Ended
Watch

A quiet night at the coffee house

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    S
    Scelesta

It was early in the night, Joslyn had picked this coffee shop purely out of convince its hours ran quite late, giving her ample time to spend some time amongst the living. A few small tables were placed around the sparsely decorated room, the dim lighting providing a soft quiet atmosphere in which to enjoy your drink or a quiet conversation. only two of the tables were currently occupied. One by Joslyn, and the other by a scruffy looking man in a dusty jacket, whom was currently giving the barista a dirty stare. Right now the only sounds in the place were the occasional sounds from the coffee machines, the barista talking on her cell phone, and joslyn tapping her nails against the side of her cup every now and then just to break the silence.

A cup of coffee sat on the table in front of her untouched and nearly cold. Soon enough she would have to dump it and get another cup. Every time she did it it made her miss being able to actually drink it, dumping it out felt like a waste. Occasionally she would pull a random mortal to her table, offering to buy their drink and a snack if they'd like it, some declined but the ones that didn't, tended to provide interesting conversation. Most of the time.

Pulling out her cellphone she turns off the sound, starting up a game to pass the time and glancing up at the door every so often in hopes of someone interesting coming in.

Somehow or other a good coffee had yet to lose it's thrill for Ms Tunt, and she found herself enjoying the activity of finding a quaint shop open late in which to ruminate when she wished neither to be alone nor to be in a crowd. Her favorite black and white dress fitting her perfectly as always, she strolled into the place and availed herself of a cup of espresso. Maybe the beverage reminded her of herself.

And yet she was not alone here - not free of that ever so familiar presence that tugged and begged for her to destroy it, to rend the flesh and drain the blood, to cut the head from that miserable animal that dared share space with her. Fortunately, the feeling was sufficiently familiar for her to anticipate and circumvent it with a simple act of impeccable will.

Seating herself a table, awaiting a cup of coffee and pondering whether she'd actually drink it or just bask in the warmth and the smell of it for awhile, she gave a knowing glance to the woman who was extraordinary in at least two ways they shared in common.

S
    Scelesta

Joslyn sets the phone down on the table looking up as Claire walks in and sits down. She took a few deep breaths, trying to settle her beast that had risen with Claires entrance. It was heavily reminding her that she was just playing pretend today, and no matter how she tried she was not human. Claire had ruined that and she was less then happy with the situation.

She nods her head softly in greeting, offering a small smile, before turning her seat calling out towards the Barista, before sitting herself back in her set the right way.

"Megan, I do believe you have a customer waiting."

She sighed, once again back to watching Claire trying to decide if she wanted to go speak with this beautiful woman who had ruined her night.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Fear not! Thankfully Claire may not have ruined Joslyn's evening! Claire has Mask of Tranquility invoked, so her meek and mild Beast is concealed and thus Joslyn may wish to respond with a more positive posture. We can move on from her earlier confusion and caution...perhaps induced by another Vampire passing by or something...rather than edit and cause more confusion. I hope this helps and clarifies. ~Chrisie~
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

There were just patrols and then there were patrols. Into gang territory, in crappy clothes, with brass-knuckles in pockets. Tonight, thankfully, wasn't such a night as Redfill was hitting more or less reputable restaurants in succession, looking for a more social kind of poacher: willing to risk exposure for the pleasure of conversation and seduction. It also meant he could relax as such a Kindred probably wouldn't be able to kill him quickly enough not to let him escape. Probably.

So Redfill doesn't need his usual precautions: kevlar and weapons. He simply stops his Porsche some 50 feet from the entrance to the coffee house and walks into the place. As in most social interactions, he's wearing an impeccable and very expensive suit and shiny black shoes.

His first impulse is to go to the counter and order some espresso. No to drink it, of course, just to smell it.

But then, as his gaze sweeps over the room he feels the familiar desire to fight, to win, to render limb from limb this unknown challenger. But he wasn't in the business of beating people senseless in public places. And it would be more interesting what the stranger did herself.

So Michael does as he had planned: walks up to the counter, orders himself a cup and looks for a place to sit or anyone he might know.

Spotting Claire
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-01-01 11:44:01 Michael Redfill rolls 5 to look for any known faces (Wits + Comp) (10 Again) 1, 6, 2, 8, 3 1 success

Smiling sincerely, he walks up to her, cup in hand, but doesn't sit down.

"Would you mind me intruding upon your peaceful evening, Miss Tunt?"

Aspect of the Predator is on, -1 Vitae for Blush of Life
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

The invisible monster (metaphorically speaking, of course, as she was rather noticeable to ordinary eyes) welcomed the predator who was here to make certain very special individuals nervous. "Michael! Have a seat. How are you doing this evening? I see we've ordered the same thing."

She seemed entirely comfortable making small talk with the man who was smaller than she was, and had seen his big angry front often enough to shrug it off out of habit. For all the world, it looked as though he was receiving a warm greeting from a charming mortal woman unaware of his supernatural display of power. Given the right frame of reference, of course.

Between the Blush of Life and Mask of Tranquility, Claire seems all too human tonight.

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)

PRE

Michael smiles, bows his head slightly and seats down, setting his coffee on the table.

"Thank you. It's a night out for me, actually: visiting places, sampling the atmosphere, enjoying myself. And it is excellent to bump into such excellent and calming company as yourself", - he traces the outline of his cup with his finger, - "I find the coffee here has a nice, strong aroma. Not to sound old, but it brings back a lot of memories of sleepless nights. And those were rarely unpleasant".

He pauses, thinking about just how much time he should give the new Kindred to introduce herself, before mentioning her to Claire. In the end he decides he'll give her some more:

"The end of the year is supposed to be a good time to set the foundation for what you'd like to accomplish in the next one. I hope everything is good on the professional front?"
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

Claire grins at being called 'calming' - only a select few people had ever considered her such, and she was skeptical whether Mikey was really among their number. She accepted the compliment with a nod and a smile, however.

"Of course," she says matter-of-factly when he brings up business, "I'm still turning silver into gold. But let's not talk about work here. It distracts from the espresso. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that all of yours is proceeding well also." She spoke not disparagingly of him, of course, but rather with a general cynicism as to the financial schemes of supposed masterminds from too much time spent watching them trip over their own nonsense on Wall Street. There was some sense of realism in her that might be mistaken for humility, if one didn't realize she was personally exempt from those doubts.

S
    Scelesta

Rubbing her temple she laughs quietly, realizing when Michael came in that she had confused the two. that could have gone quite badly... , but it still didnt change that fact she hadnt intended to run into any kindred tonight. The woman looked interesting and she'd nearly missed out an an opportunity thanks to him. Of course the two newcomers were now in conversation, but perhaps she could edge her way in and push Michael out. Afterall she had been here first. Of course that meant getting the woman away from him.

Pocketing her phone she walks over to the table currently occupied by Claire and Michael, standing off to the side so that she could still keep Michael in her sight. She offers an open friendly smile to Claire , and a subtle nod in Michaels direction in greeting. "I'm sorry to interrupt the two of you, but I couldnt help myself,You look like an old girlfriend of mine from highschool, did you graduate [insert name of highschool here] in 2008?"

OOC

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)

PRE

Michael sits down bowing his head slightly in thanks. An eyebrow is raised at her answer about business:

"Benefit of the doubt, eh? Things are good: I'm comfortable with my income, so there is no need to take on unnecessary risks. Have my eyes set on a few grants and potential members for an international research team."

As Joslyn approaches them he smiles at her, because who wouldn't. The smile grows a little wider as she delivers something that sounds remarkably like a pickup line. Which totally works with her honest somewhat childish looks.

Talk about the role of stereotypes in gender perceptions...

He doesn't interfere, thinking Claire more than capable of handling the situation. At some point they'll have to find out whether the girl has been Acknowledged, but why not have some fun before then? And being at a table with two totally hot women certainly tickles his ego.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1

11. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.