Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Wiki Bounties

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Wiki bounties are returning!

The idea is simple: summarize a Scene or Story, submit it for a approval, and get 'global' XP. Global XP can be used on any character a player has. The Scenes should be part of a Story (plot) or a faction (Order, Clan, etc) or society (Court, Consilium, etc) meeting. In other words -- relevant to more than just a couple of people. Special interest/vanity pages get done on your own dime

However! Only 5XP per month from Wiki work may be applied to a given character. This ensures that role-play remains the focus of how characters gain XP. A player can do as much wiki work as they like: if they have 3 characters, they can earn 15XP and apply 5XP to each.

Scene or Story summaries will be graded. The last time we did this with a flat rate, we got some preeettttty sketchy articles. Articles can earn from 1-5 XP each.

This is a good example of Story summary:
    http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Awakening_Continuum
    As you can see, roadnottaken has summarized all the Scenes that went into the Story and provided links.

Here's a good example of Scene summary: http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/To_the_Point
    Cayce summarized a single scene, and there are references to specific quotes.

As you can guess, much more effort goes into a Story summary than a Scene summary -- usually. Massive Scenes like Vampire Court, Changeling Freehold, Mage Consilium, etc, require much more effort than typical Scenes. The XP payout will be commensurate to the amount of effort that goes into the article.

When you complete a Story or Scene, post a link in this thread, and it will be graded -- publicly, so there's total transparency.

Questions? Fire away!
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

C
    Cross

Thanks for your advice on how to proceed, West. Since I'm actively involved in the story, I've summarized the scenes in Crocodile Tears. It's my first go at this, so let me know if I should make any changes for form or style!

Here it is. I'll keep updating it as scenes finish.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

This is great news

I will start doing the Who's Your Priscus Court today.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

A question: How does one add links to scenes to a page?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Thanks for your advice on how to proceed, West. Since I'm actively involved in the story, I've summarized the scenes in Crocodile Tears. It's my first go at this, so let me know if I should make any changes for form or style!

Here it is. I'll keep updating it as scenes finish.
    Lookin' good

Another thing that can be done is using the REF tag to call out specific posts or quotes to make things pop.

I added an example to the first section, Setting the Stage.

C
    Cross

I have the Sorting Through the Aftermath thread in Mage.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

It's best to declare, I think, so that multiple people don't work on setting up one summary, wasting someone's efforts. Afterwards, of course, whoever can edit

By the way, the Who's Your Priscus Court summary is done. I'll make a few editorial passes later to make the text flow better but the content won't change:
    http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Court...s_Your_Priscus

As a sidenote, West, you were right. Wiki is a lot of work.

9. Likes West, Wod.Infant liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

lol yes it is.

Looks good, although it could use some proofreading. Also remember the strength of a wiki is being able to bounce from page to page. There's a lot of things that could use links (Nox, Lily, domain titles, Clan names, Regent titles, Regency locations, the thread to the domain contest referred to, mask of tranquility, claws, etc).

Usually what I'll do is link the first occurrence of a topic, then skip the rest. You've just kind of got to go at it like someone who doesn't have all the info that you personally know.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Also Matamune ... there's some stuff in here that could really use links. When you refer to something, and someone wants to know more about the reference, there's nowhere for them to bounce to:

- Redfill's Regency Contest, referred to
    - Prieto losing Ack, referred to
    - Emma exiled to Barrens, referred to
    - Emma baring Claws, referred to

Could you dig up links and add them in REF tags?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread