Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Character Creation (Info in 1st Post)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 9 of 12 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Last

I'm really excited to jump into character creation, but I wanted to clarify wether I would be using 1st or 2nd edition of Changeling: The Lost for reference. Just to make sure I don't cross any wires.

Also, for clarification, when filling out the character submission, what is required for the submission? I know that XP is provided after a successful submission, so does that mean I fill out all non-numerical fields such as Name, Concept and History?

Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra

The site uses 1E I'll let a ST answer questions about the character sheets.

3. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Thanks so much! That will be a big help as far as looking for resources.

5. Likes pisces liked this post

0 Scenes

BoxingUnicorn like Orianna said we're 1E Changeling the Lost, as well as 1E everything else.

For the Character Sheet Submission, read everything on the submission form, and fill out everything specified, which is honestly the whole sheet. We do have a word limit for History, so keep that in mind.

7. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Perfect! Thanks so much for the advice.

If you want ties into a fellow new to the area Ling BoxingUnicorn, hit me up! New and ready to mingle.

10. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Will do! Thanks so much. It will be nice to have another new face to learn with.

My apologies if this is on the wrong thread, but I was curious if the Bonus XP for character creation can only be used on Merits and Supernatural items, or can it also be used to purchase Skill dots? I figured you could only advance Skills you already have invested in, but wanted to make sure.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Bonus XP at character can be used on Merits, Skills, Specialities, Attributes, Advantages and Supernatural Items (merits).

However...

The amount of XP that can be spent on 'Supernatural' merits, advantages, powers (Arcana, Contracts, Disciplines, Gifts, Rotes, etc) is capped at around 45% of the Bonus XP total.

The remaining 55% of the Bonus XP total can only come from 'mortal' skills, attributes, specialities and merits.

14. Likes Cayce, BoxingUnicorn, pisces, liked this post

Ok, so I think I have a really cool idea for Ling.

A Darkling Razorhand with Dual Kith. They have needles for fingers and were tasked with ambushing prospective subjects, injecting them with a chemical cocktail, then dragging them back to base to be operated on. A combat/stealth Spring courtier who takes a worrying amount of joy in attacking perceived enemies. Physical first, Mental next, lacking in Social skills.

But having difficulty deciding what the second Kith would be. I feel like Chirurgeon fits with what her task was, but Brewer's ability feels like it more accurately represents how she subdued people. Especially given the mixing around of dubious chemicals.

Thoughts and suggestions?

16. Likes Origins, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
Page 9 of 12 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Last
+ Reply to Thread