Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(OPEN) Bunny Ranch

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Oh, good.

For a few moments, he'd been worried they were going to talk about... eating. The notion thoroughly revolted him. It had been decades since he'd done so, and the last solid thing he'd swallowed had been trying pills before he'd learned he'd have to take them... indirectly.

Cozette gave a definitive nod at each order, then swayed off to procure the drinks. They'd looked, so she swayed.

There was the faintest hint of a curious smile from Asa at Harold's order. He was entirely familiar with the drink, having ordered one a few nights ago. A refined drink, to be sure, but one he generally associated with the fairer sex. Much like a BMW 3-series -- it just seemed out of place with a man. He would have even bet that Harold would have ordered as Redfill did. Being surprised was interesting.

He managed to keep a straight face when Michael asked Harold if he'd been to the parks. It was the first time he'd interacted with the man at length, so he wasn't sure if he had a sublime sense of humor or if it were an innocent question. Granted, the physical limitations Harold's appearance suggested at didn't necessarily apply to his undead state -- but they did suggest a sedentary lifestyle in life that had probably not changed in death. It was his experience that immortality tended to expand one's interests, rather than reverse them.

Asa gave the smallest of shakes of his head, a polite decline of the suggestion of sampling. Other than that, he was content to listen to the men speak, clearly attentive and interested in their conversation.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

2. Likes Wod.Infant liked this post

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Edwin took Velma's extended hand, lowering his face to it but dared not actually kiss it. That would have been too much. He did keep his hazel eyes on tempting lady however. "A pleasure, honestly," he added, standing straight once more, his eyes moving over to Eve before commenting with a smile, "Awesome place you manage, Miss Masters."

Happy to be led by such fine ladies, Edwin took a seat, idly wondering if Velma's legs were actually sculpted from marble.

The mention of the bunny tattoo caused Edwin to laugh, an open sound that came deep from inside. Without a word, he extended his left leg so both ladies could see and pulled up his pants to reveal his calf. It was a patchwork of various designs elegantly flowing together, but in the center was one in particular.

Rabbit Tattoo

"What can I say? I'm inspired by powerful female figures."
    Scenes

Martha Villiers

PRE

Tiny Martha, still hesitant, hobbles down the stairs to join the throng down below.

Taking each step with care. Her bunny ears wobble in time with her limp.

She'd taken great effort to dress well and look presentable...a dab of lipstick...a blush of rouge...a pink cosplay wig...fishnets...her C-Leg was fixed tight...but still managed to malfunction and caused her to limp as if she wore a peg leg.

Blush of Life -1 Vitae

Martha also invoked her Blush of Life as she descended the stairs.

Watching the crowd and listening to the music, she watched the legs of those nearby and smiled to anyone who caught her eye.

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

Michael drums a simple beat on the table with his fingers as they wait for Cozette to come back with their drinks. It also takes him a while to ponder Harold’s words.

“I’ll be sure to think about it when you issue the invitation. For me it is all about the crowd and the novelty”, - after all, who would refuse free excruciating Ordo training? He’d have to mention this party to other Dragons as an alternative to a night spent in the Physical Restraint Room.

Definitely not Gangrel or Ordo. Judging by his appetites and extravagancy, I’d say Daeva or Ventrue. The outlook doesn’t match Spear or Crone. Invictus, Carthian or Unaligned? The constant ‘my dears’ don’t match Invictus. Carthian? With that level of refinement? Maybe Unaligned?

Epicureanism, 3xx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-04-25 09:46:01 Michael Redfill rolls 8 to know about Epicureanism (Int + Acad) (1s Subtract) 9, 2, 4, 9, 10, 1, 10, 4 3 successes
    He keeps it all behind a polite smile while he recalls what he knows about the particular school of ancient Greek philosophy that Mr. Thorne mentions:

“Epicureanism is a very particular brand of hedonism though, isn’t it? It’s much closer to Buddhism than anything else, defining maximum pleasure as a state of mental tranquility combined with freedom from physical pain”, - he punctuates his point with a sharp tap, - “How do you find that moderation then – that is the question”.

Or do you simply call self-indulgence Epicureanism like so many other men before you did?

Again he leaves some pauses and his gaze casually drifts over to the Prince once in a while wondering whether he’d like to join the conversation and what his agenda is. It may be just boredom alleviation but who knows...
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

W
    Walker

Harold nodded along as Micheal described the fundaments of the Epicurean Telos, pleased that he had at last found common ground between him and what seemed to be his new intellectual sparring partner. He matched Micheal smile for smile, although his might have a touch of shark about it.

