Ended
Watch

Seeking Knowledge

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Feeding adds +2 Vitae
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-02-21 23:22:08 Nardo Alcantara rolls 5 to Presence + Persuasion (10 Again) 2, 8, 3, 9, 4 2 successes

Nardo sits at a booth at a bar, he had managed to sweet talk a waitress into coming into an alleyway with him. She's a bit dazed but otherwise alright. He nurses a drink, not really swallowing any of the contains of the mug. He'll spend Vitae to hold it in his stomach when this man comes.

All around him, people were talking, the conversations ranging from their wives to their jobs. His gazes flickers to those speaking about the room as he does his best to come across as relaxed. Nardo takes out a pocket watch and checks the time.

Equipment: Business suit, cane with a whale's tooth, coin pouch, knife in boot, sketch of the cross, and jacket.

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Guido appeared, hunched in his shabby, dark coat, with his hair unfashionably long. Faint smell of garlic. Crafty eyes cast suspicious glances about him, even as he sank into the booth. In his hand, a dented mug; not even the barkeep cared much for poor old Guido.

"So? You are Nardo? Yes? I hear that you were looking for a research assistant."

"I am indeed. I seek to know more about an item that has come into my possession." He says. "I am rather new to the city and not sure who I must speak with to gain access to the documents I would need for my study."

Nardo focuses on his stomach, he remembers some of the sensations, he feels something occur. He risks a swallow of his drink, hoping that it'll stay in his stomach until later tonight.

- 1 Vitae for Stomach

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"I can do that," Guido quaffed his drink. "I got some of my sources, too. If that helps." He leaned closer, resting his head on his hand. "So whats the brief and... um... what figures are we dealing with, roughly?" Guido was quick off the mark. Straight to the point, the researcher questioned how much money could be made available for his fee... and for incidentals related to the job.

"I was thinking a fifty cents for each document concerning the item that you bring to me." Nardo tells Guido. He waits to see the man's reaction to that.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Guido leans his head to one side. "Sounds fair. And if I come across documents that are more difficult to... authenticate?" A hand fidgeted with an earlobe.

"Well, that depends on how much in the way of expenses needed to authenticate it." Nardo states calmly. "I would like a bill to be sure of what the cost of tests were and could be in the future."

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Guido nods, as much to himself as to Nardo. "Sounds fair." He paused again. "You realise you - and by you, I mean myself as well, will be swimming with sharks. As they say. Can you accept that?"

Nardo does his best to keep a feral smile off his face as he replies, "I expect that seeking knowledge will always have its problems be it rivals to those looking for the quick nickle."

He takes out the skretch of the cross, he places it on the table, pushing it towards the man as he says, "Here's a sketch of the item."

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Guido paused, taking his time to look at the sketch. Then, with deliberate slowness, he took up the sketch, folded it, and hid it on his person.

"I'll wire you when I know more, then." He paused again, waiting for his new employer to raise any further questions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread