Ended
Watch

Alone on a sad night

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    M
    Mystogogue

Victor had been in a daze for three days. He only knew how long it had been because the light of day seared his eyes, forcing him to take shelter. With no idea of where he was, or even what was real any more, the darkling wandered aimlessly in the nights, going through the motions of his escape even after he had returned.

Finally reality (or maybe fantasy) caught up with him and he took stock of his surroundings. It wasn't home, but it was somewhere. Victor realized that he had been following a path in a park, and thankfully the light from the lamps overhead was not too bright. There didn't seem to be that many people about, but maybe it was just because the sun had been down for a few hours. Passing by a homeless man sleeping on a bench, Victor began to wonder if that's how he looked with his thorn ripped, mud spattered clothing.

It was then, when he reached to hold his violin close for comfort, that he remembered that he had abandoned the object that had been his sole friend and companion for what felt an eternity when those monsters attacked him. As Victor felt tears welling up in his eyes he sat against a nearby tree and began to spill forth his sorrow into a song. The lyrics were simple, merely ambiguous regrets and apologies addressed to 'dear friend', but the tune they carried pulled forth the sadness of leaving a loved one to die from all who passed close enough to hear.

5 suxx to sing sorrowfully; -1 glamour for Enchanting Performance merit
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-01-02 14:24:29 Victor rolls 8 to express his sorrow in song (Wits + Expression) (10 Again, Rote) 1, 9, 9, 1, 5, 5, 8, 3, 5, 10, 9, 6, 7, 6, 7 5 successes

Dominyk Prise

PRE

The faint sound of clapping came from nearby. Should Victor ( Mystogogue ) choose to turn he will see a tall (6’8”) man with angular features, horns that curve out of his hair along with the white snowdrops. A scent is manifest around of Chocolate, Cinnamon, and Freshly Fallen Snow. The most striking things about him is the simple magnetism that he hosts around him, the incredible glacier-blue of his eyes and perhaps the faint sparkle of tears on his cheeks.

That, was extremely well done.” The man managed after a moment. “And fitting for the season.

M
    Mystogogue

Victor turned, startled at the voice. A couple of clean lines ran down his face where tears had washed clean the grime, but the look in his large, moist, violet eyes was resigned as he slowly stood. He felt like he should scream or run at the sight of something else that wasn't human, but at least this man hadn't tried to eat him. "Thank you," he replied shakily after a moment, reaching up to wipe away the tears with a long finger. "Are you here to-" the slight Darkling choked up as the smells of chocolate and cinnamon took him home for a brief instant. This time bringing both hands to wipe the tears away left his face smudged, Victor looked up at the man nearly a foot and a half taller then himself with a pleading look in his eyes and asked, "Are you here to take me back?"

Dominyk Prise

PRE

The Man paled and his eyes widened in what might be shock, or perhaps horror for a moment, likely at the mere thought of taking another changeling back there. A second later the expression was gone from his face.

Certainly not.” his expression read true, if not slightly offended that the violinist had even asked.

No, I was just walking by, wondering if there was a reason behind the song. Then I saw you and understood. I’m on my way to get food, you’re free to join me.” The slightest hint of an accent came from his voice that gave something more, perhaps it was just that each aspect of the fairest was Attractive.

M
    Mystogogue

"You. . . you mean I'm really free?" Victor felt hope, even just the smallest amount of it, return as a quivering smile began to creep across his face. Somewhat surprised that he remembered anything of courtesy he managed to avoid running up and hugging the taller man at the revelation. The darkling barely suppressed an outburst, though even he couldn't tell whether it was laughter or tears, but managed to offer his hand (albeit skittishly) for a shake. "My name is Victor," he said, a slight tone of happiness making it into his voice like driftwood awash in a stormy sea of sorrow, but happiness nonetheless.

B
    Bean

Not being able to think of anywhere else to go, Bubba wandered the streets for a while. He was wearing a Hawaiian shirt and a straw hat over his head and he was hoping that just walking around Sacramento would be enough to find someone of his ilk. At this particular time he found himself in a park. He liked it and thought it was nice so after a bit he sat on a bench.

That is when Bubba heard the music and rather liked it a lot. It drew him closer to the musician playing it, a small little guy who was very pale. He had some kind of instrument that Bubba didn't recognize but it sounded beautiful to him none the less. By the time he made his way to him though the little man had other company, one that was clearly of similar origins.

More. Good. Bubba thought to himself. He finally found some Lost, which was a great step in the right direction he thought. After the music had stopped, his attention was drawn more toward the clapping man with the horns than the musician. Bubba thought he was a very... pretty man even though that was his thing he couldn't help appreciate it in him. It made him feel weird.

He walked up to them grinning and attempted to imitate the clapping that the beautiful man did, though it sounded irregular and too loud but he didn't notice.

Dominyk Prise

PRE

Dominyk took the violinist’s hand in a firm shake. “Dominyk Prise, Author and Local.” he said with the air of someone who not only knew what he was doing but had done the hand shaking before. “I’m serious about the food though.” he said through the irregular clapping of a black man who had fond his way to the small on-the-sidewalk gathering.

He removed his hand from Victor’s grasp and offered it to the Ogre that was definitely having his spring scent being overpowered by the smell of cinnamon hot chocolate on Christmas Morning. “And you, you are also welcome to join us, assuming you too have a name.” As the author smiled it was plain to see that his teeth were all very sharp, no matter how soft his lips might be.

M
    Mystogogue

The smile on Victor's face stabilized somewhat at the handshake and his heart leapt a little at the physical contact, though he was still shaken enough from his escape that he failed to process what it could mean. Feeling a bit safer the second mention of food drew the Darkling's attention to the rumbling in his stomach as he came to realize that with the daze he had been in for the past few days he wasn't sure if he had eaten at all. He opened his mouth to respond but at the sight of the new, inhuman figure he instead flinched, instinctively taking a step towards placing Dominyk between him and the new comer with somewhat of a small 'yip' sound. Victor managed to stop himself before actually using the attractive man he had just met as cover thinking it would be rude, as well as feeling a bit better about meeting another changeling after one friendly face. He gave a small timid wave to the imposing figure before turning back to Dominyk with a, "Food would be nice, but I didn't have any money on me when I was taken. . ."

B
    Bean

At first Bubba looked concerned that he had scared the little guy, but when the musician calmed down a bit Bubba began to grin again. He looked at the Fairest's hand for a moment as if he was confused until something seemed to click in his head and he grabbed Dominyk's hand with both of his and shook it rather vigorously but harmlessly, all the time grinning at him and nodding in response to Dominyk's question. After Bubba thought he had sufficiently greeted the one man, he attempted to do the same for the other.

As he offered his massive hand to the Darkling to shake in the same fashion, he pointed to himself and with a sudden pained look on his face whispered "Buh... buh..." His voice was airy and strained, but deep and very quiet. It more sounded as if he was releasing air than trying to say his name, but he felt it got his point across. Satisfied, the pained expression was quickly replaced with a grin again.

Dominyk Prise

PRE

The inccubus’ eyes narrowed followed by the slightest raise of an eyebrow at the ogre. Seeing as he really couldn’t guess if the man was mocking him or honestly being in frustrated pain he decided to not respond entirely.

I have no intention of making you pay, Lord Victor.” he said with a nod towards the more skittish of the changelings in the current area. “That being said, let me show you around?” he said with a hand out to the significantly smaller man.

3suxx persuasion
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-01-26 08:39:34 Dominyk rolls 8 to Persuade Victor to go with him (10 Again) 10, 2, 3, 4, 9, 3, 5, 9, 5 3 successes

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.