Ended
Watch

(1403) Carthian Meeting

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

The Meeting Chamber at the Nox Populi is ready for guests.

The room is free from threat and is well decorated in a classic boardroom style with a large and long polished wooden table. Enough chairs around it to suit a large group and a single Flip-Chart mounted with poster sized paper stands close to the table at the end nearest the door.

This room also has a bright scent of lemons about it.

There are enough chairs at the table for all local Carthians and each table space is set with a yellow legal note pad and a glass tumbler, no doubt to hold freshly made lemonade that sits in the carafe at the center of the table.

The door to the Meeting Chamber is open and all is ready for their planned meeting.

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

2. Likes Wod.Infant liked this post

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

With word out James made his way into the meeting room. He was curious who all would be in attendance, or if it would just be Mr Washington like Martha had said. The Savage was hoping for at least one more to help get the movement started. God knows it sounded like they had a lot of work to do.

The Gangrel came to the meeting in his usual, possibly only semi formal attire. He took a seat at the table facing the door. He silently wondered what company he would find himself with this evening, and how strong the beasts he would have to contend with would be.

James dismissed the thoughts and pulled out his iphone. He contented himself with Angry Birds while he waited for the others.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

Daniel Whitfield stepped into the meeting room fully expecting to be the first one there, only to meet the pleasant experience of a stronger Beast. "Huh, figured I was gonna be the first one here." He remarked as he found a seat "Suffice to say it's good to see another Carthian, I was starting to think I might be the only one." The Mekhet would offer a hand to shake before introducing himself. "Daniel Whitfield."

S
    Santhell

After learning from Ms Villeirs that the Movement was probably dead within Sacramento, the call for the meeting made Alex anxious with the possibility for a new flame. He just grabbed his dark green jacket and went to Nox Populi as fast as he could.

As he enters the Meeting Chamber, Alex is immediately put in front of James Bolton sitting there. He paused with a fearful face, one that transmitted his few contacts with other Beasts until now. Taking his headphones off, and hitting the pause button on his cellphone, Alexanders walks slowly towards Bolton. He looked around, scoping for others besides the Savage, and another guy was there, but wasn't scary as the Gangrel.

Alex was evidently weak. His expression made it even more evident, like a holy man entering hell. That was how he felt every time he met another Kindred, but he made all the efforts that he could to seem confident.

"Hello..." he greeted nearly regretting.

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

James looked up from his phone when Daniel entered the room. He slipped it into his pocket as he realized there was no Beast to respond to, a pleasant surprise. Then a second followed immediately after, to which James's Beast again did not stir. So apparently everyone but the dumb Savage knew that trick.

The Savage rose from his seat and extended his hand to the Shadow. "James Bolton, I've only just arrived a month ago. If I may ask, how long have you been in town?" After pulling his hand back he flicks a look to Weichart, mostly troubled by the fact he swore the man was melting. "Hey. Victor right?" Was all he had to say before sinking back into his seat. He wasn't trying to be rude, but the Haunts always freaked him the fuck out.

"So," He started as he pulled the pad of paper and a pen over. "The Herald has requested we nominate a Covenant Priscus, and I'd like to establish a Prefect and possibly a Myrmidon if their is time." He looks down to the pad before setting his down hand to write. "I'd volunteer for both Priscus and Prefect, but I'd like to hear if any of you have an issue or would like to volunteer as well. Also how do guys fall politically? I'd strongly prefer we maintain a democratic approach to the selection, with the Priscus serving as a representative subject to election to avoid corruption. Should the Prince permit the switch when necessary."

He shrugs before gesturing to the others with his off hand. "Thoughts?"

S
    Santhell

"Alexander Wiechert, but call me Alex" he responded to the Savage, waving to both. The Gangrel was apparently rushing things over. The huge amount of information only made things harder for Alex. He was a prisoner for the most part of his Haunt life, knowing little about the Movement. Of course he knew the roles and the positions of the Carthians and its ideology as well, but he could get a time to know and relate to other members. The Movement was aphonic in Sacramento, a bunch of strangers just choosing roles and voting was not what he imagined and wanted.

Besides all his fear, now was the time he needed to open the mouth. "Please, we are not supposed to be just random guys debating these kind of things." he argued, hoping for a deep involvement. "I'm new to the city, but the word that the Movement doesn't have a meaning here already reached my ears. I don't know about past meetings, but if this is how things were ran, of course the Carthians would grew apart." he added. "First we need to relate in some way to start to want to be working together, don't get me wrong, I just don't want to end in the same place as before. We need to strengthen ourselves as a Covenant, don't you guys think?" he says hesitating, rubbing his stubble, afraid of the reaction of James. Alex was very inclined to Anarchism since his hacking activities had begun, and he knew that without relating with other people with the same objectives, the power of the single is diminished. This lack of involvement was what made his best friend in life go to jail.

"A few months, long enough to find a fair spot and everythjng" Daniel replied. He then nodded civilly towards Alex as the Haunt entered the room. He was glad to see things get to business so quickly, little needless banter required.

"Alex has a point there." Daniel nodded in the Haunt's direction, which was a tad unsettling since from his perspective Alex just about had the consistency of hot wax... Daniel would hate to be a Haunt, he'd also hate to piss one off too, so there was that amount of respect. "We all identify as Carthians, but past that I know somewhere between jack and shit about either of you, pardon my language."

The great thing about Carthians is that while covenant interests coincided past that you could really only trust another Carthian about as far as you could throw them. Vigor infused snide aside, that aspect made it a great incentive to keep each other honest.

"Perhaps before we get to deciding positions so quickly we figure out what each of us wants out of the Movement so we're actually moving somewhere and the Priscus actually has something to represent." Daniel looked from Alex to James. "Mind you, we probably want an organized face to show the other covenants as quickly as possible as well, so let's try to move through these points promptly eh?" Daniel said with a smirk.

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

James shrugged. He preferred to get to business, but as long as it wasn't trivial small talk he could indulge for a while.

"Alright." The Gangrel said as he leaned back in his chair. "I'm of clan Gangrel, I prefer substance to small talk, and my goal for the movement is a Carthian Regency in this city with a sustained presence. I'd like to see a more democratic approach to governance so the fear of elections would keep the more corrupt individuals at bay. In the long term I'd like to see this extended beyond the movement."

He paused a moment while that sank in. It was definitely the short version, but this needed done before court and James wasn't a patient man to begin with. "What about you folks? What are you looking for out of the movement? Since it varies greatly between individuals it might also behoove us to identify our political leanings. I'm obviously in favor of Democracy, but what about you guys?"

S
    Santhell

"I'm not opposite to the Democratic approach, but you know, Democracy is only true with statistics." he says, finding a seat close to Daniel, Alex was a little afraid of the Beast from the Savage. "I think we need first to make the Movement grow, have something to offer to our citizens. We are not like the First Estate, even with few members they hold the power around here, unfortunately we have no power, so numbers are needed." he adds. Maybe some Kindred of the Domain could relate with the Movement, he already heard cases of Dragons seeking theirs faiths and looking forward politically at the same time, the only real problem is the Invictus feudalism. "I know little about the political issues of Sacramento, I'm here for just a week, maybe you guys know something valuable that I don't? I would be glad to hear and learn about our concerns here." he sincerely asks, knowing that he was the newcomer. Putting his ideology apart, he wanted to know Sacramento's political problems from the view of both Vampires.

OOC

D
    DownsideUp

Troy stepped into the meeting room and enjoyed the lemons before his own odor corrupted it.

"Sorry I was late. Traffic accident on the highway." He took a seat at the table as they began their introductions. "Troy McPherson. Please continue. I didn't mean to interrupt."

As each of the participants spoke of power and directions and the Movement, he took careful notes. There were a few flaws with each, but nothing substantial. There was one issue that kept popping up. They were confusing Prisci and Prefects. Still he wasn't about to correct them at his first meeting.

"I do love the idea of a Carthian held regency, and the spread of elections throughout the city, but I think Mr. Wiechert is on the right track. Recruitment has to be the priority. Until then broader goals will be hard to set. What we can do in the meantime, though is work on establishing a haven for Carthians in the city and expanding our respective social networks. All that is required is tenancy. Once the group has tangible assets, and real resources it will be easy to draw in new members and exert change in the domain."

If nothing else it seemed best to have reasonable goals.

"He and I," Troy gestured to Alex, "are from the Nosferatu. We too, are having to rebuild our clan. The process requires patience and hard work. If the Carthian Movement wants to establish itself in Sacramento we need to have the same mindset. Regencies can take years, but recruitment, tenancy, and a collective haven are attainable in the near future if we work together."

In Troy's mind they weren't in a position for grand declarations of ideology. They had to be practical if they were going to survive.

Sorry for being out of the loop. I didn't see that this was starting in time. I'll be active for the remainder of the thread. Thanks Santhell for bringing them up to speed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread