Ended
Watch

Ack: Jennifer Hazelton

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

One of the more useful Elysian staff helps out new arrivals by discreetly directly Kindred towards The Stairs.

The Stairs lead away from the mortal nightclub to a subterranean area set aside for Kindred use...

Anyone descending The Stairs will detect the tangy aroma of freshly squeezed lemons wafts up from the sub-space.

Once at the foot of The Stairs a new arrival can see the layout more properly.

http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Avalon_Underground

In the cellar vault beneath the nightclub the lights are low. The silence is almost tangible.

A calm atmosphere prevails.

Recessed lamps cast a soft glow and the bright and rich scent of freshly made lemonade and squeezed lemons fills the air.

A Latin motto is inscribed over the doorway as one descends The Stairs. It reads in delicate silver lettering: "Per Ardua Ad Astra" ~ through struggle, to the Stars.

The Court area is decorated with long black and purple silken drapes cascading from floor to ceiling. Draped in elegant bunches and gathered into valances across door frames and between supporting pillars.

There's a rich and lingering scent of exotic rose incense; the lighting is intentionally low.

A delicately painted pattern and illustrations of ancient and strange Zodiacs adorn the ceiling.

Adorning the walls and carefully lit are truly large digital prints of NASA's renderings of the largest galactic entities and the very farthest reaches of Deep Space.

Martha's costume and attire for the evening seems almost fully black. A long velvet hooded cloak. Her cane is resting across her lap. She's shunned her Blush of Life.

As she sits, it's obvious that she's probably wearing a pair of thigh high boots. Her sturdy leather gloves are, however, more obvious.

To those initiated into the mysteries of the Marvel Universe Martha's dressed as Selene, the psychic vampire Black Queen of the Hellfire Club.

There's a simple coffee table in front of her along with notes, printed out copies of maps of Sacramento and copies of many US newspapers and various academic periodicals.

Martha is currently engrossed in reading a copy of '
    Population and Food: global trends and future prospects' by Prof Tim Dyson.
    [SIZE=2]

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

The Nosferatu made her way up the staircase slowly, trailing her gloved hand along the banister. She had returned to the city after a very long absence. It felt like deja vu to once again be walking these halls, like a dream someone else had dreamed. She brushed aside her concerns of old contacts not returning her calls. She had been gone a long time and her departure could have upset people. Yet for Ricardo not to answer her calls... She could only hope that all was well with her old allies. Jennifer paused at the top of the stair case and closed her eyes. Commanded her mind to be still as a deep lake. A beat passed and Jennifer stepped to the Keeper's office door.

She knocked twice upon the door, knowing that her Beast likely called to Madame Villiers. For a moment, she wondered if any one remembered her from nearly two years previous. Vain, stupid wastes of time. Jennifer lectured herself for her vanity. Serve the Prince, Serve the First Estate; serve the Family. Do not waste time acting as a silly, vain girl.

"Madame Herald Villiers, I beseech you for an audience. It is I, Jennifer Hazelton of the Nosferatu, of the First Estate. I have returned from my travels from St. Louis and wish to reside in Sacramento."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha stood and seemed, not surprisingly, taken aback to see Jennifer again. She blinks and smiles and gestures for Jennifer to come in; "Miss Hazelton! What a delight! Please, do come in! You are welcome!" she exclaims happily, "Do please enter! I hope you are well!" she enthuses. Checking Jennifer over for signs of injury or harm, "I...I never thought to see you again! Please do tell me how you are!" she makes a small gesture to invite Jennifer to be seated.

Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Thankyou, Madam." Jennifer bowed her head respectfully as she stepped into the room.

"I visited a House of the First Estate in St. Louis. The Notary there has served for decades and I learned at her feet. It was extraordinary." She leaned forward.

"I do feel terribly for leaving so suddenly. I must make my apologies to Seneschal Donovan and the Reeve forthwith. I can't imagine how it shall go; but I must accept the consequences."

"Yet I have been gone nearly two years. Please, tell me how you are."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

5. Likes Matamune liked this post

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha nodded and smiled reassuringly. "Two years..." she mused, tapping a gloved finger to her lips in a theatrical gesture of thought, "...yes, I dare say it is! Goodness! I am very well, thank you for asking, Miss! But...goodness...St Louis...how fascinating! Fear not...I am now immune to the rapid comings and goings of Kindred at this crossroads and I actually rejoice at seeing you again!" she smiles and seems genuine in this;

"I am also glad your visit to other places was profitable! I shall have to ask you for news of that Domain in a moment. But, for now...there is no hurry. You see...I am now Acting-Seneschal as well as Herald to His Grace. Miss Donovan having left for New York and the Reeve...well, Mr Dillon Connery is now Reeve and Lady Au Pair Daniella Sage has since replaced me as Mistress Keeper of the local Elysian Fields."
    she smiled sweetly.

"These departures and adjustments thereby reduce your to-do list somewhat." she tries a shy smile and sits back down, a relaxed posture as she studies Jennifer with kindly eyes.

"Ah! It is good to see you again, Miss!"

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer blinked in surprise to hear of the relocation of Seneschal Donovan and Reeve Greyson.

"Congratulations, Madame Seneschal." Jennifer inclined her head respectfully. "You were an excellent Keeper; but I'm glad to see that your dedication was rewarded." She spoke warmly. "It's good to hear that Lady Au Pair Sage has risen so since my departure.

"A lot has changed... I am pleased to be back, Madame Seneschal." Jennifer smiled. "Its good to see your friendly face. I have not seen such in two years."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha humbly nodded her head to accept Jennifer's kind words.

"You are most gracious. Thank you, Miss." she smiled sweetly.

"I should like to be able to help you settle back into the Domain, Miss...how best might I do that?" she asks happily, clearly glad to see Jennifer too.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"I appreciate your help." Jennifer smiled. "No one picked up the phone upon my return and I know why, now. I was wondering if Priscus Grigoriev is still Priscus of the Nosferatu?" The Nosferatu inquired.

"I also would love any information you have of the First Estate. "

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Grivoriev? No...no one has seen him in a while either." she frowned. Not really missing that strange and monstrous creature.

"The First Estate remains in a position of leadership under His Grace the Duke and Her Grace the Duchess, the Judex Twist." she smiled sweetly. Clearly pleased to report this. "Though, in truth, I do believe Her Grace the Duchess has stepped aside from immediate and day to day leadership..." she pondered something and seemed to toy with a sealed envelope on her desk for a moment before adding;

"I am sure they will enjoy meeting you and hearing of your travels!"

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Grigoriev too... Jennifer glances downwards as she processes this information. A slight frown touches her features bu she brightens as the Seneschal continues. "I hope that you are right, Seneschal. I am happy to see that you are doing well. I do hope if there's anything that needs done with regards to computers that you know I'd be glad to be of assistance; just like before."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread