Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
under the (setting) sun

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    L
    LoneRanger

As any Moros can testify, their main point is the moment of change, the precise moment in which life ends and death starts, or, if you want, the exact moment in which the sun set, and the Rosengarten Dolomites are coloured with a pink colour.

King Laurin's Garden of Roses appears during sunsets, because it is nor night nor day. But that's another story; Another legend, to be precise.

Anyway, Mr. Rossi is walking on the bridge in this particular fine day of the end of summer. A pilgrimage in the main symbol of the city. To better observe the bridge and the recent works. to stroll around there . Or to reach out a place where to have a beer.

It is evening and the sun is starting to set and a sweet summer breeze comes from the sea. he atmosphere is filled up with that sweet sadness which happens to be frequent in the end of summer evenings'

The Necromancer is wearing a white shirt with grey trouser and comfy sandals, without any socks. he wears sunglasses, placed over his forehead, and has a small bag, where he takes some piece of notebook. A newspaper emerges from the bag. He walks with a confident stride, stopping here and there to look at the bridge.

spell cast at home

Bishop

Presence: ●●● (Professional)

Status (News Media): ●
    Status (Concealed Firearms License): ●●
    Status (P.I.): ●
    Status (Consilium): ●
    Status (Guardian of the Veil): ●

Cast at home
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-09-09 08:30:48 Bishop rolls 9 to Aura Perception (WIT3+Emp1+Mind2+Tool1+HS2) (10 Again) 6, 5, 3, 4, 5, 4, 8, 10, 10, 4, 9 4 successes
    2013-09-09 08:29:17 Grim Sight rolls 9 to Grim Sight (WIT3+Occ1+Dea2+HS2+Tool1) (10 Again) 6, 3, 10, 3, 4, 1, 6, 2, 8, 8 3 successes

<Volunteer, they said. It's easy cash, they said.> Bishop sighed for the fifth time in as many minutes. He needed a little extra cash and had had the massively brilliant idea of listening to one of the guys from the graphics department at the Sacramento Bee. So they told him to "volunteer for the backgrounders". Genius! Fifty bucks for running through the city and taking photographs from sites that were iconic, picturesque or in any other way nice to look at and good for use at a newspaper. It saved the company dollars, since the did not need to go to any professional studio for this. At first, the idea had appealed to Bishop. Rent a camera from the graphics guys, check the list and move out.
    He had his experiences with cameras and all was fine and dandy, until he had seen the "list". It was...excrutiatingly long. And for three quarters he would either need a helicopter, a satellite or something else to get the right perspective.

So here he was, running around town, working on the last quarter of the list. He had already some decent shots in the bag, when he arrived at the Tower Bridge. He had saved the most iconic subject for last. The evening light was very helpful and created good ambient lighting.

<As if the graphics guys wouldn't photoshop the crap out of anything I deliver... he thought.

The camera bag bounced against his hips and tore at black leather jacket, as he craned his neck around in order to determine the best angle for the shot. He wore black working shoes with an integrated steel cap. Gray pants and a white, collared whirt rounded his outfit.
    Bishop made his way down to the river and moved some two hundred meters away. The sun was setting behind him and he took out the camera, focussing on the bridge and fired away.

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-10-01 13:47:46 Bishop rolls 2 to Taking Pictures Int (2) + Crafts(-3unskilled) + Willpower (+3) (10 Again) 5, 7 failure

He was pretty sure, he had at least one decent shot in the camera. After five minutes he discovered the lonely figure on the bridge. He zoomed in, stopped and blinked. His...other...senses told him something. He was pretty sure, that this guy wouldn't like to be on any photo without his consent. Bishop forgot his frustration. He stowed the camera away and made his way back to the bridge.

He approached the man in the sandals.

"Evening, Sir. I hope I am not intruding. I have taken some pictures of this marvellous piece of architecture. Unfortunately I realised too late, that you are on some of them. If you want, I'll delete them. Or, if you don't mind, I'll invite you to a beer for your troubles."
    Health: [][][][][][][] | Willpower: ●●●OO | Basic Mana: 6/11 |
    „Spoken.“ | Thought | Done
    War is worse than Hell - in Hell, there are no innocent bystanders...

L
    LoneRanger

Mr. Rossi starts noticing the hues of colour and patterns of the fading light shimmering on the bridge. As the dusk settle in, the world is tinged of gold, jade, bordoux.
    Flashes of purple amaranth at the distant horizon.

The gaze looks and follows the night raising, the darkness coming.

The Italian Moros is watching the scene and is immersed in his thought with his hand placed back, as all of a sudden a voice comes to draw him from his intellectual conundrum and talks about photoes and so on. He turns to meet the newcomer and his heightened sense sees, perceives a particular tinge in the shape of the other person. A fellow one, one who walks in the same Stygian path?

Mr. Rossi smiles at him, waving the right hand, as to imply not much disturb. With a pleasant and amicable voice, he answer to him.

-"Uhm, no disturb at all; it happens... but a beer would be fine, thank you. You seem to have travelled a long, distant Path, to be here. I am Mr. Rossi, nice to meet you, Mr?."-

And he offers to the journalist a friendly hand to shake.

1 suxx resonance
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-09-11 15:12:02 spot the trick rolls 6 to Int+Occ(6) (10 Again) 1, 2, 7, 9, 6, 2 1 success

Bishop

"You can call me Bishop, Mr. Rossi." Bishop sized the man up with his eyes, while shaking his hand.
    "Well, my path has lead me a good many steps around until I came here. Mostly work, but when it comes gift-wrapped in a spectacular view, it won't mind."

Bishop took a look around and decided, it was enough work for one day. He had enough pictures for another filled fridge and could allow a drink or two this evening.

"So, any idea, where to get a drink around here?" He let the question hang in the air. Bishop knew plenty of watering holes around town, but he was curious and wanted to know, what Mr. Rossi had in mind. The bars people chose told stories about personalities sometimes, so if you wanted to start knowing the guy, seeing his habits in place would help.

L
    LoneRanger

Mr. Rossi listen with attention to Bishop's words, with a kind smile. The foreigner Moros looks around, after hearing the modest proposal of the newcomer.

-I thought you were inviting me to have a drink, at least... Uhm, I wanted a fish dinner.-

-"Ah, it is a bit of a nice evening... Uhm, that way.. there is a fish restaurant, Joe Crab's Shack. We can order, have a drink and put something in our stomach, how about that, if you like fish? Otherwise Tower Bridge Bistro might be quite convenient."-

Mr. Rossi says so, with a gentle smile in his face. extending his arm and indicating Riverfront Docks, letting a bit of his original Italian accent.

Mr. Rossi looks around, as the sun starts to receed completely from the horizon, the lingering light start to fade and the electric light starts to come to life. This day is done, the night lurks and move forward, casting his dark mantle over Sacramento.

Bishop

Bishop considered his options and decided.

"Fish it is, then. I don't know the place yet and it's always nice to know a bar with decent food in my line of work. Who knows, maybe my next column filler can be about the Crab Shack."

He held out one hand, indicating for Mr. Rossi to take the lead.

"After you. Unless you were waiting for someone else?"

L
    LoneRanger

Mr. Rossi looks at the other person with a gentle smile; he puts his hand together and then he raises them with the open palms, as in it happens. With a cheerful, tone, veined with his native italian accent, he tells him.

-"He could catch us any way around. It's on the docks. Shall we go?

And starts moving with small steps, looking at the simbol of the City.

-"Rather impressive piece of architecture, eh?

Bishop

Bishop falls in step besides the new aquaintance. He taxed him from the corner of his eye.
    <Italian...or at least Italian roots. Thank god I did not propose to get pizza or pasta.> Bishop thought to himself. <Soft spoken, good to average clothing, speaks about architecture...college? No, too old. PhD maybe.>

"Well, impressive for its own time. I like buildings, where people still thought in smaller ways and when it still mattered to have a little...style is not the right word. Hm..." Bishop trailed off.
    "For lack of a word: Ornamentation comes to mind." He looked up into the steel construction of the bridge, taking in the details of the vertical lift construction.
    "However beautiful the design may be, if I am not mistaken, it is already out of date. Suspension bridges are the latest, I suppose."

Bishop turned his face towards the italian mage. "The other guy...is he of the same inclination as we are?"

L
    LoneRanger

Mr. Rossi looks at the monuments and then listen to the point of Bishop with attention and care. The foreigner Moros nods at him, looking forward; his face frowns a bit, but then turns quickly to a smile.

-Suspension bridge,uh I am more interested in the symoblic value of the bridge rather then else.-

The old Moros resists the urge to cite Oscar Wilde, as he was torn between At twilight, nature is not without loveliness, though perhaps its chief use is to illustrate quotations from the poets. and We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. until the journalist mentions again the other person.

-"[s]Ah yes, he walks our path, I met him in a cemetary. So[s/] How is your business going in this fine city?"-

Bishop

Bishop turned his head to look at the mage with the italian inflexion. He could not quite decide, what to make of the question. <Is he curious, or is he a really good actor sniffing for an opening?> He sighed and smiled at the man.
    <It's likely he is both.>

"Well, business is business. I need to raise some cash to fill the fridge, so I work extra hours for board-offers at the sacramento bee." He patted the camera-bag. "My usual line of work is writing articles as a freelancer...but then again, most of it is for the bee as well. I can't land a contract at the moment due to financial crisis. But I have an office for all my contributions I land with the cities newspaper."

Bishop took a look around. "I also work as a P.I. sometimes."
    Bishop smiled without any warmth in his eyes.
    "Allow me to demonstrate. You are clothed well, you are well mannered and you have a faible for architecture...or a rare gift for small talk. Plus, you are inquisitively curious. If I had to size you up, I'd say college education, either philosophy major or natural sciences."
    Bishop allowed for some good natured humor to enter his tone of voice, while winking at the other man.
    "And since you name is not on a list of contacts, I recently acquired, I would suspect that you are likely to be either one of the awakened bookworms or of the metal staircase. How am I doing so far?"

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-10-01 13:34:19 Bishop rolls 5 to Wits (3) + Investigation (2) for reading Mr Rossi (10 Again) 2, 4, 6, 7, 7 failure

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.