DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Kassidy finished his call with Dillon, Kassidy turned around and headed back to the Avalon. He wasn't more than a couple minutes out, he had close to a fifteen minute wait for the Reeve to show up. It looked like it'd be a long fifteen minutes too, thought relatively un-harassed. The Bouncers at the door of the Avalon had seen him go in, so they assumed he was waiting for a ride anyway.

With that much time on his hands, he decided to do his hair into three french braids then braid those together. It was the kind of hairstyle that dramatically shortened his hair, bringing it from brushing his lower back to between his shoulder blades, but he just liked the look. 'too bad I don't have the time for box braids...'

Dillon Connery Wolven Pryde

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

The rumble of Dillon's car can be heard, around and about the scheduled time. The Reeve thought he was early, but seeing Kassidy already standing there on the curb makes him think maybe not.

Oh well. He can't help it when the other is even earlier than he is.

As he slows to pull closer, the sounds of ZZ Top can be clearly heard through his rolled up windows. Just before he turns the volume down to an appropriate level, his mouth is obviously synced with Billy Gibbons singing 'I gotsta get paid'. And then the car comes to a stop, passenger door lined up rather well with his short-notice patrol partner.

Dillon is fairly proud of how well he timed that.

He can't throw Kass a silly line, though, because he doesn't have power windows in the old, black El Camino. So unfortunately, his Beast will be speaking for him, and probably giving its usual voilently crude impression.

Right behind the Gangrel's hazel eyes rest six more. Demonic. Canine. Full of dominating fury. Three tongues lick their respective tusks in anticipation of closer proximity to one they can rend asunder.

But Dillon has his hand on the leash, and looks slightly less intimidating in short sleeves and jeans.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Kassidy finished tying off his braid as a black Camino in fantastic condition pulled up in front of him. He flipped his finished braid over his tense shoulders, but he'd been expecting Dillon and had been exposed briefly before, so he managed to get that first urge to run stowed away. He stood and walked over, his pants swishing about his legs a bit like a skirt, but his greyish-olive tanktop was trim enough to show his torso was a scrawny male's. He probably should have headed to Catherine and his apartment to get different pants... but twenty minutes wasn't quite enough on foot...

Kassidy shook his head as he opened the door and stepped in. He debated on making a joke about his usual purpose for stepping into a man's car, instead buckling up and nodding to the dash. "Did you by her new, or fix her up? I don't think I've seen one this well maintained since '91" The joke there was that Kassidy's current ID said he was born that year, which only maybe Catherine would pick up on. On the other hand, his honest appreciation would be very much evident.

It was hard not to instantly like someone who took good care of their toys.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

It is equally hard not to instantly like someone who appreciates the care Dillon takes of his toys. The last Kindred to brag to him on such a thing... well... was probably Martha.

"Thanks, I did most of the restoration myself. Bought her in Baja California a couple of years back.

"Paint and interior was completely shot, but nary a speck of rust on the body."
    There was a fender he had to replace with another found at a junkyard, and countless hours spent servicing the engine, smoothing out dings, replacing cosmetics, but Dillon doesn't let himself ramble on into all of the details. "So I had to have it. Traded a pretty nice bike for it, too. And I'm pretty sure the old guy that made the trade is convinced that he practically robbed me."

Whether or not the interest was manufactured for this purpose or not, Kassidy is now squarely on Dillon's Nice list.

"So..." Dillon begins as he pulls out and heads north, bound for I Street, where they can merge with West Side Freeway and head toward-- "Feeding in Valencia, huh? You managed that awful fast."
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Kassidy nodded and grinned a little as Dillon talked about where he got the vehicle. Baja made sense - deserts were great for not rusting a car, but he just imagine how bad the engine must have been, if he considered that one time a client paid him for sex on the beach. Though with the way the engine was purring now it was hard to imagine it.

Though Dillon bringing up Valencia reminded him why he was here. "Yeah, honestly I had just wanted to talk to herald Villiers about things I could do to earn feeding there - Err, I'm interested in joining the Crone so it seemed prudent to try and figure out what I needed to start doing. I definitely wasn't expecting to have it granted tonight." A sheepish and embarrassed smile flitted across his face. "Well, all I can really do at this point is hold up my end of the agreement..."

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

There is a moment where Dillon tries to reign in an automatic reaction, and almost pouts. He understands that the situation is different these nights. The vacancies in some usual positions of Court, Clan, or Covenant are many. Feeding pressure is thus at an all time low. But he can't escape the feeling that Martha keeps handing out privileges that he had to dig and scrape for.

The pieces don't fit, any way he tries to put them together.

Except that, perhaps she recognized that Dillon never needed any extra assistance to ford his own path. But that's little consolation when your friends give complete strangers free passes to do what they made you trudge for.

Still, it isn't Kassidy's fault.

"Well, that's lucky,"
    Dillon says with an honest smile. Focusing on the more amusing aspects of the situation. "I had to get on stage in front of the whole Domain and sing the female lead to the Phantom of the Opera."

One might assume that Dillon is making a joke. But he isn't.

He glances over from the road with a grin, just long enough to catch Kassidy's reaction.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Kassidy blinks blankly for a moment, then frowns and picks at his pants. "A hazing of sorts. It is... rather unfair that anyone had to go through such a thing with others haven't." there's a stab of guilt in him, but he also chuckles.

"Though, I think whoever forced you to go through that would find it's much harder to embarrass me or find something I'd hesitate in doing if the outcome was feeding or residency. Something I've said to clients before comes to mind there 'I'll be anything you pay me to be, even straight.' " he lets out a dark chocolate chuckle at such memories and then sighs.

They weren't the best memories. He had amended that phrase eventually, after concluding he no longer wanted to be the insect they called him. Regardless, he had been fully prepared to do any number of things to earn the right to feed, and he had expected to be required to do them before he was allowed. That things happened differently than he expected... felt slightly wrong.

"I hope you did well enough that you could be proud of your performance. I think that's one of the important things when someone tries to embarrass you: no matter what they ask, perform such that you they can't break you."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

ooc

Kassidy looked out the window as he waited for Connery's response. The slight black man realized somewhat belatedly that dumping that much information about his history with that profession might not have been the wisest idea. "Sorry, I'm not usually that... chatty." revealing was a more accurate word, but saying that would just draw attention to what he'd said.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

So sorry for the delay, Cl4re !

Without realizing it, Dillon had slightly misrepresented the nature of that evening at Court with his too-brief description. He is still replaying the events silently in his mind, recalling all of the different costumes that had been on display. His own Roy Batty had turned out much more fun than he'd expected. Even if it was extremely simple. Buy someone's cosplay coat from ebay, dye hair white, act like a renegade cyborg... too easy.

Kassidy's last sentence makes Dillon realize that he hadn't answered. There is an automatic and reflexively questioning grunt, before it hits home that Kassidy thought the silence had to do with something he said.

"Oh, no. It's fine." He sneaks another sidelong glance to smile in reassurance. "As a matter of fact, it was a contest for Tenancy and Feeding rights at a Formal Court. The choice of the role was actually mine, in a last-minute idea to help out a Clan mate who hadn't arranged for his own accompaniment."

Well, that's not one hundred percent true. His reasoning had as little to do with helping that coward Jim Calloway as it did with Tenancy. But it's true enough to suit the conversation.

"I just meant that your timing was fortunate that all you needed do was ask."
    Making good time on the freeway by now, Dillon adds, "Now we'll just make sure you get the most out of it, and make a good impression of yourself in the process."

The last sentence is upbeat, rather than critical. He doesn't think Kass will have any problem with that.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Kassidy nodded and settles into the seat. "That's true enough." A contest? That was an interesting idea, and there was a certain amount of relief Kassidy felt as finding out that it had not been a deliberate attempt to mock or ridicule. He was just a little embarrassed at his interpretation and rambling. At least Dillon's lack of response wasn't to something he said.

He starts humming and tapping his fingers to the music playing from Dillon's speakers - they might have been low enough to allow conversation, but Kassidy recognized the song easily enough and figured why not? Unless Dillon objects, the humming turns into soft singing.

To the music
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-07-24 09:46:42 Kassidy Harrington rolls 5 to Humming to the music (10 Again) 3, 9, 4, 10, 3, 4 2 successes

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread