Ended
Watch

Open Mic at the Temple

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

The Midtown Temple was hosting another Open-Mic Evening!

It seemed to attract an odd crowd and the management hoped that sales of pie, cake and assorted beverages might climb the charts tonight.

For the moment though, it was relatively quiet, for a night with an open mic set up. It was the third Open-Mic Night at this Dutch-styled coffee shop.

Open Mic night!

It was something guaranteed to grab Martha's attention. Armed with a few decks of cards in her satchel...just in case the Muse takes her to show a few card tricks...she once again makes her way to see what's on at the Temple!

Tiny Martha limps into the Temple and looks around...trying to see whom is around...trying to identify the background music...tonight's choice seemed elusive and she failed to place it...

She decided to ask someone soon and silently hoped Ariel Pink would be absent from the playlist...and looked to spot where the fire exits are.

Martha is neatly attired in her usual modest English school uniform: a neat straw boater, a black blazer...a pair of scholarly...yes, she'd admit it..."Hipster" style...spectacles are perched daintily on the end of her nose, she wears a long gymslip which shows her crossed legs to mid calf...her raven black hair is tied into two very long twin tails, each with the red ribbon bows.

A swift glance would reveal that most of her left leg is obviously a C-Leg prosthetic. She wears a white kneesock on her flesh leg and a pair of carefully polished black Oxford pattern shoes, a crisp white blouse is obvious where the Edwardian style gymslip reveals it, as is her red necktie tucked neatly into her gymslip. She wears a useful looking school satchel and carries a simple metal walking cane. Though smelling of minty toothpaste and lemonade, she's shunned more obvious cosmetics.

She emits no Beast but and has invoked her Blush of Life.

Her petite presence may seem almost palpably sweet and innocent.

Limping over to the counter she offers the counter-clerk a shy, even gentle, smile and inspects the menu and again scouts the place for exits, fire appliances and then to see whom else was around...

-1 Vitae for Blush of Life
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

k
    kimura

For the first time in ages Kiko, The Eternal Student, was well.. friskier and far more playful than the past few months had allowed and by the gods she deserved to go do something fun and inventive!! Especially because she'd not celebrated her birthday yet.. and why not this would be the perfect time!

Dressed in her old summer school uniform, she was feeling a might goofy for once and damn it she was in a good mood finally! Stepping slowly inside the establishment she cast her curious gaze about the place and the intoxicating aroma's in the air.

"Hmm wonder what sort of interesting.. stuff.. I might get into? Hopefully this will be an inventive late birthday celebration.. damn I wish I'd have gotten some Sake the other day..oh well.." she half spoke to no one and half mumbled the statement.

Noticing a few patrons stare openly at her, Kiko can't help but grin inside a small hint of pride, if that was truly was the case, though her cheeks did redden a little with such 'exposure' but she was in the mood for fun and like the feline part soul she swore she carried, stares were apart of the game.. apart of the dance and pulse of life.

Heading towards the bar with a light bounce in her step she, unknowingly, found a seat beside @Martha Villiers as a soft sigh escaped her lips as she took a Menu and then noticed, the attire, sitting beside her nodding her head at the persons choice of attire with a smile.

Well guess I'm not the only awesome person in Sacramento..

B
    Beej

It was thankfully cooler, if a touch muggy. Well muggy for Vincent anyway. When you grow up in LA, anything above 10 percent is just weird. Locking his bike up he walked into the coffee shop and headed for the bar. Trojans shirt sticking to him as he was a little sweaty from his ride, he was really looking forward to an ice-cold iced tea, one that was not 50 percent sugar. If you want super sugar caffeine, just get a soda. Why ruin tea? He thought as he snaked a finger under his eye-patch and wiped away a little sweat that had accumulated.

The other purpose for him being here was open mic night. Fishing out his wallet from his boardies he spotted Ms. Villiers ( Chrisie ), one of the donors from the Stutter shindig and apparently in an old-tyme school outfit. Hmm..weird. he thought has he smiled and gave her a little wave. Then he spotted Kiko, also in a school girl outfit. While that was not a huge suprise, two people in school girl outfits at a coffee shop that wasn't costume night was odd. Did I miss some flyer? he wondered as he approached the littlier mage. "Heya." he said as he actually didn't know her real name. "Whats happening?" He took the seat next to her's.

The menu, of course, was written behind the counter on the wall, no print outs were available, just like that despicable chain restaurant Starbucks.

William wiped his hands on a white towel and planted his hipsterlicious ass right in front of the register. “Can I get you anything in particular?” he said with a faint smile.

Things rarely went as planned, and he wasn’t having the best day as it was, but that was what happened when you lived the hipster-thug life.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiles and looks over the top of both her spectacles and the menu to greet Kiko with a cheery wave.

As she listens to Kiko's explanation of recent events and giggles in merry glee;

"Ah! Good evening, Miss! I see...I see...I should like to wish you a happy birthday! May I purchase for you a cake to mark the occasion?"

With a smile, she nods towards the cake and pastries on display.

There's another wave to the newly arrived gentleman;

"Ah! Mr Royce! What a delight to see you again! May I introduce Miss Kiko! She and I met one evening whilst out jogging!" she giggles merrily.

"Miss Kiko...may I introduce Mr Royce! Mr Royce has an active interest in space technology!" she adds usefully and happily. Clearly in a good mood at recalling the talk at Sutter of space travel.

"Miss Kiko recently celebrated her birthday! I was about to purchase a cake for her...and I should be glad to purchase a cake and drink for you too, sir!" tiny Martha watches each with her wide eyes.

Turning to address the friendly looking William she smiles;
    "Pastries! What manner of pastries would you recommend, please, sir?" she asks with almost breathless cheeriness.

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

It had been a while since Kassidy had made any deliberate effort to really appear convincingly female, but tonight he went for it, carefully selecting make-up to soften his face more, Pulled his long bottle-blonde hair into a high ponytail, and slipped on a little black dress with gold trim. he was going to be singing Tonight, so he opted for matching heels over comfort.

He looked pretty damn good, if he had to say so.

3 suxx to pass as a woman
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-09-09 12:59:58 Kassidy Harrington rolls 4 to Passing as Female Wits+Sub+SL (10 Again) 8, 9, 1, 8 3 successes

Kassidy was smiling to himself as he entered the Temple, a little extra confidence in each step she took. He headed for the counter to look for the sign-up sheet for the mic. Though he got a little distracted when he spotted Martha too. There were two others too, had they ordered yet?

"Errr.... If you're still deciding, may I go first? Sorry." Kassidy gave the gathered people a sheepish smileand the back of his neck.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Velma's appearance at the Temple was one of pure chance.

The Daeva had picked up a flyer, the same way she picks up a lot of flyers, she actually read the first few words and was about to toss it casually to the ground. She is from a time when people usually threw litter on the floor and could care less about sustainability or a carbon footprint so it really isn't a fault of character or education...

But this time with this flyer her attention actually got picked.

Mic night you could read on it, big bold letters. "Why not!?" She thought.

So off she went to the Temple, a light leather jacket, stylish fedora some jeans and snickers and she was game.

After the songstress passed a twenty to the cabbie she moved inside the dutch styled coffee shop, she steeled her beast when she felt a somehow familiar presence, Kassidy. Velma actually allowed her casual smile to lie about her more atavistic intents as to what to do to the trespasser.

Her eyes looked around again and much to her surprise she found Martha in there to.

Velma approached the assembled group and offered a very polite but very casual: "Hi there!" A delicate hand risen in greeting not just to petite Martha but to the others as well.
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

k
    kimura

Once Kiko realized who she'd sat down beside she beamed a bright honest smile "Martha-chan!" she reached over to hug the smaller woman gently, yet from the practical squeal in her voice it was obvious the Shaman had not seen her acquaintance in a long while and it tugged at her soul. Though, there was the Secrecy.. sometimes she hated it but then again.. to save Martha from a random attack or worse made the young woman choke down her sadness.

"I..If you want to Miss then umm anything with chocolate.." said with an equally mischievous grin. As Reverb showed up she bowed her head politely to him and there was that something about her tonight that quite possibly screamed

I

Will

Have

FUN!!

"Just came out to celebrate my birthday is all.. it was a few weeks ago but.. work and all.. but seems the fates smile on me tonight and I'm in good company and possibility to bounce and maybe sing."

As Kassidy approached she simply blinked and blushed "Wow.. that's.. pretty" she shook her head trying to not look like a fool but well this was Kiko after all.. foolishness and downright chaos and confusion followed in her wake.

Then a moment or so later when Velma came in she could not help but blush brighter and catch herself from feeling so.. overwhelmed ..

When did Sacramento suddenly gain the Monopoly on really nice looking people? I'm.. nope not a chance..

Azure's constant vacillation between introversion and extroversion was leaning ever so slightly towards the latter this evening, so she loaded her keyboard into her trunk and headed over to the neat little coffee shop that had advertised an open mic night. She was not sure exactly what she'd play, though, not being much of a singer, but at the very least she'd talk to somebody.

She headed in at first, wearing her beige jacket and worn, favorite blue jeans, leaving her keyboard in her trunk for now while she scopes the place out. Hopefully she'd find a friend to help her carry the thing in, or they'd already have one set up.

She raises her eyebrows in recognition of Kiko, but having barely spoken with her before, does not wave yet as she approaches the counter. As soon as she's prepared to make her order, eyes scanning the menu, she points to the chocolatiest baked good, saying, "I'd like that, and a mocha."

B
    Beej

Active interest in space...that's one way to introduce people.

"Kiko and I have bumped into each other a few times." And by bumped I mean we're part of a secret society of reality bending wizards fighting minions of invisible men in the sky. Hellooooo anti-psychotic meds. But cake did sound good? "Thanks. Uh...well...I'll have whatever the bithday girl wants to have and..a green ice tea?"

5suxx perception
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-09-11 13:56:23 Reverb rolls 5 to Wit2+Comp3 (10 Again) 10, 6, 6, 9, 10, 5, 10, 9 5 successes

When someone saddled up next to the group and asked if they were done ordering yet. Reverb turned his head awkwardly to get a look at the person. A chick..guy in a dress. School girls, cross dressing....did I miss the anime portal when I walked in? "Uh..I think we're still ruminating? So you should go right ahead." he replied to the person in the black dress before turning back to Kiko and Martha. "I heard they had open mic tonight, it'll be interesting to see how well the crowd does. Sometimes it's so bad it wraps back round to good. But how have you been Miss Villiers? I haven't seen you since the Sutter event."

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread