Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Just Hanging Around

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

It was all foggy, the room was strange. Miach could tell, despite not being able to see fully yet, and being strapped...he was strapped oddly upside down too.

He couldn’t move his head yet, and the only view that was starting to come into focus was the wall: white with a dark brown line at the top...or bottom, which ever was closest to his head.

He could feel the pain and numbness of blood re-entering parts of his body. And the general feeling of uncomfortability settled over him, just a little further when he realized he was in his boxers only. At least whatever was at his back wasn’t cold.

Bigpaw you can give me a [Perception - 2]
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Miach

PRE

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-07-22 00:38:00 Miach rolls 4 to Wits 3 + Comp 3 - 2 (10 Again) 4, 1, 4, 3 failure

As his foggy eyes opened upon a white wall, Miach's first thought was Damn, it's been a long time since I had that kind of hangover !

The feeling of his blood made him realize something was wrong about the hangover, though, and as soon as he had collected his thoughts, he remember that he had been struck by that cursed woman from WiW ! She had plagued him with botulism - in Sutter ! - and now he was... somewhere. But he was alive at least, which was already a start.

Trying to keep his calm, and looking around for any clues, Miach couldn't see or hear or smell anything telling. He was still too dizzy as it was.

There was the sound of a rather loud pop as a pair of legs ...at least they could be legs came into view. There was the sound of wooshing followed by a jaw rattling shake that went through Miach’s entire body.

“I know you’re awake.”

The voice came shifting through Miach’s tweaked senses. Slowly as he realizes it, he’s upside down and there seems to be a faint...glow. Around the woman’s legs, almost as if the air around her is shimmering with sunlit dust motes.

“Still tweaking then? Fine.”

She stomped away to some place the willworker couldn’t see; though his mouth tasted funny, like leftover vodka. And everything seemed extra sterile.

Miach

PRE

Though he couldn't make head or tail of the details, one thing seemed sure to Miach. He was in some kind of lab, and he was on the wrong side of the experimentation table. The woman's voice, and her casual treatment of his situation made his nerves wrack. He wanted to scream his fear and outrage, but didn't even dare do that. Mentally, he was a mess.

I'm gonna die. I'm gonna suffer. I'm never gonna leave. Why me ? I didn't deserve it ! Who is she ? Why ? What ? Where ? When ? I'm gonna die...

Without any point of comparison, it was hard to tell, but the Acanthus was pretty sure it took him quite some time to adjust. By the time he had come to admit the fact that he'd been abducted, there was only one conclusion left. Escape.

The willworker twisted as much as his wrappings allowed, and started looking around to assess his situation. Was he alone ? Was there any camera monitoring him ? Was he linked to some pulse checking alarm system ? What was his leeway in this clusterf***** situation.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-07-24 00:34:24 Miach rolls 4 to Wits 3 + Inv 1 (10 Again) 1, 7, 4, 7 failure

Miach finds that although he can move his eyes, it's pretty much impossible to shift around.

"Jonathan Blyes, Witch. Masquerading as a Doctor at Sutter General." There was a definite pointed tone to the voice, almost as if it was being read out of a file. "Associates include Wanda Gale, Witch, Owner of the Caduceus Clinic. Shane Daniels, Witch, Sentenced to Death for Witchcraft in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. Ember Sterns, Witch, also known as October Davenport, currently masquerading as an ER Doctor at Sutter General.

The voice paused for breath as the slight clicking sounds of heels moved closer to him. “Esmeralda Garcia, Victim. Vincent Royce, Witch. Alfredo Rossi, Witch. Doctor Angelo Farris, Victim. Doctor Stephen Tran, Victim.

The clicking stopped just to the left of him. “Where are the rest?”

Miach

PRE

If Miach had thought he had known fear before, he had been sorely mistaken. Each recitation of a name on the list made his blood chill colder, and experience a feeling of marrow-deep dread. True Names. Sentences on Witches, and Victims ? Esmeralda !

It didn't seem to add up with Glo-makers... unless it was only a front for something even more sinister. As it was, his best guess was that his blood was used to produce Glo, and that he would be used to death... two birds with one stone, so to say...

The Acanthus tried to turn his eyes as much as possible to the left, hoping to catch something from the corner of his eyes. Anything to sustain a rapidly dwindling glimmer of Hope.

Miach

PRE

His voice weak, Miach rasped a plea that might, or might not, get answered.

"Victims ? Tell me not ! How..."

In his beffudled mind, he feared that they would be dead already, or in harm's way. Not that he could do much for them now, anyway, but plead for their lives.

There was a strong sigh from somewhere above him. "Your victims, Witch. And where are you keeping B?"

Miach

PRE

Thankfully for his mental sanity, Miach had already dealt with most of the fear and outrage of his situation, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to think even the most simple thoughts. Paramount in his mind was the fear of death, and the Enchanter felt more like a Fool now, than a Happy-go-lucky...

My victims ! Say again ?! he thought with anger. An easily contained anger, though. Denying would probably earn him a punishment, as would lack of cooperation. But if he spilled the beans... a longer life. Perhaps a lessening of pain, of fear. A chance to escape ? It was the only sane thing to do, obviously, he rationalized.

"I don't know. He has been at the hostel, but has probably left since..." he said, trying to sound helpful, rational, well-meaning. Anything to save his life.

There was an odd cough and some tapping away at a phone. “Which Hostel?” there was speculation in the voice.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread