Ended
Watch

(Private) On the Guiding Hand

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

After checking the schedule of the various rooms in the Chapterhouse, Aïleen had settled on that night to go and meet Brother Raluca privately. She had come to Sacramento with a purpose in mind, but had she gotten lost in the way ? Without her mortal parents, or Ashek, to converse with, the basis of her life were unavailable to support her through her uncertainties. But there may be other doors opening at the same time... Hopefully, Brother Raluca would help her see which path was the one she was to take.

The Mekhet walked into the Chapterhouse with a Bible and laptop in her backpack. She often went with her instinct on matters of Faith, more than the letter of the Book, but perhaps that was why she was now lost. Anyway, she needed someone to talk to, and he really stood out as the man to see now.

B
    Beej

The sound of a soft metallic tap tap tap mingled with barely audible music floats out of the Meditation Room. Inside the room there are two a-frames with a seven foot beam of red wood clamped to them. The upper three feet of the beam are in the process of being chiseled into the stake. Teodor stands at the tapering end with a hammer and chisel, methodically chipping away, refining the form. Wood shavings stick to his beard, linen shirt and black slacks as well as cover the floor around him. A small solar and crank powered radio sits next to tool-box softly playing a classic rock station.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

When she entered the Chapterhouse, Aïleen first worried there may have been some misunderstanding, since it seemed empty. In the silence of the huge mansion, she could hear the soft sounds coming from above, and walked toward them. it seemed there was activity above. Her soft footsteps barely made a sound on the stair, and she reached the Meditation Chamber in silence. It was then that she spotted Brother Raluca, and his work.

"Good evening, Brother. I hope I'm not interrupting anything ?" she asked, as she took it all in. The Impaled... it made no sense to her, but she had come to accept that there were many facets to the Kindred Society.

B
    Beej

Teodor glanced up at his name, pausing the hammer. "Supplicant McFarlane, good evening. Oh, no. Please come in." He said as he took both tools in one hand and started brushing shavings off of the front of him. "I am just making preparations for Ms. Bingen's ritual. How can I help you?" asking as he waved toward one of the low seats in the chamber. He tilts his head back slightly and juts his jaw forward and looks down his face at his beard and rackes his fingers through to get wood flakes ut.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

So this was Ms Bingen's ritual... it shed some new light on the woman, and one Aïleen found sinister. But who was she to judge ? "Is that so ?" was all she said, her tone more academic curiosity than revulsion. More, not instead.

Circling carefully around the tools and parts littered on the ground, she walked to the low seat that Brother Raluca had shown, and sat. She looked at the man's appearance, his grandfatherly outlook that you wanted to trust. She looked at him, and wondered where to start. Well, first things first, then.

"Well, thank you for receiving me when I can see you're busy. And thank you for your reply to my letter, it already gave me strength... Much needed strength." she admitted openly.

B
    Beej

Satisfied his beard is clean of shavings, he puts the tools down in his tool box and then picks up another of the low seats. Walkign around the stake and a-frame, Racula puts it down across from Aileen and sits down, cross legged. If he noticed the intonation on the comment about Bingen's preparations, he does not show it. "I am happy to assist you in anyway I can." he with his usually warm smile, causally looking over her for any signs of outward distress. "Please, tell me what is troubling you cousin." while he had read letter it was always best to allow the other person to begin the discussion.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

With Raluca sat, Aïleen could see him in the eyes, and she tried to peer into it for any sign of... of what ? Comfort ? Solace ? Forgiveness ? Direction ? It was hard to tell her needs apart, so she went on a limb, and tried to trust him, opening the latch of the door on her mind.

"Well... you see..." great start if she had ever heard one.

"I've been born and raised in a catholic family. While I've never really considered God as a constant support by my side - a crutch, so to say, I've always thought that... He had plans for us, and that so long as we did as He wanted, we would be fine." she didn't sob, but only because she took her time, and tried to speak as calmly as possible, from a distance, as if describing someone's else life instead.

"I still do, as a matter of fact. And I want to do what He wants, but that's what I fear I've lost..." there, she had to pause. There were still many things to explain, and she needed to brace herself. And to see whether Brother Raluca already had anything to contribute. She didn't really know what to expect from the man.

B
    Beej

Teodor nods as Aileen speaks, considering what she has to say carefully. While the branch of Christian church changed, the core uncertainty was there. It was what the Spears honed in on with their ministry. Lost faith? Lost feeling the presense? Lost the desire to toil? He waits patiently, smiling soft reassurance. He would not rush her or jump widely to conclusions.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Since Teodor was all ears, and that she had started speaking in earnest, Aïleen went on with her story, smiling back now and then at the man's patience and kindness.

"I should explain some more. From a young age, I've had dreams, visions, hunches... call it as you want. It's been a burden more often than not, and I have long thought it was a hurdle put in my path by God, something to overcome and shape myself around to suit His purpose. It seemed to only make sense, and I diligently worked in that way.

But lately I've come to wonder... what if God had other plans, and I had been mislead by those Dreams, giving them a meaning they don't have. What if they had been sent all along to drive me away from my purpose ? How could I know if they've been sent by Him, or... not.

Do you see the quandary I'm in, Brother ? I've lost the path I should be treading from sight..."
    she said, her tone pleading.

B
    Beej

Interesting. Teo's curiosity, if not peaked before, was not going of like radar during the Blitz. How very interesting.

He nods to himself for a moment, processing what she has said. "I see. Before considering who may have sent them, we should examine the phenomenon first. Could you describe any differences or similarity from your...visions before and after your Embrace? Perhaps an example of each before and after? ave there any instances where these insights were proved wrong?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread