Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Lessons in the Dragon's Nest

THREADID
    B
    Beej

On the appointed night Supplicant Raluca sits waiting in his room on the third floor of the Chapterhouse. The bed, dressers and desk have not been moved since Intiaite Heinz departure while a few basic amenities have been added, such as a digital clock radio and an adjustable desk lamp. The walls are decorated with several crosses and religious portraits. The desk chair has been moved to the middle of the room with a chair he borrowed from the guest room sits opposite him.

As he waits for Redfill's arrival, the monk allows his mind to ponder the past few nights. His choices, his sins, his actions and lack of actions.
    Matamune Michael Redfill

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

Michael is running about 20 minutes late due to the simple fact that the place he usually goes to for quality printing isn't open tonight. He had to push the speed limit to get to the Chapter House even close to the appointed time.

The doctor get in and quickly proceeds up the stares. He then walks up to the Monk's door with a brisk pace and knocks on it:

"Sorry for being late. Can I come in?"

Today he's wearing simple blue jeans, a shirt and a black leather jacket. Under his arm he carries an A4 sized folder with something inside.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

B
    Beej

Teo comes out of himself and looks at the clock. He supposed he could be irritated but on the other hand the time had allowed for further self-reflection in his own room, not entirely an inconvenience. Rising he walks to the door and opens it "Ah, Supplicant. Please come in." he waved the man in and shut the door behind him. "Please have a seat." he gestures to the chair opposite his own as he retakes his own. "I hope this evening has been pleasant and productive thus far?"

B
    Beej

Le Bump Matamune

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)

PRE

Michael walks in, slightly bowing.

"Please excuse my being late. Unfortunately, I got held up while making this." - he opens his bag and hands the contents to Raluca.

Firstly, there is a book in Russian. The second item is the translation into English, bonded in a leather cover and printed on high-quality paper.

"This is 'Waite's Tarot as a System: Theory and Practice' by Andrew Kostenko. As far as I know, it wasn't translated into English until I ordered it. It's a good in-depth book on the history and symbolism of tarot, and I hope you will accept it as a symbol of good faith. It's highly recommended by my Sire who is better versed in the occult than I."
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1

B
    Beej

"Oh, you are too kind sir." Teo took the books and set them on the bed. "I have not had much experience with tarot beyond the selection of the Paths. I look forward learning more about it."

Once both are seated Teo beings."The reason I called you here tonight Supplicant is because as Sworn of the Dying Light, it is my responsibility to help ensure your studies are productive. And I believe they are. However there is more that you could learn that would help you and any chapterhouse you wish to be part of. In this regard I am able now to ensure this as Priscus of my clan." Teo explains as his demeanor becomes more formal. "I will until the end of my position as Priscus instruct you in Auspex. No doubt your studies will benefit greatly from enhancement of your senses and the ability to preceive auras. Not only will you be able to dicern the emotions of Kindred but to detect the presence of shapeshifters, human sorcerers and others that wear the face of Kine and Kindred. Auspex will also allow you, as practitioner of Protean an extremely powerful ability. When they are combined, when one uses Haven of Soil on ley lines or wyrm nest, the user is able to..sample and identify the arcane energies that are present." Teo lets the explanation hang in the air for a moment. "I am not asking for any compensation or repayment. If you do feel the need, you can at some later date that is up to you and whatever you feel comfortable with."

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)

PRE

Michael nods and smiles seeing that his gift is appreciated:

"Waite's tarot has complex symbology, taking root in many streams of occult knowledge. I find it to be a good tool for research and meditation and hope it will do the same for you."

Stay calm, Mike
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-11-30 00:07:34 Michael Redfill rolls 5 to keep calm (Res + Comp) (10 Again) 6, 5, 2, 9, 6 1 success

After the second part of the Monk's speech Michael is silent for quite a while, before finally replying in a carefully maintained voice:

"Your offer is beyond generous, Brother Raluca. To be honest, I thought that we were going to work on temporary imparting of the Sight, but learning the Discipline... You say that you don't need anything in exchange, but I believe that such gestures shouldn't go unrewarded. It will be repayed in time."

With a smile and quite a bit of eagerness in his voice, he asks:

"So. How do we start?"
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1

B
    Beej

Teodor inwardly smiled. While there were many gifts Redfill and Callum had that Teo wanted, he knew that the Lord would deliver to him through them what he needed. Perhaps Redfill's own comment on need and reward was some sign of the Father's awareness.

Reaching into his cassock, he pulled out a palm sized piece of volcanic rock and was as about as thick thick as his hand. Auspex is about senses, sharpening and expanding them. But it is also about making all but the one you desire fall away. Take this rock." He passes the stone to Redfill. "It is honeycomb of fissures and crannies. When you run your fingers across it your skin catches ever so slightly on the holes. Focus on your fingers. What do they feel? How does your skin move against the stone?"

Scene fades to black as Teo begins teaching Redfill the secrets of Auspex.

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.