Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Character Creation (Info in 1st Post)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

Cayce you are off to a very good start and I'm glad to see you are interested in our venue! That said, I have some comments which I hope are constructive for you.

The first thing that stuck out for me mechanically is that if she was a police detective, she should probably have some understanding (at least a dot) in Politics and Streetwise in addition to what you've already got, in order to be well rounded enough to have made it that far in her career to start with. It's not a requirement, but I would recommend it, especially if you planned for her to become involved in SacPD early on in play.

Also please note that if you just got off the bus into California, there is no way you could already have your firearms concealed carry license handled, as filing periods and safety training are required by the state. So consider this issue while you finalize the details of your background please.

If you want to begin play with a token, the easiest way to manage that is pointing to the specific one you want in the core book. If you truly must have your very own, you need to read every syllable of the Token sections of Changeling the Lost (pg. 201-210) and Rites of Spring (pg. 144-158) and device one that is clearly and obviously within the same bounds of benefit and cost with the example tokens of the same dot level, and very clearly and politely present your well researched and considered suggestion, to be judged by the staff as we see fit.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Origins Nice Catch on the backstory. And good points on the Tokens.

Cayce You might need a drawback to the Gun token limiting when the bonus happens in order for it to only be 2 dots.

Awesome, thanks for the tips everyone! So, as far as stats go, I think I'll bag the token but I'll keep the hedgespun raiment cause is straight from the core book. Additionally, that gives me 6 xp sittin' around, so I'll spend that to buy a dot of Streetwise and Politics respectively. That would make the sheet read:

sheet

Okay, that done, now there's the backstory mistake. So, when I said she was found by the New Orleans freehold, that was a typo, I meant to say the New York freehold but I got my wires crossed. Um, as for the permit issue, would it be alright if I wrote in that Tasha cooled her heels in like, San Fran, and went through the hoops until she got the permit? Because that is a very good point and she definitely wouldn't want to enter ground zero before being all squared away. I guess it would be easier to just say she came back out somewhere in California but the New York cannon freehold was pretty cool.

In an effort to streamline the approval process, we are now requiring that all changeling characters be submitted as basic characters with no bonus xp. After the original basic character is approved, you may then post your desired bonus xp log to the character sheet just as you would for any future xp expenditure. Please let us know if you have any questions or comments about this change.

OK, sounds good! Thanks for all the input you wonderful people have given me! I might dream up a different character, not because of the this change, but just because I now have so much time to find the perfect character to play (though I might stick with what I have). Either way I'll have to post something here again so I won't be a stranger .

Ciara Maskelyne

Okay, I think I did the math right on this...

Biographica lInformation:

Player Name: Mykel
    Character Name: Finn Connolly (Originally Andrew Donnelly)
    Age before Durance: 23
    Current Age: 25
    Virtue:Prudence
    Vice:Lust

ChangelingParticulars:
    Seeming:Fairest
    Kith:Incubus/Apsaras
    Entitlement:None
    Court:Spring

Traits:
    Health:7
    Willpower:4
    Wyrd:1
    Clarity:7
    Size:5
    Speed:10

Defense:2
    Initiative Modifier: 4

Attributes:
    Attribute Priority: Social,Physical, Mental

Strength:3
    Dexterity:2
    Stamina:2

Intelligence:2
    Wits:2
    Resolve:2

Presence:4 (Incorrigible)
    Manipulation:2/3 (Raisedto 3with XP)
    Composure:2

Skills:
    Skill Priority: Social,Physical, Mental

Mental Skills:
    Medicine 1
    Occult 2
    Politics 1

Physical Skills:

Athletics 3
    Brawl 2 (Boxing)
    Larceny 1
    Stealth 1

Social Skills:
    Empathy 2 (Emotions)
    Expression 3 (Singing)
    Persuasion 3 (Seduction)
    Socialize 1/3 (Raised to 2 with xp, raised to 3 by Spring Mantle)
    Streetwise 0/1 (Raised to 1 with xp)
    Subterfuge 2

Abilities:
    Contracts of Vainglory 2
    Contracts of Fleeting Spring 2
    Contracts of Eternal Spring 1

Pledges:None

Merits:
    Dual Kith
    New Identity 2
    Striking Looks 2/4(Tall,Dark, and Handsome) (Raised to SL:4 by Incubus gift)

Flaws:None

XP Log:

7 Freebies:
    Striking Looks 2 (2 Points)
    Dual Kith (3 Points)
    Resources 1 (1 Point)
    Hollow 1 (Harvest 1)

30 xp
    Manipulation 3 (15 xp)
    Socialize 2 (6 xp)
    Streetwise 1 (3 xp)
    New Id 2 (6 xp)

7. Likes Brownlee liked this post

Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan

Got an itch for character creation. I think I read there was a limit of one character per player in the changeling venue so I probably won't be playing him anytime soon but I thought I'd share.

Originally started out as trying to make a Domovoi, then as the story worked itself out he almost became an Ogre before I settled on the Woodwalker kith.

Fluff

Crunch

Circe
    Circe
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

Nothing wrong with readying a back-up Parable, just in case. I myself have a back up idea inspired by a picture on deviantart of a dark elf gunslinger.

Cool concept with the Fetch. Everybody likes the fetch to be monsters, plot hook, or a write off (guilty party right here). You have done the opposite in both categories. As far as I can see, you've correctly spent your EXP. And this does match up with the fluff, your justification is up to snuff.

<stamps it OK>
    <stamps PENDING MODERATOR APPROVAL below OK>

0 Scenes

So I know I want to play a Moonborn dual kith with something I have like a million different thoughts on what to cross Moonborn with, but don't know what direction I want to go with it. And I would very much like some help with that For a concept Its still ambiguous, I have vague ideas about her Durance, but nothing concrete because I don't know what her second kith will be.

Sigh. Now I'm having second thoughts about the Moonborn kith...help! (Please?) I just have so many different thoughts....that they all kinda jumble up, it's been a while since I've done character creation, so my brain is going a million different places.

And I want to use Ksenia Solo, as this character Mask, because she is gorgeous and I noticed that the actress wasn't claimed.

M
    Matrixchild

Well can you tell us at least what type of character you want to play? I mean, super social, emotionless, like anything to go on.

Page 2 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread