Its been a long day, and Sam has been getting a few compliments from her colleagues about her story. And then Jackie the copy editor sits down on Sam' desk, holding Sam's article, that has several things circled. She is usually bubbly, charming, and emotionally manipulative.
Today is no different.

(Samantha_Howe): "Have any edits that are dire?" Sam asks, noticing the circled things.

(Jackie): "Sam! I read your article, and I love your piece. AND!! Remember how you said you'd promise to help me when I needed a partner for a double date? Wellll, I met this cute guy and he is going to take me to this, and he's coming in costume so I need someone to go costume shopping with me. And then you can come to the event with me in a costume too! It'll be great!"

(Samantha_Howe): "Do I have to bring my own date or are you intending to blind side me with his bestie?"

(Jackie): Its obvious in looking closely that the article that she's circled the clothes shopping, the VIPs, and the Mafioso burgers

(Jackie): "Don't you have some guys? I mean, you are really good looking, so I'm sure you've got a guy or two you could pick. Ummm, Mikael doesn't really have a best friend that he's told me about." Her expression brightens. "So you are off the hook for that!"

(Samantha_Howe): Sam breathes out heavily. "All of the guys I know are total asses. I try to be seen with them as little as possible, but I will totally go shopping with you. Hell I'll play wing-chick to keep the other women of your Mikael."

(Jackie): She pouts at Sam's lack of good men. "Ok, if you want to, i'll be ok with that. But you have to have fun too. Maybe we'll find a cute guy for you there!"

(Samantha_Howe): "If he's a jerk I get to trash him in the paper though, right?" Sam said with a grin that stated she was obviously joking

(Samantha_Howe): "I'll see if I can get one of my friends to go with me or something, but I fully intend to revel in my Singles Awareness Day, Jackie."

(Jackie): She laughs at Sam's joke. "If he's a jerk I've got the edior's grace to run an op-ed on him. Thanks Sam. You can start single, but I'm going to find you a nice guy!"

(Samantha_Howe): "Don't try too hard, my type is weird."

(Jackie): Her tone turns dark, and serious, and melodromatic. "We'll find your type. We'll find your type if I have to have you date every man in the city." She holds a stern glare for a moment, before bursting out laughing.

(Samantha_Howe): O.O < sam

(Jackie): "Love you sweetie! We'll go shopping on the 10th ok!"

(Samantha_Howe): Sam blinks after her moment of shock, "How about no, how about you tell me about this Mikael instead."

(Jackie): "Well, Mikael Andropov. He's a car mechanic, but a smart one. He graduated college and has this gorgeous, thick accent. His family is a little weird though.

(Samantha_Howe): Samantha leans forward, interested. "Weird how? Like are they all super veg?"

(Jackie): "No no. All russiany. Like Borscht all the freaking time. I didn't even know what Borscht was

(Samantha_Howe): "Oh, I don't know what Borscht is either."

(Jackie): "Its hot pink beet soup. Its actually really good, he brought over almost a gallon of the stuff when I was out sick with the flu last month."

(Jackie): "And that’s what I mean, he's really considerate and nice. He always asks about how i'm doing at work."

(Samantha_Howe): "Well that's better than the guys I spend time with, all they do is talk over me and ignore me and expect me to follow them around like some sort of lost puppy." Sam sighs, "Altogether unfun."

(Jackie): "Get rid of them then! You should make a whole bunch of new friends and hang out with them. Don't hang out with people that keep you down, that’s like...Didn't the advice columnist blow a gasket about some guy sticking with his abusive girlfriend?"

(Samantha_Howe): "Oh I saw that Andy Preacher wrote on the Valentines Day thing too." she said tapping on Jackie's editor’s copy. "Did you do that on purpose or was that just an oversight?"

(Jackie): Jackie pops her head up, looking around to see who is paying attention, seemingly satisfied, before ducking back down and whispering. "So, I heard from a talkative water cooler that they wanted to see who would write the better story, and that there was some interest in givnig someone their own column."

(Samantha_Howe): "Oh, is that it then?"

(Jackie): "Hey, I'm just repeating what the water cooler told me." She grins

(Samantha_Howe): "Says the editor...."

(Jackie): "Copy Editor. The big bosses definitely don't linger outside the water cooler that has strangely migrated its way from ts original home to just across from my desk."

(Samantha_Howe): "Benefit of being the one who refills it, eh?" Sam sighs and leans back. "If I can't find anyone by the 10th, I give you permission to find someone, I suppose."

(Samantha_Howe): "But I still reserve the right to hurt him if he's a jerk."

(Jackie): "OK! Got to go get back to work. Byeeee!" She hops off the desk, and waves.