Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Character Creation (Info in 1st Post)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last

Awesome: something that inspires awe.

Yeah, that is definitely what these are West. Truly awesome and amazing, thank you for sharing these with us.

I feel oddly obligated to throw a hand up from the back of the class and say "Um, teach? Can I join?". For real, though. 5 members? If Ling is going through some low membership issues I will gladly offer to un-shelf Kyle. Is Changeling, in fact, open?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Changeling is open and I believe with Forn's approved character today is up to 7.

Kyle is unavailable; he was dropped mid-scene and the issue of his Fame/Fetch/etc was never resolved. You're welcome to submit a new character.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

You heard the man; stand the frik by, Freehold! Time for a new Ling.

5. Likes Origins liked this post
    M
    Meagera

Hello. So. Concepts. I have two right now. I've only taken a cursory look at the story threads themselves, so I'm not sure which one, if either, will be appropriate, but I'm just going to throw them up here for right now. Hopefully this is an acceptable format. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

Concept 1: Angry (Scary?) Librarian

The character is either a wizened author or a darkling antiquarian, and is in the summer court. Prior to her durance, she worked as a librarian and a moderately successful short story writer. She was taken by her Keeper to produce stories as payment for a debt he owed to another True Fae. Once the debt was paid he threw her into the hedge. She came out near her southern Oregon hometown, and worked with an old friend to kill her fetch. She was happy to live there quietly, but then her friend was killed. For various reasons, she blames Fairweather for his death. She came to Sacramento to be on the front lines. Unfortunately, she might find that she's in over her head.

Concept 2: A Friend Seeking Friends

The character is a fairest playmate(?). She and her friends were on a road trip celebrating their graduation from high school when they came across a rather nasty trod. Her friends were taken by one of the True Fae. She was not. This didn't stop her from chasing after her friends once the police proved useless. She tracked down the Fae in question and traded her willing service for the freedom of her friends. Which was exactly what the Fae wanted in the first place. Unfortunately for the Fae, she then proceeded to make friends with all the other changelings in the realm, forcing the Fae to either release her from her promise to serve the Fae willingly, or free all the other slaves. She managed to escape some time after that. She has come to Sacramento because the last thing anyone heard about either of her friends was that one of them had checked himself into a nearby asylum. She doesn't really want to get involved in the battle with Fairweather, but she has a tendency to decide that a person is her friend after talking to them for no more than ten minutes, and, as proven, she will do anything for her friends.

Thoughts?

To comment on the first idea, having specific knowledge of an antagonist from halfway across the world might seem a little odd. Sure, the Wyrd works in mysterious ways, but it might be safer to have her form opinions of Fairweather after she's been told about him by the Freehold.

To caveat to that, the second one is more plausible as it's suggested. She comes to Sacramento but does not make herself known to the Freehold until the Fairweather incident is over? Sure. I can see drama hooks in there, too (so I hope you don't mind character conflict).

As far as kith and all that is concerned, I'd say play what will be more fun for you. Hope this helps, and look forward to meeting a new Changeling!

M
    Meagera

Thank you Travis! It'll probably be a while before I've got the character the way I want it, but I look forward to seeing you in play.

Quick question: if there is no dedicated ST, where or to whom should I submit my character for final consideration?

To my knowledge, character submissions go through West. He isn’t actively role playing but he still moderates. So he will get the notification when you do submit a sheet.

M
    Meagera

Hey again, and Happy New Year! I think that I've got this mostly worked out. This is mostly mechanical information. The overall backstory for this character is mostly the same as what I posted above, but I'm keeping the extra details to myself for now!

I think that the only thing I have left to decide is what virtue to pick. I think that either fortitude or charity would work based on the backstory, but I can't decide which one fits better.

Tell me what you think.

Name: Laverne Rathe (originally AutumnEthan)
    Player: Meagera
    Chronicle: Edge of Darkness
    Concept: Cunning and steadfast friend
    Virtue:
    Vice: Greed
    Seeming: Fairest
    Blessing: The player may spend Glamour to improve die pools thatinclude Presence, Manipulation, and Persuasion. Additionally,Fairest suffer no untrained penalty for using Social skills in whichthey have no dots.
    Curse: Fairestsuffer a -1 die penalty on pools to avoid loosing clarity.
    Kith: Playmate
    Blessing: Circle of Friends - +2 to teamwork where the changeling isthe primary actor. When the changeling is a secondary actor, theycan instead grant the actor access to the 9-again rule.
    Court: Spring

Apparent Age: late teens to earlytwenties.
    Chronological Age: 27
    Time in Arcadia: 8 years
    Age abducted: 18

Mask: Laverne has bright, almostluminous, blue eyes. That is the first thing anyone notices abouther. All her other colors seem faded in comparison. This is onlyaccentuated by her dark hair, and her tendency to wear white andblack clothes. She always wears a silver snowflake on a chain aroundher neck.

Mein: Laverne's eyes are a luminous,pellucid blue that rivals the colors of the sky. Her hair is dark,midnight black, and is braided with silver beads, bones, pearls,shards of ice, leaves, and blue flowers (mostly forget-me-nots,periwinkles, and nigella, but others sometimes make an appearance). The leaves and flowers are a recent addition, courtesy of her mantle. Her skin is pale, almost pearly, with only a faint pink blush in hercheeks and lips. Her nails, veins and soles of her feet are silver. There are silver rings around her ankles, flush with her skin. Herteeth are literally pearl white. When she is cut, her blood is mixedwith flecks of silver.

Attributes

Mental (5)
    Intelligence **
    Wits ***
    Resolve ***

Physical (3)
    Strength *
    Dexterity ****
    Stamina *

Social (4)
    Presence **
    Manipulation **
    Composure ***

Skills

MentalSkills (7) (Untrained penalty is -3)
    Academics *
    Knowledgein Arts and Humanities
    Computer
    Computerprograms and operating systems
    Crafts *
    Constructing,crafting, and repairing objects
    Specialtyrawing
    Investigation **
    Solvingriddles and finding evidence
    Medicine
    Physiology,anatomy, and medical treatments
    Occult *
    Loreabout the supernatural
    Politics **
    Politicalprocesses and bureaucratic maneuvers
    Science
    Physicaland natural sciences

Physical Skills (4) (Untrained penaltyis -1)
    Athletics *
    Sportsand movement
    Specialty:ice skating
    Brawl
    Unarmedcombat
    Drive
    Operatingautomobiles under rough conditions
    Firearms
    Identifying,using, and maintaining firearms and bows.
    Larceny *
    Pickinglocks, burglary, bypassing security, sleight of hand, etc
    Stealth **
    Movingsilently and unnoticed
    Survival
    Enduringharsh environments
    Weaponry
    Identifying,using, and maintaining non-firearm weapons

SocialSkills (11) (No untrained penalty due to Fairest seeming)
    AnimalKen
    Understandinganimal minds and behaviors
    Empathy ***
    Observingemotions and understanding viewpoints
    Expression **
    Artof communication and entertainment
    Specialty:Writing
    Intimidation
    Coercingvia force and threat
    Persuasion ****
    Convincingothers and inspiring their emotions
    Socialize
    Socialinteraction in various situations
    Streetwise *
    Navigatingurban streets and gathering intel there
    Subterfuge *
    Deceivingothers and noticing it

Contracts

Elements(Ice [water?]) (*)
    Cloakof the Elements – Pool: None
    Effect:Prevents harm done to the character by natural manifestations of theelement.
    Catch:Character is wearing some symbolic representation of the element.
    EternalAutumn (*)
    LastBreath Isaac – Pool: 2+1=3
    Effect:Brings a plant to its ripest point of the year, ready for harvest.
    Catch:The plant or tree is unclaimed, or the changeling has permission toharvest from it (to any degree).
    EternalSpring (*)
    Giftof Warm Breath – Pool: 3+0+2=5
    Effect:Rejuvenates a single living target, filling the target with energyand vigorous life.
    Catch:The subject has freely offered the changeling some form of sustenancesince the last sunrise.
    FleetingSpring (*)
    Cupid'sEye – Pool: 3+1=4
    Effect:This contract reveals one of the subjects desires.
    Catch:The character has kissed the subject within the past 24 hrs, or thesubject's object of desire is the character.
    Separation(*)
    TreadLightly – Pool: 4+1=5
    Effect:The changeling can partly remove herself from gravity's influence.
    Catch:The character is wearing fancy or delicate footwear that would beruined if she did not use the clause.

Merits
    Mantle (Spring) (**) - +1 die to allrelevant rolls in the Spring Court. +1 die to socialize rolls.
    New Identity (**)
    Resources (*)
    Retainer (*) - Laverne is blackmailingher fetch. Her fetch, Autumn O'Reilly, is, generally speaking, anormal person, however she lives in Illinois, isn't inclined to move,and Laverne isn't inclined to make her move. Still, she does haveresources that Laverne wouldn't otherwise have access to, and ifnothing else, will look things up, buy things for her, providereferences and set up bank accounts for Laverne. She also providesstress relief. Laverne isn't very nice to Autumn. (If asked about Autumn, Laverne willclaim that she's a cousin, rather than her fetch. There was a bit ofunpleasantness concerning Autumn's continued existence in Laverne'sprevious Freehold, and Laverne is wary of causing that unpleasantnessto repeat itself in Sacramento.)
    Striking Looks (**) - +1 to allpresence and manipulation rolls when using looks to entertain,persuade, distract, or deceive.

Health: 6

Willpower: 6

Wyrd: 1

Glamour: 5/10

Clarity: 7

Size: 5

Speed: 10

Defense: 3

Armor:

Initiative: 7

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Looks okay from what I can see.

Up the age a bit. I believe there is a site house rule that no character can be under 21 years of age (either chronologically or physically under that age).

You may wish to rework your Physical stats as once in play, you won't be able to improve 1 dot stats for the first six (6) months of active play (another old site rule).

Retainer won't work. You probably need Mentor to set up the Fetch relationship the way you envision.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

Page 5 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread