Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Levels of Knowledge

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

"The Fourth Protocol basically states that mages defer to those more knowledgable than themselves. Or at least that they should." Orpheus picks up. "Our political systems need to recognize magical skill, and that sense of deference should carry into the more informal day to day activities."

"This Protocol encourages more experienced Mages to participate, with the responsibilty of instructing their lessers." There's a sense of a deferential nod in Orpheus' demeanor, and after a moment he continues "I also see the Fourth Protocol as a way of... well, establishing a sort of chain of command so to speak..." Not exactly the tone he wanted to get through with that, but too late to fix that now. "Making a decision using incomplete or false information is a recipe for disaster, so in deferring to those more knowledgable than ourselves in important situations, we're always making the most informed decisions we can."

C
    Casitive

Sipping from her latte, Tyria sharply nodded as though putting a period to the totality of everyone's responses. Her discerning eyes flickered up, touching upon each of the members of the Caucus. There's a weight to her glance, as though considering the Mystagogues, their fitness, and more importantly, their readiness. “These aren't just empty words; rules passed down from Atlantis that hold no basis. You will see their importance in time.

Tyria sets her latte down.

Neokoros Miach, Neokoros Orpheus, and Neokoros Orobas, what I will ask is simple: are you ready to undertake the Mystery of Principal and Doom?” A certain reverence touches her voice as she intones those words. A devotion and belief in the lesson that lies just within the Mystery. It was as if Tyria was a prophet, or priest, holding a key towards enlightenment.

The Curator lets the question hang and just after their answers tells them, “Then you will find and procure a Bull for the ceremony. Kiko,” Tyria turns towards the Shaman, “I would appreciate your assistance in proctoring the ceremony once they have procured the Noble animal.

Miach

PRE

Even though he hadn't known what to expect from Tyria, it wasn't something like that. Her voice had expressed an emotion ! That gave Miach pause, and the wheels in his head turned furiously, but he just couldn't resist the tantalizing option to go forth.

"I think I am." he said more humbly than he felt.

What she asked next, that he procured a bull, was unexpected, but not unfeasible. It raised a question, though. "I beg you pardon, Curator, but when do you need the bull, please ?" and how the hell will I get it delivered here ? but the Acanthus didn't ask that last question.

Orpheus felt a growing anxiety, spiking as the Curator's eyes passed over him. There was so much to learn, it seemed. He'd been studying, of course, but was he even scratching the surface of the Supurnal now? Orpheus was certainly starting to question what he knew.

"I am." Readiness wasn't exactly a thing Orpheus felt he could measure in himself accurately, but in cases like these wasn't it better to put on some confidence? Eagerness must be tempered with caution, but being too afraid to step into the dark would lead to equally disastrous results.

The following task wasn't exactly what he'd been expecting, though... A... A bull? What? On the surface, it certainly felt random. There was likely a significance to that choice, one that would come to light eventually. He just had to trust Primoria. Fourth Protocol... He reminded himself.

"And... Just one? Or one for the each of us?" Orpheus' question follows promptly after Miach's.

Orobas snaps a quick salute. Inwardly, he's smiling like a school boy that just aced his spelling exam.

"Ready, willing, and able ma'am," he says.

The others ask the more pertinent questions regarding the bull before he can. The journalists stays quiet, waiting to see just how Tyria answers his new comrades before adding to the queries.

6. Likes Sirith liked this post
    k
    kimura

A Bull.. Where in the name of all that is Holy am I going to find a Bull? Oh wait.. They get the Bull.. right?

She nodded slowly "I will Proctor, may I ask though. This would be a symbolic thing, the Bull, yes?"

C
    Casitive

No,” Tyria answers Kiko's question just as simply as that adding, “There is nothing symbolic about this ritual.” Turning her gaze to the rest, “It is up to you to figure out why a Bull and why we consider it a Noble Creature.” Slowly, the Curator's eyes close and open again, “I hope you three will work together in the preparations; I suspect it will be enlightening.

Steam from her latte trails upward in languid spirals; tumbling end over end.

It is not I who needs the Bull; it is you three who do.” Tyria answers Miach while gazing into her latte, “Time and Fate will weave its patterns and when the twins deign to fill the petitioners need, will do so. But only if the petitioners meet the twins half-way.” A beat, then Tyria lifts her gaze, “That said, Orpheus, only one bull will be required of you.

Are there any other questions?

k
    kimura

"No" was her own answer as she stood there inwardly shaking her head wondering if her Mother had dealt with someone equally as annoying when she was new.

Okay, so... Yeah, one of the each of us, three in total. Grand. Orpheus decided. He'd definitely need the other's help just figuring out where to get a bull, let alone getting it into the museum without it shitting all over the place.

Orpheus cleared his throat, and turned his thoughts elsewhere.

So why a bull? He wondered. Strong beasts, to be certain, but what about that made it noble? I'll have to do some reading sometime. Ever the scientific mind, he had a few ideas, but nothing truly justified.

"I've no more questions, Curator." Or at least, none that desperately needed answering immediately. The Obrimos mused that thinking like that wasn't what a Mystagogue should do, and mentally shrugged.

Miach

PRE

"I don't have any." Miach replied deferentially to the Curator.

Or I don't have any that I expect you to answer... he corrected in his mind.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.