Good, good. At least you know what you're talking about. To answer your question, I find balance comes time and commitment, there is a limit, after all, to how much I can guard myself, I cannot bribe chance or command my subconscious fears, but I can secure myself, at least partially, against the whims of chance or the artifice of man. The fears fade as I guard myself from pain, why fear a gunman, for example, when you have two of your own behind him? And as to tranquility, I find it in the times when the world fades, the past losses substance and I forget my care for the future, till there is just an eternal present, the finest tastes on my tongue, the conversation of my friends warming my ears, the whole world a harmony of beautiful sensation. As to moderation, those moments of perfection are rare to begin with, and to force them would be both a sacrelige and a folly. It would be like tearing up an Old Master landscape to use as hankerchiefs. I might have quite an appetite, but it is for quality, not quantity. Although my scales might have a different opinion. I hope that is a suitable answer for you." His expression turned contemplative breifly as he finished his little monologue with a soliloquy. "Although I might just be a damned hypocrite looking for platitudes to justify a little decadence. It never pays to overestimate the ability of a mind to lie to itself."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

For a few moments, Asa's attention was caught by the appearance of Martha. He watched for a few moments, and when she looked his way, he gave a solemn and respectful nod. It wasn't just a greeting, but an acknowledgment of her accomplishment.

Then he bounced his eyebrows and gave her a wink.

Women didn't dress like that of their own accord unless they wanted to be looked at, and appreciated.

As Cozette reappeared and dispensed their drinks before moving away for their privacy, he turned his attention back towards the conversation between the two men. It sounded like his brief flirtation with Tantra in the Seventies. Asa could almost hear a peal of laughter and see a set of eyes rolling.

Really, he'd just always enjoyed sex.

"Forgive my ignorance,"
    he said, leaning in slightly. "You mentioned moderation and not forcing moments," Asa explained, gesturing towards Harold.

"Forcing perfection seems like an awfully lot of work," he continued, giving his best worthless dilettante roll of the eyes. "But when it's not? If an opportunity presents itself, aren't we obligated to enjoy it? Or are we obligated to deny ourselves? Then again, I think of moderation as restraint, rather than lack of effort -- but, again, that could be my own ignorance."

Asa raised his glass and tasted the drink, eyes roving over the rim of the glass to study the Easter Bunnies.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

8. Likes Chrisie, Forn Clakes liked this post

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

”As all men should be…” The succubus allows a soft giggle to escape, for just a moment Velma surveys the room again and all of a sudden she stops laughing, wide eyed as if struck by lightning or something similar.

She seems to be admiring Martha, her eyes seem to follow her every move, her peg leg and her struggle.

There is silence for a moment.

”Speaking of powerful female figures…” There is a distinct intonation to her voice that makes it noticeable she is talking about Martha.

”Have you happened to cross paths with Martha?”
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Following Velma's eyes with his own, Edwin was perhaps more shocked to see Martha in her evening attire. Admittedly, the first time he met the petite woman, she had been dressed in a black cape and leather boots, but seeing her like this seemed to expose more of Miss Villiers than he was used to.

Now he knew why she had the limp.

"I certainly have," Edwin stated, forcing his stare away and looking back to Velma and Eve. "The lemonade was very nice. Miss Villiers also introduced me to Dr. French."

Pausing there, it seemed the Lord was waiting to hear if Velma had anything to say about the Doctor.
    Scenes

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha was struggling along and hoped not to bump into anything. She was glad to have practiced in her high heels.

Smiling, she became bashful at Asa's nod and wink and she wobbled her ears in a playful acknowledgement of his wink.

Ah...there was one of the new Regents too. Micheal was offered an ear waggling nod of greeting.

Making her way closer to him and the gathered throng, she smiled to Velma and studied Velma's legs with great....care.

Her own C-Leg was still stiff and immobile but she refused to regret leaving her cane upstairs.

Martha nodded to Cozette and Eva and caught only fragments of the conversations about her as she approached.

"Good evening, ladies...gentlemen!" she nodded with a sincere formality to greet those gathered nearby of every rank and esteem.

"I hope the night finds you all well!" she chirped as she adjusted her spectacles with a delicate and demur finger-tipped, gesture.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

W
    Walker

Harold smoothly segued from Micheal to the Prince, not a flicker in his features to suggest anything else than respectful attentiveness. He pondered for a second, sipping his drink while his thick fingers beat a tattoo on the arm of his chair. He set his drink down and replied carefully to the prince. "Think of it in terms of making wine, or perhaps a seduction. You could rush matters, force things to an early conclusion, but despite a sometimes unique product, it is usually far beneath what you would have obtained if you waited until it reached that point of it's own accord. Despite what you say about moderation, sometimes it takes more will to do nothing rather than act on your impulses. Sometimes there is a pleasure in the anticipation itself, I could say more, but I belive our surroundings illustrate my point emphatically enough." He gestured to the scantily clad dancers and waitresses by way of emphasis.

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread