Ended
Watch

Ack: August Galloway

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

One of the more useful Elysian staff helps out new arrivals by discreetly directly Kindred towards The Stairs.

The Stairs lead away from the mortal nightclub to a subterranean area set aside for Kindred use...

Anyone descending The Stairs will detect the tangy aroma of freshly squeezed lemons wafts up from the sub-space.

Once at the foot of The Stairs a new arrival can see the layout more properly.

http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Avalon_Underground

In the cellar vault beneath the nightclub the lights are low. The silence is almost tangible.

A calm atmosphere prevails.

Recessed lamps cast a soft glow and the bright and rich scent of freshly made lemonade and squeezed lemons fills the air.

A Latin motto is inscribed over the doorway as one descends The Stairs. It reads in delicate silver lettering: "Per Ardua Ad Astra" ~ through struggle, to the Stars.

The Court area is decorated with long black and purple silken drapes cascading from floor to ceiling. Draped in elegant bunches and gathered into valances across door frames and between supporting pillars.

There's a rich and lingering scent of exotic rose incense; the lighting is intentionally low.

A delicately painted pattern and illustrations of ancient and strange Zodiacs adorn the ceiling.

Adorning the walls and carefully lit are truly large digital prints of NASA's renderings of the largest galactic entities and the very farthest reaches of Deep Space.

Martha's costume and attire for the evening seems almost fully black. A long velvet hooded cloak. Her cane is resting across her lap. She's shunned her Blush of Life.

As she sits, it's obvious that she's probably wearing a pair of thigh high boots. Her sturdy leather gloves are, however, more obvious.

To those initiated into the mysteries of the Marvel Universe Martha's dressed as Selene, the psychic vampire Black Queen of the Hellfire Club.

There are two coffee tables in front of her.

One is laden with legal pads, hand written notes, printed out copies of maps of Sacramento and copies of many US newspapers and various academic periodicals.

The other coffee table has Martha bent over it. She's engrossed in placing parts of a 'Fine Molds' 1:144 scale model of the Millennium Falcon together with great care...

Jaqen

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

2. Likes Wolven Pryde liked this post

Katsuro Tomori

A man who looked like he would be more at home on a plantation or the cover of Southern Gentlemens magazine came down the stairs, in hand a cane that tapped along with him followed, but by his steps it would appear it is merely fashionable, the cane itself is solid mahogany, if one has an eye for such things and has a rather curious image suggestible of a Lord, but not quite the same etched into the silver knob handle. A family crest perhaps?

As he hit the bottom floor of the stairs, he looked up at the latin, as well as the decorations and gave an easy going smile and a clearly approving nod, and finally his eyes fell on Martha, and if he disapproved of her outfit, you certainly couldn't tell it. He noticed off-hand that his beast didn't react, not that this necessarily meant anything of course, but perhaps this wasn't the woman he was to meet...only one way to find out. August spoke, removing his hat as he walked over, casually glancing at the books and papers on the first table and finally to where the tiny woman sat. Galloway offered his hand in an easy going sort of manner, and would certainly bend all the way over to kiss the top of it if allowed. When he spoke, it was with a drawl that suggested southern upbringing, and a man who had all the time in the world. Pardon mah intrusion Ma'am, I don't mean to interrupt your work. I'm heah to meet with a Miss Villiers and was wondering if you could point me in the right di-rection? when he pronounced her name it was with a slight French twist, VILL-yay, rather than Vill-ers.

Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha watched and listened. Truly fascinated.

His gracious manners...his accent. It was all so...so magical.

She offered her gloved hand in polite and proper greeting.

Smiling, bashful...meek and demure...Martha quietly replied;
    "Thank you, sir. I am Miss Martha Villiers, I have the honour to serve this Domain as Herald and Seneschal to His Grace, the Alder Asa Clarke...Duke and Lord Paramount of this Metropolitan Domain."

She was curious to know his purpose and mission, but decided to let him explain in his own good time. Martha took the chance to make a small hand gesture and silently invite him to be seated.

Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Katsuro Tomori

"Wonderful, wonderful and before we begin things in earnest Miss Villers, I must say you look absolutely stunning in that outfit. Why, in my day such a display of beauty was forbidden, due to what I have only surmised as a jealousy of the majestic and a fear of the kind of inspiration that beauty can achieve." his words came out in that same drawl, slow moving like honey over his tongue and lips. While he was speaking he hadn't let go of her hand, but as he finished let her gloved hand slip one digit at a time from his fingers as he took his seat, knowing that things like touch were often fast, or in the worst cases violent when it comes to Kindred interaction. He made it a point to try and remind himself, and others, of the value of simple contact. Teaching little things like that through actions of course was the highest form of charity in his mind, and charity was the highest of all virtues for this man, it allowed you to easily make friends, outshine enemies and most of all that simple sort of altruism kept the beast at bay, all perfect things to strive for in these long nights.

"Now, I certainly will do my best to not waste your time, I am simply here to be acknowledged by the Domain, consider me an open book Miss Villiers, anything you need to know I am at your command, something I don't say to just anyone these nights." he gave a slight chuckle and a quick wink, prideful as ever. Herald and Seneshal? Wonderful, he'd hope they could become fast friends. Granted that was something that required him to act as though she were anyone else, rather than allowing her to define the terms and conditions of their interactions, it was a tricky path to walk, most certainly. August had nothing untoward on his mind of course, no no that simply wouldn't be befitting of a gentlemen...simply planning the right steps to better help his rise in the future, God willing.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

6. Likes Wod.Infant liked this post

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha would always look back on this moment and blush. She blinked and became bashful.

Flattered, she blinked once more and actually Blushed.

"I...I thank you most kindly for your generous words, sir." she whimpered sweetly as he praised her attire and beauty.

It took a few moments for her mind to catch up and she inwardly cringed at the thought of taking August to the Meeting Chamber now.

"Might I trouble you, please, for your name, good sir? I will assume, from your excellent manners and gracious talk, that you...as an obvious gentleman, are of the First Estate." she spoke with care and sincerity and...taking a moment to fuss with her long dark hair, dare not...could not...take her eyes off him.

Katsuro Tomori

He simply smiled when she thanked him, though he was pleased to see her blush it was far more than he'd expected, and when she asked his name and assumed he was of the First Estate he practically beamed, if the seneshal made that assumption then surely he would be a shoe in with the local Invictus. I am most honored you think so, as I have every intent of petitioning our local Invictus, it does seem a rathah fitting glove but no, I just had a mama that raised me to speak the truth in the nicest way possible. She had more sense about interacting with people than namin' 'em I'm afraid, the full names quite a mouth full." he said chuckling again. "August Tobias Galloway. Can you believe that? Now just imagine that for a moment, scrawny lanky little boy with a big ol' name like that...Though it did in time grow on me, so perhaps she knew more than I do. Either way, my close friends and people I like call me Toby, you certainly may at any time you wish."

9. Likes Wod.Infant liked this post

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiled and nodded happily. Beaming her smile, "Toby? I see! Splendid!" she nodded as if in agreement, though she knew of precious few Invictus that would be so free with informality as this so soon at their first meeting.

"I see!" she chirped, pushing aside her momentary doubts and rubbing at her crippled thigh.

"Well...er...Toby...how might I be of assistance to you?" a happy smile.

Katsuro Tomori

"Well Miss Villiers, I suppose awe'll start with a few easier questions. Favorite places around town, and why?" he said, leaning back a bit in his seat next to her the arm that wouldn't be imposing on marthas private space extending outward along the top edge of the couch in comfortable repose. August turned his head, making sure to keep his eyes respectfully focused on her face, rather than any of the possibly more revealing angles at which they could have gazed.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha dare not move. She held her thigh in a grip for a moment as August spoke. She blinked and hoped she wasn't still blushing.

"There's an excellent library...and...and a rose garden..." she offers meekly, almost whispering the words.

Katsuro Tomori

"I love flowers...smells in general now that I think of it, especially old books. Olfactory senses being one of of the few things that stayed constant after the gift..." he said thoughtfully, though his follow up would seem he was more thoughtful of her well being than of libraries and rose gardens. "You seem slightly taken aback, I'm not making you uncomfortable am I Miss Villiers? If I've offended any of your fine sensibilities I apologize, I've not meant to come off as perfidious." He began to give her a little bit of room, only moving a fraction of an inch as he watched and waited for her reaction to him moving, if she made any sort of motion that he had misread her breathless words he would stay where he was but if she seemed relieved he would move over, but only just so.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread