Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Character Creation (Info in 1st Post)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last

0 Scenes

It's been a while, and whenever the people I know try to get a game going I end up being the Doctor, or the Intelligent one, who does all the research, so I want to stay away from that, but I don't want to be a dummy either....is there anything specific that's missing from the group that's desperately needed? I might fill that role, if it's something that I want to play.

M
    Mavspade

There's a lot of coverage and overlap summer court is lacking for sure. I'd say your best bet is pick what will be fun for you.

As for us to help pick a kith we need little more info. Maybe tell us durance thoughts, our fairy tales, characters, music, pictures for inspiration. If we see a direction I'm sure people will have suggestions.

0 Scenes

Well I like the mad seer angle, I very much like that, one of my friends that I've been talking to says something like a Moonborn Oracle, where she does see the future, but she can't trust what she sees...or whichever kiths I could use for the same affect.

I've been thinking pre-changeling life she was a Romi, learning from her mother, pick pocketing, general thievery and con-artistry, her mother might have tied to force old world magicks to awaken (little a, not A) within her, and they might have both ? maybe ended up receving the attentions of the Fae....

Maybe a Moonborn Whisperwisp ??

0 Scenes

I like sneaky, dexterous, creative, insane character I admit.

M
    Matrixchild

Then Darkling sounds in line with that. Any ideas about the durance? Maybe she was totally sane before being taken and was forced to do crazy things leading to a mental breakdown if you're going with moonborn

0 Scenes

I'm thinking so too.

I'm thinking that maybe in the beginning when she was taken, and left in a field of broken glass/dreams/stars/whatever, completely and utterly alone. The isolation does wonders for someone sanity, I hear. So that when she was as broken as the whatever around her after however many forevers, her Keeper appears like this glorious celestial figure to rescue her from her loneliness, to mold a perfect worshiper. And weapon. Spy. whatever else.

Loyal and Delightfully crazy (Like Bellatrix LeStange, from Harry Potter. but she get's over the loyal part and escapes, however that's going to happen.)

Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan

So, still a fairly broad concept. Insane stealthy person. From what you've described so far I'd say Darkling, Fairest, or Wizened depending on what you want to emphasize from their time in Fairie. Don't be bound to them being Moonborn. ALL Changelings are insane to one extent or another. Moonborn focuses more on the ebb and the flow. The infectious nature of fairy logic and mentality. The multitude of different manifestations of insanity.

It sounds like you're still hammering out a durance and what happened during it. I recommend spending some more thought in figuring out who exactly your character is, who they were before, who they were in the Durance, what they took away from that experience, and who they are now. It will help nail down Seeming, Kith, and xp expenditures. And don't be afraid to change things as you go. Character creation is a process of evolution. I've had martial character become mental based; Wizened become Ogres. It's all a matter of what you end up writing. Take Matrixchild's advise though; given the amount of turn over the forums have don't base your character on what you think the team 'needs'. Find something you think you'll enjoy playing/writing.

That said, here are my recommendations:
    Mirrorskin/Whisperwisp: Standard go-to spy kith
    Palewraith: For having been denied the light so long
    Lurker/Larcenist: Less spy and more breaking and entering
    Gremlin: Sabotage
    Oracle/Witchtooth/Antiquarian: Knowledge that was not meant to be known
    Riddleseeker: Seeking out knowledge through whatever means are needed
    Moonborn/Pishacha/Romancer/Polychromatic: For emphasis on maddness and shifting personalities. Mirrorskin can be included in this group.
    Apsaras/Succubus: For a more seductive angle and messing with the foundation people's personalities (Vices)
    Woodblood: Depending on durance this makes a great kith for performing ambushes.
    Telluric: You mentioned stars as a potential part of the durance and given timing's large roll in most heist/spy movies this could be appropriate.

0 Scenes

So I took some time away from this, just to let my mind think and I think I want to do a Telluric + Razorhand. So I hit upon the idea that her pre-taken name was a star name, as was her mothers, so if she was named after a star why not maker into one? One that kills people on command. Now I'm just stuck on the name I want to use for the name she's using now. Well a first name....

Daisy Wen
    Daisy Wen

Daisy Wen

Wizened Artist
    Presence ●● (Vivacious)
    Striking Looks ●● (Delicate)
    Fame ● (Culture - Art World)
    Mantle (Spring) ● The scent of plum blossoms swirl around her, as their petals fall in her wake. Language - Mandarin.
    Mask

A slim and petite women, of seemingly fragile beauty. With hair as black as a raven wing, kept long, either loose around her shoulders, or pulled back into a bun. She has a fair complexion, with delicate features.
    Mien

This Porcelain fawn, Manikin is material, Beast in shape. Artist in reality. comprised a fine white china. Her hair, still long is glazed in jade. Dainty china antler-horns poke out from her hair. Unguligrades legs she crafted for herself, now support dainty deer hoofed feet. Her eyes are large, pupiless, and the entirety of the eye black as pitch. She's lean, her limbs are long, her fingers spindly, but carry a certainty and deftness when plying her craft.

I have a million ideas in my brain. Saber_Sloth is my RL friend and when she was in the Hospital I was there, and we ended up back and frothing character ideas. Heck I even have the backstory for a fair few of them, I just don't know what I want to play. But I'm Thinking I might want to play this Sandharrowed/Huntersheart, or a Cyclopean/Metalflesh.

I have the concepts for them down, and story stuff for them almost all done, but I don't know how to chose between the two.

The Cyclopean/Metalflesh is the most recent idea, finished a bit more to her this morning, and by that I mean backstory not dots, same with the Sandharrowed/Huntersheart, and I worked on her a few days/a week ago.

The Sandharrowed/Huntersheart would be of the Summer Court, while the Cyclopean/Metalflesh...I might want to start her off Courtless.

Sigh. I just love them both so much already, and I don't know how to choose between them. Help! Please!

S
    Selena

I don't think anyone will directly tell you which to play. We don't really do that. Play what speaks to you and which one inspires you the most. A simple test of this is we do what are called 'glimpses'. If you can write one and it comes freely without force, then that is the option to go with.

Also, please make sure you're consulting the character creation rules on the wiki when you do your dots

Page 3 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread