Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
101 - 110
DISPLAYED
Glissade Tournament

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 11 of 20 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... Last

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

"She's little, but she's skilled," Orphan says. "She beat me fair and square. Not too thrilled about it, but it just means I have to train harder, to be able to counter her technique. Good you won your first one, though." Still sort of groggy, he tries to sit up, then falls back down. "Tam fight yet?" he asks.
    Tam shows up right behind Tug.

"Not yet, Orphan. That fight looked tough. I would have liked facing her, but she seems ... not right. I think she was sick."

Twist

Hound, Lady Viscount, Invictus
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks •• (Alluring)
    Public Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Sand

Striking Looks •• (Curvy)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Seeing Neil make her way toward her, Twist grinned in delight and made a beeline for him as well. She tried to reply to his greeting and got as far as opening her mouth and even saying "Neil! He--" but he was off again and she her eyes crinkled in humor at his string of words.

When he had finished she waited a moment, just to make sure, and then spoke. "Crazy indeed. I am sorry I am late- streetlamps? I didn't realize those were considered weapons." She glanced toward the seats he indicated and grinning she turned back to him, "Front row? I love a boy who treats a girl right. Well, what are we waiting for?" Laughing she hooked an arm through his and then impulsively leaned up to give him a quick kiss on the cheek.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"Streetlamps," Nightfall confirmed, after he had adjusted to receive her kiss on the lips. He gave her an impish smile and continued, "Streetlamps with refrigerators tied to the end to make a hammer." He led led her to the seats, giving a covert middle finger to anyone who tried to talk to him.

"Psssssh, and I love a girl who likes dancing and fighting," he replied, waving around to encompass Glissade as proof. "I've got to take care of a girl like that. How's work going?" he asked, curious. The last time he'd seen her, she'd said she was training to get ready for the next series of shows.

Twist

Hound, Lady Viscount, Invictus
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks •• (Alluring)
    Public Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Sand

Striking Looks •• (Curvy)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing lightly at his quick head turn, she followed easily, moving to take the one marked with her initials.

"I try hard to impress those I like. Hopefully I can continue to do so with you. Maybe if you teach me another way to handle a weapon?" And grinning a wicked smile she leaned in close to whisper in his ear, "And after, we can explore another weapon I am fond of using?" Stilll smiling she curled her hand under and into his as she leaned back, her smile still showing lingering signs of devious thoughts.

"Work is busy. But going well over all. Your work seems busy too. You must be pleased with the turnout tonight."

Vauban

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Ah...yes....I think I can recall," Jayant says, very carefully. He could remember now exactly whom he was, snooping around the building following Bethem's murderous spree. There was something peculiar about the man, but Jayant didn't know what it was so let it be.

"Did you find what you were looking for?" he asks politely.
    John shook his head, his dissapointment clear on his face. "I never found who did it. If I did I would have done everything..." He paused, looking more and more fustrated as he thought about it. "And what about you? You found what you were looking for?"

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Sure," Neil mumbled, blushing furiously. "Absolutely," he added with a bit more self-assurance. He still felt terrible about her wonderful gift, and being too broke to reciprocate -- so it was the least he could do. Was she incorporating it into a an act? And what did she need teaching?

"I am, I am," he replied to her comment about the turnout. "It's a bit overwhelming -- I guess I'm not much of an event planner," he added, blushing again. Really, he was just praying no one got too hurt for his rent-a-doc to patch up and sued him. "I'm hoping to see more new students from this, and I had to kind of announce the name change... so..."

"There's been some good fights, but some have been pretty lopsided... now that the first rounds are almost over, we should start seeing some of the better stuff."

OK. Curiosity killed the cat... or got the cat abducted. Still...

"What is it you're wanting to learn?" he asked seriously, turning to look at her, feeling her cool hand in his.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Amped up on what Ruby assumes must be Methamphetamines and Barbituates, somehow that mad girl manages to pummel a man three times her size. Ruby's frown of disgust digs deeper into her face with each violent exchange as she wonders whether someone will have the sense to stop this match. She also wonders why a grown man has agreed to fight a lady under any circumstances.

When the girl goes down, Ruby flinches in genuine concern. How awful. Her eyes flick to Sully, hoping that this event hasn't triggered some misguided protective impulse.

Mateo Benavides
    Mateo Benavides

PRE

((OOC: SDog was having some issues and not being able to post so asked me to post this for him))

SHOULDABEENADOG:
    Sully just looks at Ruby as she expends a slew of information about the poor girl's habits. However, lord have mercy on his soul before he got interested in some addict. And so when she got the shit beat out of her, he merely was sympathetic.

Turning to Mister Mustafa, "She's my sister." The proud look of a brother whose sister whose made herself a good honest living doing good things.

Its a good thing she's not some hooker. Then again...No, its Betsy, she isn't some hooker. I will have to ask about that weird name though...

Peter realizes his bout is coming up, and moves off to put on the padded armor. He's already wearing a long-sleeved black t-shirt and plain black lightweight work gloves along with OD green cargo pants and plain black boots. He realized the boots meant he wouldn't be kicking anyone, but he didn't intend to.

His last item, as he gets prepared, is a simple thing. He cuts the tail of his t-shirt, fashioning it into a makeshift mask (not unlike Grifter's mask from the comics) and making sure to cut good-sized eye holes so there's no chance of the mask blocking his vision. It's not the best mask, but it'll work on an impromptu basis.

"This should prevent any sort of questioning as to why I'm not bruising, since no one will be able to see the bruising... or lack thereof... and it should throw off the cameras, too," Peter thinks as he mentally runs down his list, making sure he's got everything in line. As he mentally prepares himself, he feels other predators in the area. Forcing his own beast down, he firmly admonishes his impulses. This is not the time or place. Not even close. He does a few push ups, not to physically warm up -- his undead body had no need -- but to help him focus his mind, meditating as he pumped out push up after push up as a form of focusing tactic. After a good hundred, he stands, having repressed the predatory urges that tell him others of his kind are around.

"It's almost game time," he says quietly, as he moves back out where he was earlier -- able to see the ring, but far enough back no one should notice him or accidentally catch him in a photo.

Vauban

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

John was about to continue his conversation when he heard that He and Marcus Evans were up next. He gave q quick nod to Jayant before heading off to the ring.

Marcus focuses inwardly as he steps into the ring. Ignoring his opponent, the ferocious crowd, and the iron butterflies in his gut, he touches that part of himself that is Elemental... one with the world. He feels stronger and more confident as he locks eyes with his opponent. Crap... figures. He salutes his fellow Courtier with a raised fist and a bow of his head, then gets ready to rumble.

Combat stuff

John nods to the other elemental, gears churning and sputtering for but a moment before clicking and running much more efficiently. His seeming ability taking place as he braced himself, ready for combat.

Combat stuff

Marcus falters at first, not wanting to fight a fellow Courtier. He feels the same towards me. He focuses upon winning and swings with all his might at the clock-work man.

2 bashing

John Winces as he felt the wind knocked out of him. he steadied himself and threw a punch of his own at the metal man.

1 bashing

Marcus is just trying to defend himself and not look too stupid... in doing so, he gets a few lucky strikes in...

3 bashing

John switches to the defence, waiting for an opening to show itself.

Defence doubled

Sensing his opponents weakness, Marcus goes full-throttle, attacking full-on, regardless of the consequences.

3 Bashing

The world Blurred for a moment, John reeling in pain, but he realized that Marcus had left himself wide open for a counter attack. With every inch of will he could muster, John Went all out with every bit of power.

6 Bashing, exceptional suxx

Marcus staggers at the force of The Clock-work man's attack and can't react.

OOC

This was Johns last chance, as much as he hated hurting others of his court, he really could use the money. He raises his fists and launched another flurry of Punch's towards the Metal man. But the pain was too much, and his blows did little
    Failure

He missed... Marcus tries one last lunge at his opponent, using a move he learned in rugby, he forces his opponent into submission.
    2 bashing

As John felt the last blow, he realized that he wasn't going to make it. The sound of the referee giving the round to Marcus told him that much. He felt some blood welting up in his mouth. No doubt he would need to visit the rent-a-doc. He gave Marcus a nod before stumbling off, world spinning as he struggled to stay conscious...
    Out but still up

Marcus: -4 WP

Page 11 of 20 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... Last
Closed Thread