inside. Once they have, she closes and locks the door.
    "Please, be seated." Jennifer indicates the three chairs at the square work table, choosing the chair with the flower arrangement in progress for herself. Who would sit beside her or across from her? Jennifer runs a finger along the petal of the flower as she speaks.

"Last night was exciting." She states to Sir Baldwin. "It got away from us, didn't it?" Her tone was neutral, choosing words that had no blame. Tonight her voice was a rich alto, just within the range for a woman; if somewhat deeper than expected.

"Lets use tonight as a launching pad to what we're going to do. There's no need to chase Carlos down the street. Quite frankly, I'm a little embarrassed by how last night unraveled. We went out on a fact finding mission. We have discovered that Carlos strikes first when confronted. He doesn't stick around when confronted by three unknowns."

She glances to the gentlemen, curious to their opinions.

Cross Jaqen

ooc
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

2. Likes West liked this post

Katsuro Tomori

Tonight found August looking notably different. That calm, almost sociopathic like serenity, that sense of self righteous assuredness that radiated from his very core the night before seemed gone. Back was the relaxed, easy going Ventrue that the Madame Notary had come to know over the last few nights.

"I've learned I want to flay him slowly and make him my blood doll for the rest of eternity." okay...maybe easy going was a little to much to say. Clearly the Ventrue took this one personally.

"Harming a woman? Fleeing confrontation like a child....oh he'll regret all of that in short order..." Vindictively calm. That might be a better word for it.

"We've tried the easy way." he looked to the two, clearly his position was clear as to what he wanted to do, but how oh how do we enact it?
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"It may allow us to access court records to see if restraining orders or arrest warrants were made to a Carlos." Jennifer mused. "But we have the same situation of narrowing down his identity. We did not suceed in getting a photograph or last name. Sir Baldwin, do your contacts need these things or shall they function all right without?"

"I wasn't terribly surprised that he attacked, "
    Jennifer mentioned. "- but by his strength. He's more formidable than I first thought."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

P
    Peter Baldwin

Peter smiled slightly at her question, having sat beside the Notary. "It certainly was an interesting evening," he said, equally neutrally as his eyes flicked over to Galloway. The fact that the Ventrue had lost himself to the Fear really had made things clumsy. "I agree. Chasing him down the street is exercise. We have much more subtle ways to get to him, I am certain."

He looked to the Priscus of Clan Ventrue for a long moment as the fellow explored the violence he wished to visit upon Carlos. "Master Galloway, my thought is that we must acquire him such that he cannot avoid your Lordly words," he said thoughtfully, ignoring the Lord's mutterings. "I may be able to make this happen."

Sir Baldwin's reply to Hazelton was preceded by a slight smile. "Madam Notary, a man such as that will have word on the street out about him, I am certain. A photograph would have been helpful, but not necessarily required. Please, allow me a couple of hours to make some calls. I will see what I have at that point and report back to you."

The Knight rose, and stepped aside to begin making calls...

Sir Baldwin calls his Allies (Criminals), seeking information on Carlos P., his drug ring at the Asylum, and who he is connected to/working for. He describes the big, teddy-bearlike fellow and his place of work. Carlos P.'s identity, address, and close associates would also be highly useful.

If there are any caps on the number of rolls permitted, please use the appropriate rolls. I've made two hours worth

Extended, 10 minutes per roll per West, 2 hours spent investigating. 24 successes if all rolls are permitted.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-20 14:25:05 [06] Sir Baldwin rolls 7 to Manip+Streetwise+Allies (10 Again) 10, 3, 9, 10, 6, 6, 8, 6, 8 5 successes
    2014-05-20 14:25:05 [05] Sir Baldwin rolls 7 to Manip+Streetwise+Allies (10 Again) 2, 4, 6, 1, 4, 5, 7 failure
    2014-05-20 14:25:05 [04] Sir Baldwin rolls 7 to Manip+Streetwise+Allies (10 Again) 10, 4, 2, 5, 9, 1, 8, 5 3 successes
    2014-05-20 14:25:05 [03] Sir Baldwin rolls 7 to Manip+Streetwise+Allies (10 Again) 2, 2, 1, 5, 8, 1, 7 1 success
    2014-05-20 14:25:05 [02] Sir Baldwin rolls 7 to Manip+Streetwise+Allies (10 Again) 7, 2, 3, 9, 8, 6, 9 3 successes
    2014-05-20 14:25:05 [01] Sir Baldwin rolls 7 to Manip+Streetwise+Allies (10 Again) 10, 10, 10, 1, 5, 7, 2, 7, 1, 9 4 successes
    2014-05-20 14:24:54 Kite rolls 9 to Casting 'Third Eye' and Misperception' (Gno + Mind + HS - 2) (10 Again) 9, 6, 9, 3, 2, 7, 2, 5, 3 2 successes
    2014-05-20 14:24:16 [06] Sir Baldwin rolls 7 to Manip+Streetwise+Allies (10 Again) 5, 1, 4, 1, 2, 9, 6 1 success
    2014-05-20 14:24:16 [05] Sir Baldwin rolls 7 to Manip+Streetwise+Allies (10 Again) 4, 9, 5, 9, 2, 6, 5 2 successes
    2014-05-20 14:24:16 [04] Sir Baldwin rolls 7 to Manip+Streetwise+Allies (10 Again) 8, 1, 6, 2, 5, 6, 10, 8 3 successes
    2014-05-20 14:24:16 [03] Sir Baldwin rolls 7 to Manip+Streetwise+Allies (10 Again) 1, 9, 2, 1, 7, 4, 3 1 success
    2014-05-20 14:24:16 [02] Sir Baldwin rolls 7 to Manip+Streetwise+Allies (10 Again) 6, 3, 3, 4, 1, 3, 7 failure
    2014-05-20 14:24:16 [01] Sir Baldwin rolls 7 to Manip+Streetwise+Allies (10 Again) 7, 3, 7, 3, 8, 2, 2 1 success
    West

Katsuro Tomori

"Agreed, Sir Baldwin..." he said, stopping his outward mutterings and reasserting a placid internal monologue. Perhaps he was indulging his beast to much at the moment...there would be time for that later.

"And I would ask forgiveness for my lackings last night. I am lethal in a boardroom, but it seems my forte does not apply on these modern streets as easily...I'm used to having those in need of questioning brought to me, not the other way around...perhaps that was where things were miscalculated. I hope I can count on your discretion?" he asked the Madame Notary as Sir Baldwin stepped aside to make his calls. If he was right about his hunch for Sir Baldwins clan, he hoped the Priscus' word would likely extend to the good Knight.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

After some time on the phone, Peter learns that Carlos works around the Asylum, and is known to party with some of the waitresses at after hours clubs.

He did get one interesting tidbit, though: Carlos P sells mollys, not krokodil -- but is known to be well connected.

OOC
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"Of course, Sir Baldwin. I will be here for some time; return when you are able."

Jennifer turns to the Daeva Priscus.

"Do not worry, Master Galloway. The most established Kindred could be brought low by a flame.

If anything, this was a learning experience for both of us."
    Jennifer continues. "I certainly didn't start my to - do list with 'get punched in the stomach by someone that I wouldn't even drink from'. "
    Jennifer smiles slightly, to show that she was in good humor and not brooding. Jennifer took care in this conversation to express herself with visual cues to assist Master Galloway's understanding of her words. Twelve years of dansing could make one forget to use those facial muscles.

" We know each others' strengths and weaknesses better than we did before. My social graces were not in fine form tonight. I wouldn't be too pleased if a Harpy were to joke about my performance. "

Jennifer mentioned conversationally. She hopes that Master Galloway sees the reference to her own embarrassing encounter to mean that she does not wish to embarrass him. Perhaps he would detect that she has even extended something that he could use over her in the encounter with Carlos as an 'insurance' of sorts. It wasn't an opening Jennifer would extend often... or perhaps ever again. Yet this was a task for the Invictus, to help all three of them secure the Invictus' position. Jennifer felt that there should not be wasted effort to investigate what the harpies were saying about each other in addition to this task.

Jennifer now refocused her attention on the future of the task.

"We'll have to keep a sharp eye out to ensure that we haven't caused a ripple effect at the club. For one, you and I should not go back there - not without substantial disguise. Carlos has seen the two of us. I'm unsure if he has associates that he can summon - enforcers or some such. I wouldn't like to be caught unawares.

I would like to continue surveillance on the club perhaps; or maybe on Carlos' dwelling in a nights' time or so. If we spooked him substantially, he may castle up."

Jennifer looks to Master Galloway; a natural pause in conversation for his input.
    Cross Jaqen

9. Likes West, Jaqen liked this post
    P
    Peter Baldwin

Baldwin thanks his friends. So, Carlos P. was connected, was he? He was a man who could provide them with a lead, the Knight was sure - but as it turned out, Peter B. was connected, too. There were ways of getting good information. He just needed some money to get the wheels turning.

"I am sorry to interrupt, Madam Priscus - my allies did not have a great deal of new information yet, but I am advised that Carlos P. is a dealer of ecstasy, not krokodil. It stands to reason that I could pay some of my associates to look into who is responsible for the krokodil infestation at Asylum on our behalf to find better leads as to who is truly behind this. It keeps us at arms' length from the dealings, which insulates us from risk to the Masquerade." He paused, coming to the ask. "Two thousand, five hundred dollars would get us decent help. Five thousand, better."

The Knight looked to each. "Do either of you have the wealth available?"

Sir Baldwin was not a rich man. That was not his purpose. But they were of Society. Cash flowed freely for them, did it not?

Per WoD Core pp. 115, Resources 3 can cover $2,000.00 and Baldwin can chip in $500.00 from his resources. Resources 4 would be required to cover $5,000.00.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer inclines her head slightly to Sir Baldwin as he enters, rising to secure and lock the door. She lingers at the window, glancing outside to see if her shops parking lot had any unusual activity. She considers Sir Baldwin's words for a few moments, rolling them in her head. What were resources for if not for furthering the first Estate?

"I have some wealth that I can contribute." Jennifer states, reclaiming her seat at the table.

"You are certain that this contribution will get us the information that we require? How well can they delve into his business?"

P
    Peter Baldwin

"One can never be certain, entirely, but what they will do is something different. They will note Carlos P.'s possible involvement, but look deeper and more broadly into the situation as a whole, and specifically be looking into finding out who is responsible for the krokodil. At the very least, perhaps they will provide a lead that may allow us to bypass Carlos."

Criminals liked money.

"One thing is certain. My connections run deep, Madam Notary. I think we will not regret this investment."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread